• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released between the last months of 2019 and the first months of 2020

In which month, among these, do you think Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released?

• October 2019

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • November 2019

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • December 2019

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • January 2020

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • February 2020

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • March 2020

Votes: 29 42.6%

• Total voters

D.Final

Banned
An insider gave this news.

9zMBHw6.jpg

And with the imminent arrival of E3 2019, I think the announcement of the release date of the game is also very likely.

EXQhvHb.gif

So, in which of the coming months do you think, or would you prefer, to see Final Fantasy VII Remake coming out?

tCvl34B.gif

GenericUser

I somehow think square rushes the first part of the remake, because they still want it to happen on the PS4. The PS5 presumeably will be released sometime in 2020, so without having to redo major parts of the game to make it look like a proper "next gen" effort, they just wrap up what they got until now and push it out on the old platforms.

Last edited:

Ellery

2020 is indeed going to be one of the wildest years ever.

Just thinking about Final Fantasy VII Remake, Cyberpunk 2077, The Last of Us 2, Ghosts of Tsushima, many unannounced games, possibly FROM Software games and then we end 2020 in new next generation consoles.

I am hyped and I am ready

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Square/ Nomura is likely to delay it for a few months for poolish (like what they did with KH3), so early 2020 seems more realistic to me than late 2019.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I’m fine with launch PS5 title. 4K @ 60 please!

Lets hope for Xbox too.
Tired of this exclusive bullshit this generation. Especially with Sony.

I believe the game is partially being funded by SNY. You’ll probably get a PC release though. If you support all the consoles, who cares about exclusives?

John Day

It’s like they want to keep us on a chokehold with anticipation, like they don’t realize this game needs no anticipation. They could release part 1 tomorrow unnanounced, doesn’t matter.

We will eat this shit up! 🤣🤣

The fact this is episodic totally kills my hype unless it's divided in like 2 parts and they come within a year of each other.

Bakkus

The fact that a remake of a 22 year old game is episodic is as pathetic as you can possibly get...

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released between the last months of 2019 and the first months of 2020

:messenger_expressionless: :messenger_expressionless: :messenger_expressionless: :messenger_expressionless:

If we have Square-Enix + Tetsuya "Slow Turtle" Nomura + Problems with Luminous Engine and its awful optimization + Slowness of the developers + New Console Generations and Change of Engine =

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Easy will launch in 2024

:messenger_expressionless:

And its a blessing because they have already the characters, Story, OST, System Battle...

if was a new game probably 2029.

:messenger_pouting:

Last edited:
I'm gonna say they'll announce it for December 2019 but maybe end up delaying it for February/March 2020.

I guess there's something about playing Final Fantasy VII during the winter that feels like a good time.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned

:messenger_expressionless: :messenger_expressionless: :messenger_expressionless: :messenger_expressionless:

If we have Square-Enix + Tetsuya "Slow Turtle" Nomura + Problems with Luminous Engine and its awful optimization + Slowness of the developers + New Console Generations and Change of Engine =

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Easy will launch in 2024

:messenger_expressionless:

And its a blessing because they have already the characters, Story, OST, System Battle...

if was a new game probably 2029.

:messenger_pouting:

Actually, Final Fantasy VII Remake has always been made, from the beginning, with the Unreal Engine 4.
And the only big change that has taken place during the very first stages of development has been the change of development, from external (with CyberConnect) to internal.
[and it happened between 2015 and 2016]

This is the only thing that happened to the project, nothing else.

Furthermore, Final Fantasy VII Remake is now in excellent health.
And in an advanced development phase, which will lead to the likely first game demo that we could play in the near future.

So it is not wise to be pessimistic, on a non-solid basis.

Top Bottom