• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII Information Thread | March 9, 2010 NA/EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
neojubei said:

Wow so those are actually screenshots from Squeenix, with the mouse pointer and all. :lol

Here's what happened. Squeenix is so lazy they haven't even bothered to capture proper 360 screens to go with their "promise" about fixing the alleged "mistake".

These are probably pathetic prntscrn grabs from the b-roll footage they released to journalists recently. Which may or may not be PS3 footage with the HUD tampered with.

Those pics are bullshit. :lol They look like screencaptures from a shitty video (mouse pointer!). There's no way the game is going to look like that (even if some of you hope it does).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is this the only decent pictures? :lol

final-fantasy-xiii-20100212091358530.jpg

Mandoric

Banned
Oh wow if that's not an intern fucking up caps this thread is gonna explode.

(on the other hand, that's exactly what a shitty cap card and horrible PS export settings produce, so don't get too excited yet.)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
PhatSaqs said:
This is great food for the console warriors :lol

You said it. :lol

Is this Bayonetta all over again?

Mandoric said:
Oh wow if that's not an intern fucking up caps this thread is gonna explode.

(on the other hand, that's exactly what a shitty cap card and horrible PS export settings produce, so don't get too excited yet.)
The washed out color and the weird edges owing to some amount of image compression, yeah. But the dithering effect and the poor texture filtering are noticeably more pronounced. Still, perhaps they're amplified by the other issues.

Kagari said:
I'll wait to see it APZonerunner gets a reply from Square, then sure.
Isn't the SquareEnixSonia tweet sort of definitive enough? The screens are clearly horribly, amateurishly grabbed, but they're official.

Pooya

:lol :lol :lol , holy shit, I don't know what to say, as someone who already preorderes the 360 version, I'm really disappointed , hell last remnant looks way way better than this shit :(

Dresden

badcrumble said:
Isn't the SquareEnixSonia tweet sort of definitive enough? The screens are clearly horribly, amateurishly grabbed, but they're official.
It's almost like they thought, if they look too good they won't believe us!

ULTROS!

So... Is this picture real then?

1266389094.jpg

Paracelsus

All joking aside, Square sucks big time. That's disrespectful towards people who are gonna buy the 360 version. Three weeks left and no sign of a proper 360 screenshot yet. Ok, it's a Jrpg so graphics aren't the most important thing but I mean, come on.

Mandoric

Banned
badcrumble said:
The washed out color and the weird edges owing to some amount of image compression, yeah. But the dithering effect and the poor texture filtering are noticeably more pronounced. Still, perhaps they're amplified by the other issues.

The shitty edges all over, especially on Light's hair, are very reminiscent of a particular mass-market 720p capture box I have the displeasure of working with every week.

Plus, c'mon, FF11 looks better on the 360 than this, using PS2 assets.

ULTROS! said:
You said it. :lol

Is this Bayonetta all over again?

Bayonetta ran like shit on the PS3, console war stuff aside.

Is it possible that FFXIII will run just as poorly on the 360 as Bayo did on the PS3?

Entirely.

Will it happen?

Dunno.

Mandoric

Banned
Zoe said:
There's something odd about these screens: (very mild spoilers)

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/...ges/final-fantasy-xiii-20100212091358530.html
Behemoth King standing up yet the break bar still shows ???%

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/...ges/final-fantasy-xiii-20100217100343831.html
Really? Max of 3000 HP in chapter 11?

You can break a standing King. He just resets HP/break/probably hate during the stand-up animation. And 3k is very reasonable for ch11, that's about where I was at the end of the chapter before I started doing hunts.

Zoe

Mandoric said:
You can break a standing King. He just resets HP/break/probably hate during the stand-up animation. And 3k is very reasonable for ch11, that's about where I was at the end of the chapter before I started doing hunts.

My point on the standing King was that you should have already beat him enough that you'd know what the ???% is. I guess they could have just not driven up the meter at all.

As for the second,
guess I leveled up more than I remembered :lol

ULTROS! said:
Isn't that the PS3 edited pic? :p

Oops :lol :lol :lol

sam27368

Banned
I thought these might be bad captures as well, but the battle menu is quite clear. (Baring in mind I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to capturing)

Wow I thought the mouse cursor people were mentioning was the finger one that was selecting options for the battle menu but then I saw the shot with mouse pointer like it was from windows :lol

I'm so confused by what just happened.

Can someone explain what's going on? Some are saying that's the 360 screen shot, others are saying it's an old PS3 screen capture replaced with 360 buttons.

What's what.

Zoe

marathonfool said:

Can someone explain what's going on? Some are saying that's the 360 screen shot, others are saying it's an old PS3 screen capture replaced with 360 buttons.

What's what.

Anything with an upload date of the 17th is a 360 "screen shot".

ULTROS!

marathonfool said:

What's what.

I believe the Feb 12 ones were the wrong pictures (PS3 screen caps with 360 buttons) whereas the ones now (Feb 17) are the new pics from SE.

Mandoric

Banned
Zoe said:
My point on the standing King was that you should have already beat him enough that you'd know what the ???% is. I guess they could have just not driven up the meter at all.

I'm assuming
that they just have a low-leveled save in mostly-untouched Pulse that they trot out to make SSs. I could see them going to the spot that's really popular for grinding, waiting for KB to kill the other mob so it'll give them a close-up, and him raging sometime during that process.

Wazzim

Banned
That are problems from the capture card, REAL ingame screens on any console of any game look sharp and not like that.
Do you really think that SE would work a full year on tweaking the engine to get that **** result??
lolol:lol :lol

Mandoric

Banned
APZonerunner said:
For those completely missing the fucking mouse and talking about capture cards and shit:

If you're playing the game through the capture card, you're probably then screencapping from another program, which can easily pick up your cursor if you mouse over the play window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom