• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

Even though I've barely played SAM in Endwalker thanks to RPR, I have to admit I'm disappointed by the changes they're making to it. Kaiten is such an integral part of the feel of the job - the rotation is going to feel less busy (and less fun) as a result. If their goal was to reduce button bloat, they should have looked at the 8 different AOE skills instead lol

Oh well - guess I'm a Reaper main for the rest of the expansion.

Edit: Oh and the player cards look way better than I imagined. Looking forward to messing around with it.

Nothing ever got as bad as Costa del Sol & Thanalan in deliveries and talking to people.
The trolley stuff in Shadowbringers got pretty damn close though lol

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Even though I've barely played SAM in Endwalker thanks to RPR, I have to admit I'm disappointed by the changes they're making to it. Kaiten is such an integral part of the feel of the job - the rotation is going to feel less busy (and less fun) as a result. If their goal was to reduce button bloat, they should have looked at the 8 different AOE skills instead lol
Yeah as a SAM main it hurts. They took away one of the most anime looking skills we love. While yes you could just redistribute the potency, where's the fun in that? There's a shit ton of other skills they could merge or remove to simplify the rotation.
Edit: Oh and the player cards look way better than I imagined. Looking forward to messing around with it.
With the return of GARO collaboration, the Lich King (heh) Armor and that I have full reason to try the new PvP.
The trolley stuff in Shadowbringers got pretty damn close though lol
The game got better with how it is handled but it becomes something like

<Go to the Rising Stones and watch a scene where Alisaie is bored>
<Go to Ishgard and watch scene where Alphinaud has an existential crisis>
Fair points lol. The overall experience got better but it had its moments.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Samurais got robbed with the OP Reapers and Dragon Kick Monks. The sad part is Reaper is sooooo easy to play too. Like why bother playing any other DPS when Reaper exists.

I probably won't touch MCH ever again with how inadequate they are.

SMN is flashy but it's a dead end job.

Dark Knight still shit.

Wake me up when either Blue Mage gets an update or 7.0 with Liongirls happens.

Samurais got robbed with the OP Reapers and Dragon Kick Monks. The sad part is Reaper is sooooo easy to play too. Like why bother playing any other DPS when Reaper exists.
Yep. I barely have to put in any effort as Reaper and still easily top DPS every time.
Wake me up when either Blue Mage gets an update or 7.0 with Liongirls happens.
Blue Mage updates are historically .55 updates, so around Fall 2023ish.

Also, you don't do Alliance Raids? Day 1 Alliance shenanigans are probably some of the most fun I still have in this game. So much death...

Though, nothing in the Nier series was particularly difficult so I expect the new raid to be relatively easy as well. Orbonne was often a toss-up whether we could clear Thunder God or not lol. I miss those days...

YukiOnna

Yep. I barely have to put in any effort as Reaper and still easily top DPS every time.

Blue Mage updates are historically .55 updates, so around Fall 2023ish.

Also, you don't do Alliance Raids? Day 1 Alliance shenanigans are probably some of the most fun I still have in this game. So much death...

Though, nothing in the Nier series was particularly difficult so I expect the new raid to be relatively easy as well. Orbonne was often a toss-up whether we could clear Thunder God or not lol. I miss those days...
Day 1 alliance raids are great. Apparently this is supposed to match Ivalice in difficulty so I hope that’s true.

I also noticed in the trailer that the Alliance raids have voice acting again! Voice acting was SORELY missed in the Nier raids.

Thunder God is one of my favorite fights because of his voice lines during battle. They're still some of the best lines in the game, delivered by an epic VO.

"To live by the sword is to die by the sword. There is time enough for regret in the flames of hell."
“Open your eyes to the darkness and drown in its loveless embrace. The gods will not be watching...”

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Not this time. I'm having a blast going through PvE in SWTOR. My game plan for XIV is to resub once the next xpac hits so I have lion girls to try out as well as EZ mode poetics gear catch up.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Well to the SAM complaints imagine being a long term SMN. To be fair smn can dump a lot of damage now it just didn’t exactly feel like I was a summoner until level 70.

Won’t lie I’m pretty excited to see how the game looks after the 7.0 update. Exciting times ahead.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
On the contrary as a SMN prior to 6.0 you could feasibly dump more damage then you do now with dot spread. As of now you can get big numbers and you look cool but you ultimately underperform behind RDM and BLM.

SMN is great for dungeons but does worse in everything else. Plus in raids if you want to see mechanics correctly you'll have to shrink your summons or turn them off completely.

With Samurai it's more a clear case of them bumping up Reaper and Monk but also as a result of the devs not testing a whole lot of shit.

Now you can argue that if you are frame perfect SAM still does the highest DPS by a small decimal but on the other hand you can be a "bad" player and still put out amazing numbers on a Monk or Reaper.

But you know that's really the beauty of taking a expansion long break knowing that a lot of the problems are probably going to be addressed when you come back. So time will tell.

Last edited:

Valonquar

whsUHQa.jpg

Preliminary Patch Notes are already up

- Nier Pod mount is bought with MGP. I'm being selfish here but I hope it's expensive because I've been sitting on 9m MGP for years...
- Nice Wondrous Tails change that allows you to choose from any duty in a designated tier instead of just Turn 4, Turn 9, etc.
- The punch fist emote is finally in the game!!!
4ef995518bea6aaa2fd0b5efbe7adf24b20f7a6f_34.png

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Hard to believe newcomers from here on out will be playing quite a different 2.0 from what I did.

Going to miss the Toto-rak and Westwind memes or the late night goofy Prae runs.

Last edited:
Full patch notes:
Differences between full and preliminary notes:

DRK Living Dead change sounds amazing (and LONG overdue)... but the job is still that boring 1-2-3 combo 90% of the time. DRK is in dire need of a rework for 7.0. But hey, at least they get the second part of their AOE combo at a reasonable level now (40 vs 72)

SAM changes aren't looking too hot tbh. I'm not removing Kaiten from my hotbar because I'm hoping they go back on the decision to remove it, like they did for Scholar Energy Drain a few times.

WHM changes are apparently really good? I don't play WHM but I'm seeing a lot of positive chatter about the changes

WAR Overpower is no longer conal :( I know most new Warriors don't like it but once you get used to it and realize you can use the longer range to your advantage, it kept us busy and moving in dungeons.

PLD has more heals than ever

Instanced zones have been removed aside from Thavnair. No more annoying Hunt Train instance hopping, but that also means less Nuts/Tomes per Hunt Train

Housing plot wards have been reallocated to be mostly for Free Companies, which is sure to upset a lot of people:
As of Patch 6.1, estate plots have been allocated as follows:
Free Company Estates: Wards 1-18
Private Estates: Wards 19-24
I guess I have a legacy home now since it's a FC house in a Private Ward? lol

PvP no longer uses "adrenaline" and now uses unique limit breaks for each job

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Best change in the game is having autotarget for an action if you don’t have a target, and being able to set it to say, closest target. Gamechanging, seriously. I’ve wanted this since ARR launch instead of having the game pointlessly notifying you with the invalid target error message.

Now they just need to introduce smart targeting for skills. If I am a healer and have the tank targeted, casting an attack spell should automatically cast at target of target instead of having me manually swap back and forth. Even Everquest 2 has this.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Amazing changes were made to DRK in PVP holy shit. Actual HP management systems up in here. Amazing. Eventide sounds sexy.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Those SAM changes hurt my soul. I'm going to die.
Yoshi P really wanting everyone to play Reaper. Those Samurai changes are a whole lotta bullshit. They might have killed the job. They came for the Tanks and Healers first and now the homogenization suppression cannon is coming for the DPS next. All to prop up Reaper as the powercreep end all be all until the next xpac where gears shift to the next group of classes and you do the process all over again.

Samurai is no longer in the cool club. I feel bad for Samurai's. I main Reaps but I originally mained BLM and then MCH and they just suck to play now.

YukiOnna

Yoshi P really wanting everyone to play Reaper. Those Samurai changes are a whole lotta bullshit. They might have killed the job. They came for the Tanks and Healers first and now the homogenization suppression cannon is coming for the DPS next. All to prop up Reaper as the powercreep end all be all until the next xpac where gears shift to the next group of classes and you do the process all over again.

Samurai is no longer in the cool club. I feel bad for Samurai's. I main Reaps but I originally mained BLM and then MCH and they just suck to play now.
Pretty much might drop it for RPR as my main job now until they bring it back to an optimal standing point.

My only saving grace is this is what he said on live stream:
"Depending on the response, NIN or SAM might be lumped into DRG for a huge adjustments coming 6.2"

Patch is up for download but servers are still down until maintenance is over

Dataminers have already discovered the best mount ever. If I had to guess it's probably a Store mount
SPOILER_unknown.png

Pod mount is only 300k MGP so everyone can easily afford it

Vinegaroon is 3200 Nuts, which I immediately bought before realizing I could also buy some upgrade mats to upgrade my Tome gear to 600. Whoops. Oh well, no rush lol

Edit: Damn, I wanted to use the Eat Pizza emote in my Adventurer Plate but the emote selection is very limited at the moment. It is a beta, after all...
It is very customizable, though!

Edit2: When you enter PvP monkaS
vcWDvco.jpg

I've never seen the entire hotbar get deleted like this lol there's usually like a handful of actions left. They really did overhaul PvP huh?

Edit3: Damn, Ninja is CRAZY in PvP right now. Wiped out an entire team with 5 chained limit breaks lol

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
They apparently overhauled Copperbelt Mines. New boss arenas and all bosses have revamped/new mechanics. Very nice quality of life improvement! No longer will you have to wait 5 min for bombs to blow up a slime.

Finally got around to playing the Alliance Raid last night. Loved it. So much death! Each fight seems to have a good amount of mechanics to deal with before they start looping, unlike the Nier raids which felt like they started looping at 65% boss health. This bodes well for the rest of the series.

As for MSQ... I'm really curious to see where we go from here. Will the Void be Endwalker's Adventurer Foray (aka Eureka, Bozja)? What's up with Golbez? And Zenos' Avatar lives!!

YukiOnna

Are people actually getting uncomfortable over the suggestive adventure plates? Have got to have the foresight of a donkey to not realize this was going to happen in a video game.

Are people actually getting uncomfortable over the suggestive adventure plates? Have got to have the foresight of a donkey to not realize this was going to happen in a video game.
I doubt anyone is actually uncomfortable with it, considering the slutglams you can make in this game. That said, it is another stark reminder of how immature some parts of the community can be. I just hope the devs don't make severe changes as a result of them, because I quite like how my portraits have turned out.

YukiOnna

I doubt anyone is actually uncomfortable with it, considering the slutglams you can make in this game. That said, it is another stark reminder of how immature some parts of the community can be. I just hope the devs don't make severe changes as a result of them, because I quite like how my portraits have turned out.
Might be because I frequent the subreddit so I see people asking to tone it down (futile effort). Rather than cracking down on it, I hope they give the option to just view a default portrait during PvP or something since that's where everyone sees them. They allow Balmung to exist so it would be unfair if everyone gets punished for it, yeah.

Might be because I frequent the subreddit so I see people asking to tone it down (futile effort). Rather than cracking down on it, I hope they give the option to just view a default portrait during PvP or something since that's where everyone sees them. They allow Balmung to exist so it would be unfair if everyone gets punished for it, yeah.
Eh, the ffxiv subreddit hasn't been a good indication of the playerbase in years. It's mostly hentai artists fishing for commissions these days lol. r/ffxivdiscussion is better, but it's still Reddit so YMMV

Anyway, it seems we might get another hotfix soon because the Lottery System is bugged. It includes "0" (aka no one) as a possible winner for lotteries, and some homes simply didn't record bids

Edit: SE is aware of the problem

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Just finished 6.1 MSQ!

Have no idea where this is going but man it was fun. Everyone has their own individual goals, and including our own. Excitement over uncharted territory adventure, which is much like Dragon Quest.

As for the more spoiler-y stuff... Did not expect Golbez and the four Elements(?) to make an appearance! Looks like he's a central figure for the time being in the story. Nor that we'd jump straight into learning more about the Void/13th Shard. But I guess this coming expansion will act as a set up so that we can visit other Shards at any point in future stories.

As for the last cutscene... Zenos' avatar lives! Didn't expect to get an answer on this right away but that explains why Yoshi-P was being coy!! I'm glad they won't relegate it to an Endwalker side novel.

EDIT: MrHappy brought up a good point Azdaja is probably Golbez' Shadow Dragon given it's always been with him and being trapped in the void for 5 millennia makes it highly possible...

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Dunno what they expected with all the thirsty catgirls taking up a majority of Eorzea's population. Eorzea lore runs deep and we all know that Miqote make like rabbits.

Been having a blast with Crystalline Conflict this weekend. The mayhem kinda reminds me of old 8v8 Feast. But I hope they don't take too long to fix up the bugs and make some balance changes, because WHM is actually broken right now with its incredibly fast LB buildup and exploitable Cure II stacks. And WAR's Primal Rend is a 2s stun every 15 seconds... that's way too short of a cooldown.

pls fix Yoshi-P

But anyway, I'm loving Ninja in PvP right now. If you see this portrait in Primal CC, you better do your best not to go below 50% health...
ekaA8Ez.jpg

Last edited:
slowly working through the 6.1 stuff. had not try the new push payload PvP yet but it does look fun and I would definitely give it a go even thou I usually don't touch PvP with a 10 yalm pole. I did end up finally doing the Shadowbringer optional quest for after you finished all the role quests, "Shadow Walk with Me" (the all jobs to 80 except RPR and SGE quest) and the subsequent quests. I know I'm LTTP and all, but it surprisingly (or maybe not so surprised) has some strong tie in with the current and maybe future stories. I would highly recommend folks who had not done that, or can't do it due to the requirement of having to level all jobs pass 80, to at least look up a video of that whole quest chain (if you don't mind the spoilers of course).

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I 100% expect that they are making an Ultimate for this particular trial and that is why they didn’t put forth all the effort they normally would. Any good ideas was relegated to that boss design (and these bosses start their designing process *years* before they are ready to be released).

YukiOnna

I 100% expect that they are making an Ultimate for this particular trial and that is why they didn’t put forth all the effort they normally would. Any good ideas was relegated to that boss design (and these bosses start their designing process *years* before they are ready to be released).
Yeah, you're probably right. They can do something really special with Endsinger Ultimate. That's why I'm hoping Shinryu is one of the upcoming Ultimate's cause the story shit from that to ES would be too cool.

Top Bottom