• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age |OT| You Had One Job!

Whew, the second time a certain character joins you is certainly the time to go esper hunting. With him casting bubble, and a berserked uhlan Basche, I was able to take out Adramalech at level 25. I was lucky enough to find some berserk gloves, and perma berserk is a mighty thing indeed. I might take it off until I fight hunts above my level.

Speaking of hunts, I was able to clear all 15 right when he rejoined. Much more fun than the regular storyline enemies. They're so easy its sleep inducing (and I haven't been grinding or even touched Trial mode), and I doubt that will change.

I'm off to hunt Zalera in the morning.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
For the White Mouse hunt any male guest characters don't count against you and will still spawn it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I setup a steal gambit. Foe equal hp 100, steal. Lots of loot.

I just did that.

My Fran goes up and pulls a jack move on the enemy first, then my twin Bushis Ashe and Penelo swoop in to slice him up. Very satisfying.

jiggle

Sold what I had and only got back about 3.5k which I then used to buy Cura and Raise I think.

Something I noticed was that succulent fruit fetches a pretty good price. Is there a good area to chain tomatoes?
Zone 1 of sandsea is a great place to farm them
Just run backward into westersand 2 zones away to repopulate the entire area

Niks

Why are guns so weak compared to other weapons? I chose machinist/white mage for balthier (big mistake) so now im stuck with a healer that cant do shit for damage.

Why are guns so weak compared to other weapons? I chose machinist/white mage for balthier (big mistake) so now im stuck with a healer that cant do shit for damage.

Guns ignore defense. Plus, you can get silent shot which has been great for shutting down magic-using foes.

I just did that.

My Fran goes up and pulls a jack move on the enemy first, then my twin Bushis Ashe and Penelo swoop in to slice him up. Very satisfying.

This works sooooo well. Just passed the sand sea tonight and sold all my loot for 30k+.
Sometimes for the bigger fights I turn it off otherwise people will spend time stealing and not attacking. It's weird in a way but great for grinding along with 2x speed.

Still tweaking my gambit it's been a long time since I played. Wonder if I can boot up the old PS2...

Ludens

Banned
Sold what I had and only got back about 3.5k which I then used to buy Cura and Raise I think.

Something I noticed was that succulent fruit fetches a pretty good price. Is there a good area to chain tomatoes?

The fast method I found is going to Lhusu Mines, reach the second bridge area and kill skeletons. When they stop spawning, zone out until they appear again (turn your gambit off so you won'y lose your chain). You will gain both loot and LP, when you have 99 units just leave the dungeon, sell the loot and come in again. You will do 100k in no time, considering each run grants you around 23k.

Zesh

Finished the trials, and the game. Have the bestiary, cartographer, and concurrence trophies left, but I'm not sure if I'll bother with them.

Had a great time with the game overall; it's unfortunate that I haven't enjoyed the more recent FFs as much as this.

I have no recollection of the The Tomb of Raithwall music from the last time I played the game, but lawd, it's like something from an Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask dungeon. Unnerving. I had forgotten my hatred of the Ragoh enemies, though, as they have slow death animation, and it seems like you can't pick up their drops until they've disappeared. die die die

Tubie

Hit the Tomb of Raithwall and I'm so broke. No one is actually wearing armour. How do I make some freaking money?

Go back to Lhasa mines (having at least one guy with a good Steal gambit makes this much faster) and go back and forth through the area before and the area you fought Ba'Gamnan (only skeleton enemies in those 2 zones so you get really high chains).

Those skeletons drop a lot of bone fragments and 99 of those will net you close to 20k gil.

With Vaan stealing them I can get to 99 of them quick.

Those skeletons also give about 130xp each for me at level 22 so it's not a terrible way to level characters at that point either.

Nista

Wow.. I made it all the way to Zodiark and got him down to his last health and his last Darkja killed everyone instantly. Now I have to go through that hell beforehand all over again with no Save Crystal nearby. Fuck that lol. I'm raging for a little bit, lemme take a break.

Same dang thing happened to me. Good thing I didn't get any rare chests to spawn on my way through or I would have thrown the controller across the room.

I really hate that mine area.

I just did the darkseer hunt. What should I do to get the remaining elite hunts? There's only the last dungeon left now.

Edit: BTW, any tips to get te Kumbha and Tournesol?

Just downed Tiamat in the Henne Mines and can freely walk the jungle. Still have Larsa. Whole party is level 25/26. Is now a good time to do hunts/some Espers and farm exp/LP/Gil?

Anything in the mine worth going back for? I've already completed all Hunts that were available when I last left Rabanastre but assume more are now.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Recommended level for Gilgamesh and Yiazmat?

The fast method I found is going to Lhusu Mines, reach the second bridge area and kill skeletons. When they stop spawning, zone out until they appear again (turn your gambit off so you won'y lose your chain). You will gain both loot and LP, when you have 99 units just leave the dungeon, sell the loot and come in again. You will do 100k in no time, considering each run grants you around 23k.

No need to turn the gambits off, just flee (r2 iirc)! But yep. Also, if it's about money, the bone fragments are worth a lot more than the other loot you get.

Jennipeg

I seem to have a severe weakness to flan's in this game, first the Henne mines and now the White Mousse. It's made harder by the 3 Malboro overkings and elemental hanging out right next to it, I finally got rid of them and it annihilated me with Aquaga every 5 seconds. I'm level 30, I feel like I should be able to beat this thing.

Jolkien

Recommended level for Gilgamesh and Yiazmat?

65-75 I'd say. I defeated Yiazmat at lvl 72, took like 30-40 minutes. Make sure to strenght break them a couples of time to reduce their damage (and also magick break for Yiazmat). And of course armor break to kill them faster.

I seem to have a severe weakness to flan's in this game, first the Henne mines and now the White Mousse. It's made harder by the 3 Malboro overkings and elemental hanging out right next to it, I finally got rid of them and it annihilated me with Aquaga every 5 seconds. I'm level 30, I feel like I should be able to beat this thing.

If you want a trick to explode White Mousse cast Reflect and all your party member and cast a -ra or -ga spell on your party you will reflect it three-fold on the enemy per cast, I defeated the white mousse under 15 seconds that way. Make sure to disable your healing gambit so they don't bounce on the ennemy or equip the item that bypass reflect effect on your healer, but it should be fast enough that you won't need healing.

Pantz

Anyone else get disturbingly annoyed by these things?

When you go to open a chest or a door and your gambit triggers to perform an another action, locking you out of the door/chest prompt for a few seconds.

In Bhujerba when they use their own language for a few words like "bhadra".

In the clan hall, the Seeq and the Moogle chasing eachother around the stairs, in a stopping and starting motion.

That stuff really gets under my skin more than it should.

Atlantis

It can be put to sleep.

Same dang thing happened to me. Good thing I didn't get any rare chests to spawn on my way through or I would have thrown the controller across the room.

I really hate that mine area.

My first run through, I stole Great Trango from him on the first try and then wiped to him because I forgot Quickenings and was playing the losing game of "keep everyone alive for reflectga scathe."

Anyone else get disturbingly annoyed by these things?

When you go to open a chest or a door and your gambit triggers to perform an another action, locking you out of the door/chest prompt for a few seconds.

In Bhujerba when they use their own language for a few words like "bhadra".

In the clan hall, the Seeq and the Moogle chasing eachother around the stairs, in a stopping and starting motion.

That stuff really gets under my skin more than it should.

If you press R2 as a workaround when wanting to check items/chests whilst out on the field, that might help ease this annoyance.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
There are three Wvyern type enemies in Zertinan Caverns with 99999 HP each. Holy shit, I got wrecked.

Also does anyone have a guide to get the Yagyu Darkblade? I greatly prefer Ninja Swords over other stuff now.

Jennipeg

65-75 I'd say. I defeated Yiazmat at lvl 72, took like 30-40 minutes. Make sure to strenght break them a couples of time to reduce their damage (and also magick break for Yiazmat). And of course armor break to kill them faster.

If you want a trick to explode White Mousse cast Reflect and all your party member and cast a -ra or -ga spell on your party you will reflect it three-fold on the enemy per cast, I defeated the white mousse under 15 seconds that way. Make sure to disable your healing gambit so they don't bounce on the ennemy or equip the item that bypass reflect effect on your healer, but it should be fast enough that you won't need healing.

It can be put to sleep.

I've just been yelling at the TV, saying how impossible it is, and now I feel dumb lol.

Thanks guys.

Edit: Done it! Finally, that took all of 2 minutes in the end.

Jolkien

There are three Wvyern type enemies in Zertinan Caverns with 99999 HP each. Holy shit, I got wrecked.

Also does anyone have a guide to get the Yagyu Darkblade? I greatly prefer Ninja Swords over other stuff now.

You can farm it on Bombshell in the Lhusu Mines or there's a chest in the Great Crystak that gives one, that's where I got mine. It's in Sirhru Jilaam Prati'vaa, 25% spawn chest on the chest. 100% chance to get it if the chest spawns. And yeah these Wyvern type were the last monster I needed for my bestiary trophy, they do an insane amount of damage I just summoned Zodiark a few time to kill one. They only give like 4000 xp, totaly not worth it outside the trophy.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
They don't just ignore defense, they completely ignore all character stats and do fixed damage. So they're a good choice for a white Mage to do some respectable damage from long range in-between healing/buffing.

They also hit much harder than their attack value would suggest.

Synless

Ok, so I just recently got everyone in my party (after the first judge battle on the airship). I have some equipment/esper questions. Firstly, what equipment should I get this early in the game? I have already collected the gladius, Seitengrat, Karkata, and Sword of Kings. What about armor or other weapons? Second, what is the earliest few espers I can get?

Atlantis

Ok, so I just recently got everyone in my party (after the first judge battle on the airship). I have some equipment/esper questions. Firstly, what equipment should I get this early in the game? I have already collected the gladius, Seitengrat, Karkata, and Sword of Kings. What about armor or other weapons? Second, what is the earliest few espers I can get?

The Seitengrat is the strongest weapon in the game, you don't need anything else. I wouldn't even bother collecting armor since you're going to roll over everything with it and your other weapons.

You'll need to get Belias before you can collect optional espers, so you have a little bit to go.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Wtf? The game isn't even difficult to begin with and you have already succeed in completely breaking it. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Atlantis

Wtf? The game isn't even difficult to begin with and you have already succeed in completely breaking it. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Maybe doing a perfect game where you get everything as soon as possible.

In that case, off the top of my head, Arcturus is available once you set off for the tomb. You'll have to look up where to collect the ingredients though.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
You can farm it on Bombshell in the Lhusu Mines or there's a chest in the Great Crystak that gives one, that's where I got mine. It's in Sirhru Jilaam Prati'vaa, 25% spawn chest on the chest. 100% chance to get it if the chest spawns. And yeah these Wyvern type were the last monster I needed for my bestiary trophy, they do an insane amount of damage I just summoned Zodiark a few time to kill one. They only give like 4000 xp, totaly not worth it outside the trophy.
Great Crystal it is.

OMG the auto-save feature doesn't work before entering the Zodiark fight area. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
There is an orange crystal nearby.

Bastos

I have my party at lvl 16~19 and I'm getting near Tomb of Raithwall. I only have Vaan with a Gladius.

Am I breaking the game? :C I thought it was fine using the Gladius because my party was already wrecking every mob with two hits. Does it get harder later?

I don't plan to use the op weapons like Seitengrat or Karkata anytime soon, if ever, but I don't want to break the game, it's really been easy so far. Is there a moment where these weapons are not op and start becoming "normal"?

Jolkien

I have my party at lvl 16~19 and I'm getting near Tomb of Raithwall. I only have Vaan with a Gladius.

Am I breaking the game? :C I thought it was fine using the Gladius because my party was already wrecking every mob with two hits. Does it get harder later?

I don't plan to use the op weapons like Seitengrat or Karkata anytime soon, if ever, but I don't want to break the game, it's really been easy so far. Is there a moment where these weapons are not op and start becoming "normal"?

About 70% into the game. Earlier if you delve into all the optional area. Like all Final Fantasy the main story pose no serious challenge at all. You'll have to wait until optionnal Espers and super bosses to be challenged.

Top Bottom