• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Gamescom Media

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It's that something uniqueness that XI had too. What other game can suck you back in even if only for a month 10 years later?

True. What other 2002-era MMORPG was worth dabbling in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, + etc.

Shinta

Banned
Looks pretty insane, and this isn't even from Eidos. It's almost like SQEX still has lots of talented people working there.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Is that some sort of controversial statement? Square Enix has tons of talented people; they just aren't given the roles they should most of the time, or the freedom they need.

I was just trollin actually, now that you make me spell it out >;)

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder whether they'll release another collector's edition. Might rebuy for the PS3 XD if the hypothetical CE is good.

I wonder whether they'll release another collector's edition. Might rebuy for the PS3 XD if the hypothetical CE is good.

Man, that first CE was garbage. It's like they tried to make every part of launch as terrible as they could. But yeah, if there's another I'll totally buy it too.

I don't have the same affection for FF that a lot of people do, I've never subscribed to an MMO but for whatever reason I've very interested in 2.0. If it turns out as good as it looks I might have to take the risk of subscribing for a few months.

NinjaJesus

DAT UI! I can't wait...

Also, I really hope this is RSE.
xIruX.jpg

dellingr

Colour me impressed. I may yet have a reason to join up with the gaffers in Red Dot again. However, I need to know what gameplay changes they have implemented first.

Shinta

Banned
I think everyone needs to really let the artwork stuff fully hit them, after they see the game's graphics. Can you imagine a drawbridge city embedded in the rocks, hanging over the water like that? Can you imagine that insane dragon bone city? Or the crazy underground ruins, or the crystal city ruins. I mean, damnnnnn.

Looks like this is going to have several of the most impressive RPG settings in a game ever.

Nice. Why didn't they just do this to begin with?

Quick bars are spaced too far apart and take up too much screen, though. Hopefully has a fully customizable UI.

I like the emoticons in the 6-8 buttons of the dude's action bar. So unimpressed.

Am I correct in assuming that a shitty 5 year old laptop doesn't have a chance of running this?

I like the emoticons in the 6-8 buttons of the dude's action bar. So unimpressed.

Am I correct in assuming that a shitty 5 year old laptop doesn't have a chance of running this?

This engine is according to them a lot more optimized and can be run on lower spec PC and PS3. If you can run the current version you should be able to run 2.0.

Via the press release that includes the images, it says it's Ishgard.

Ah, was under the impression that Mor Dohna was getting a snowy zone, thanks. :)

alternade

This looks really good. I want to play it on my PC but feel the PS3 would be more convenient. Will it support kb+m?

Is there an beta on PC now????

Riposte

A level 12 treant lol. Don't see any new monster models in the screenshots.

I wonder if we are looking at ruins of the main cities. It also seems Dalamund froze stuff more than anything else.

EDIT: Tsubh seems like a new NPC. So no news if any of them will be returning.

That image of the Roe jumping in the Lancer court is why I hate jumping lol.

EDIT: I wonder if I should analyzing that action bar. Will they be redoing the entire combat system again?

EDIT: Hold on a sec... the TP is always at 1000. What is the meaning of this I wonder.

Eliciel

Hey everybody,

excuse me for asking repetitive or dumb questions, but that's always my fastest source for actual "in-Game" experience and information:

1)
If I go and buy FF XIV today, install it and activate my account do I already have access to all of this new content that is set to be in "A realm reborn" or is there any prediction when this first content will arrive?

2)
What are your experiences from the game? How impactful where the changes that came along with the patches? When I first saw the game and played it for some hours I thought it wasn't feeling like a complete game...everything was taking too long and it was a little bit complicated. Did this change? Would you recommend this game or are there still some problems to it?

In advance, Thank you a lot for your help!

N.A

Banned
Hey everybody,

excuse me for asking repetitive or dumb questions, but that's always my fastest source for actual "in-Game" experience and information:

1)
If I go and buy FF XIV today, install it and activate my account do I already have access to all of this new content that is set to be in "A realm reborn" or is there any prediction when this first content will arrive?

ARR is essentially a new game that imports your character, levels and items. Beta should start around October-November. The game will be free to all those who bought the original FFXIV.

2)
What are your experiences from the game? How impactful where the changes that came along with the patches? When I first saw the game and played it for some hours I thought it wasn't feeling like a complete game...everything was taking too long and it was a little bit complicated. Did this change? Would you recommend this game or are there still some problems to it?

In advance, Thank you a lot for your help!

They've done the best job they could fixing a broken game with the small team the kept working on 1.x. The whole Dalamud (meteor) quest line is great and will only be available in 1.x.

Hate the fact im I'm about to hit 30 and sadly, won't have time to visit this wonderful looking realm. My MMO days are gone. I'm getting pissed typing this actually.

edgefusion

God I want to play this game so bad but I have a 4 year old MacBook Pro that won't even run it at its lowest settings under Windows. :(

Top Bottom