• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Gamescom Trailer

Red Mage

I much prefer X's combat to XIII. I just wish the main game was a little more difficult.

I prefer the music as well.

Well, pretty much all FFs are like that, post FFIV. The only exception for me was XII, but even then doing the sidequests on a regular basis kept my party leveled.

Thoraxes

Seeing so much love for FFX is weird. When it came out, it was nothing but FF fans complaining that it wasn't anything like 7 (As has been the case since 7..) and people almost went to Square HQ to murder whoever thought up wakka and blitzball. Sure, a few people liked it, but it was mostly regarded as 'meh' and a death of the franchise (As has been the case since..).
I group it with FFXIII (in terms of how much I enjoy it), in that its much more linear (which I didn't mind), but I like the music, characters, and settings of both games. My only complaint about X really was the slow battle system, but it wasn't that bad, and the HD collection seems to speed up the loading between battles, so it gets better.

On my first playthrough I juggled all the characters in and out of battles, never ensuring that at least three were always getting XP. When I got to Mt. Gagazet, the bosses started giving me hell.

Now, X is one of the easiest games one can play. You don't even need to grind for it to be that way. Just main three dudes (my pick: Yuna, Auron and Tidus) and overkill every boss to get more XP and items, and everything will be a cakewalk. Just be sure to forge yourself three accessories that prevent the zombie status effect, before a certain boss. ;)

Bladenic

On my first playthrough I juggled all the characters in and out of battles, never ensuring that at least three were always getting XP. When I got to Mt. Gagazet, the bosses started giving me hell.

Now, X is one of the easiest games one can play. You don't even need to grind for it to be that way. Just main three dudes (my pick: Yuna, Auron and Tidus) and overkill every boss to get more XP and items, and everything will be a cakewalk. Just be sure to forge yourself three accessories that prevent the zombie status effect, before a certain boss. ;)

Then you need to make sure you take those off for a later boss, unless you like getting insta game over.

SirNinja

The wait is fucking killing me.

It wouldn't be so bad of a wait if they'd just give us a more specific release window than "2013". Doubly bad in this case because with each passing day, it's becoming more likely that even that won't be accurate. I think the best-case scenario right now is that it'll be released just in time before Christmas (much like the original FFX here in the States). If we don't get a release date by TGS, that pretty much confirms it for 2014.

Even if the truth hurts, though, I want to hear it.

I wonder how limited the LE version will be lol

All PS3 preorders will be LEs, so they'll be made according to demand. Beyond that, they'll probably be quite rare.

No Vita logo at the end :/

They're still in the works. It could be they've simply been delayed in favor of getting the PS3 version out the door. Who knows...

Aurizen

Well guys its delayed :(

I'm at PAX Prime and spoke with a SE rep in the booths while I played ffX hd on ps3. The game will not be out this year. It is now scheduled for 2014 release. Vita will get physical and digital release along with ps3.

I found that on gamefaq

Seik

Banned
I love that remix of the battle theme!!! :O

That top comment is so right, where the hell is the release date?! The hype is unbearable!!

Well guys its delayed :(

I found that on gamefaq

No...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Please don't be true!!! D:

Loakum

Banned
What? A Final Fantasy game getting delayed? Shocking. In all due fairness, I'll rather have the game delayed for extra polish, than have it be released looking and playing like crap.

Toth

Unfortunately the lack of a release date on Sept. 1st kind of foreshadowed this. Maybe they can move up LR then in the west :p

Seda

More than one person have reported this from the SE reps at PAX Prime, including gaffer MaverickHunterAsh on the last page. It's become obvious in the last several weeks anyways.

Vita getting physical versions is something though, if true.

Squire

Banned
More than one person have reported this from the SE reps at PAX Prime, including gaffer MaverickHunterAsh on the last page. It's become obvious in the last several weeks anyways.

Vita getting physical versions is something though, if true.

Maybe make a thread, Seda? It's basically confirmed for 2014 and people wanted to know if Vita versions would also be physical.

RpgN

Despite being crazy hyped for it, I'm honestly relieved that it's delayed now. There are too many great games coming out between now and December.

Squire

Banned
Despite being crazy hyped for it, I'm honestly relieved that it's delayed now. There are too many great games coming out between now and December.

I feel the exact same way, as selfish as it is. Didn't wanna juggle this and a PS4.

Aurizen

SE disappoints again.... they did say this year we would get a FF game we all thought we would see FFX HD 2013 because of LR delay! thats so not cool! Now I hope this game dominates LR

SkylineRKR

Square kept being silent about a release date so this is not surprising to me if true. And if it slips into 2014 then its probably pretty far away still as Lightning Returns is set for Q1. Maybe it would be wise to also release this on Ps4.

Vashetti

Banned
If they release this the same time as Lightning Returns next year...

c2m.gif

Loakum

Banned
Let's look at it from another aspect: GTAV, Call of Duty, and Assassin's Creed are all releasing later this year (in the case of GTAV, this month). Those 3 games by themselves are gonna cannibalize a enormous chunk of the holiday season customer spending dollars. It's a wise move to release your game early next year, to stand a better chance at making a decent profit.

RPGCrazied

Ugh. This year would have been better. There is just to much coming out early next year. I can't believe SE wants to put this out after a new console launch. Plus LR is early next year too. What does SE have for this holiday season? Are they banking on KH ReMix and Realm Reborn?

Samyy

If they release this the same time as Lightning Returns next year...

I wonder if FFX/X-2 HD will outsell LR...
Well putting it out after the new consoles launch pretty much guarentees I get the Vita version. Great to hear that there are physical copies.

Seda

I'll make another thread. 2 gaffers and those on other boards have mentioned the delay that the SE reps are openly stating. Only that one mentioned the physical release on Vita though

Loakum

Banned
As much as I love Final fantasy X, I'm not gonna hate on Final Fantasy Lightning Returns, because (from what I've seen from the trailers, and the making of video) it's looking to be really good game. I think FFLR is gonna surprise some folks.

Top Bottom