• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yeah, you're probably right. They can do something really special with Endsinger Ultimate. That's why I'm hoping Shinryu is one of the upcoming Ultimate's cause the story shit from that to ES would be too cool.

Yea, it would make sense combining Shrinyu and Endsinger Ultimates.

Lmao, I've been in a marketboard battle with a bunch of other people trying to sell the new Blue-Footed Booby minion for ~9m+ the past week. Someone completely crashed it down to 2m yesterday so I was like "whatever" and took it as a loss. Wake up this morning and all of the ~2m boobys sold, leaving my 9m alone for the taking... and someone actually bought it.

Shout out to the dude that crashed the market for no reason lol

Still far too many Frontlines wins to earn but that's entirely pot luck.
I miss the days when we were actually placed in our GCs. I used to have like a 70% Frontline winrate back then lol, now it's down to this:
xMt1qGS.jpg

Guess it's big enough that Yoshi-P had to comment on it.
But I like using the /squats emote on enemies...

Wish I thought of using fireworks after a kill though. Would finally have a use for them! Lol

Anyway, patch notes are up:

They actually made some PvP balance changes! A lot of us were worried that they were going to drag their feet on PvP nerfs, but I'm happy to see I was wrong and that they're taking PvP more seriously than before.

YukiOnna

I only care about the fight itself since that's the best part.

Seems everyone is in the same spot at this point after 14 hours and most are around King Thordan third combo of mechanics or when Nidhogg enters. No one's managed to save Haurchefant either I think.

EDIT:
Arthars party got past the eye phase and into the transition and time rewind Pretty sick. Looks like LB3 to save Haurch in the rewind.

Amazing Ultimate so far. Hats off to Mr Ozma.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Looks like no streaming group broke through to Phase 6. Arthars and Rin's group is really close to clearing P5 though so definitely when they start again.

That Death of the Heavens is bonkers.

YukiOnna

This is legit insane. The execution needs to be near flawless so it’s like RNG. Also the narrative arc is so cool lol.

If you don’t spare Thordan you are on the wrong timeline of Phase 6 and get fucked.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I am curious if it will be tuned down a bit, or if it has a gear cap that we won’t get for a few more patches.

I'm just glad that we have a legitimate race this time. TEA's world first clear was 3 days ahead of everyone else and that was, as the kids say, a little "sus"

YukiOnna

I am curious if it will be tuned down a bit, or if it has a gear cap that we won’t get for a few more patches.
I don't think they've ever nerfed an Ultimate yet? The ilvl increase barely helps I heard especially if it's a precision and constant dps check fight like this.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I don't think they've ever nerfed an Ultimate yet? The ilvl increase barely helps I heard especially if it's a precision and constant dps check fight like this.

True. However, haven't the previous Ultimates been released with the final patches of an expansion typically? Usually tuned to around that gear level.

Regardless, even if there is no nerf and gear plays very little a factor, I am glad to see a "World first" race that is as captivating as this. Been a long while since I saw an actually difficult challenge that can't be immediately beaten by no-life players.

YukiOnna

True. However, haven't the previous Ultimates been released with the final patches of an expansion typically? Usually tuned to around that gear level.

Regardless, even if there is no nerf and gear plays very little a factor, I am glad to see a "World first" race that is as captivating as this. Been a long while since I saw an actually difficult challenge that can't be immediately beaten by no-life players.
You're right. This was the first time it was delayed and that might change things going forward in how its approached. 6.3's Ultimate less so of course.

Yeah, it's been a lot of fun. From analyzing mechanics, to following the what if story.

They finally announced that DSR has been cleared on Twitter... but didn't mention any team names, likely because they didn't like the amount of mod usage in clear videos. For previous Ultimates, they've usually announced at least one of the winning teams after they confirmed it.

Because such races are unofficial, we usually limit our involvement to some comments after a number of teams have cleared the duty. By offering our congratulations via the official Twitter account and confirming time stamps, we want to recognize your achievements and contribute to community excitement. However, if our recognition encourages excessive competition and controversy to the extent that players resort to third-party tools, I regret to say we may have to reconsider making comments in the future.
They also issued another announcement regarding third-party tools:

Good news is that they're reviewing popular UI mods to see what they can implement officially. Personally, all I use are a Slidecast indicator (to signify when it's safe to start moving during Casting thanks to latency) as well as a debuff indicator on the enemy list (helpful when tanking).

And lastly, this bit...
Previously, when a major leak occurred prior to the release of Shadowbringers, we succeeded in identifying the culprit and took legal action.
RIP BluFever
sad wilfred mott GIF

For those that weren't around in Stormblood days, Blue Mage (among other early info, like Crystal Tower being important in ShB) was leaked by an insider called BluFever a few months prior to the surprise announcement where the SQEX CEO came out dressed as a BLU.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I've never used any plug-in and never will since I think content and such are doable without such plug-ins (unless of course you are disabled in some way but that goes without saying.) That said, if they had introduced accessibility features internally and into the game based on them, then I'll consider it- always been my stance on any game. Hopefully, they have nothing to do with parsing or dps meters in mind.

If that leaker was an internal one, then welp. They definitely got destroyed since that was an NDA broken, lol.

YukiOnna

Looks like they're actually banning people including WF members. Lot of people were thinking they wouldn't take any action.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Looks like they're actually banning people including WF members. Lot of people were thinking they wouldn't take any action.
It's probably because of the PvP cheaters that this came to fruition. I have to wonder if SE will have the balls to ban raiders and 90% of the big name streamers since they all have addons present in their content.

These people are going to have to stop playing the game like they play WoW and stop using mods.

But you know this is kinda of what I feared with the direction FFXIV is heading in with the simplification of gameplay, PvE feeling like shit and everything being dumbed down. And the whole "All third party tools are prohibited" is such a broad statement. To the point even Discord or even a peripheral can technically be considered a 3rd party tool. Such a ridiculous statement.

I feel like YoshiP and his team should get off their asses and research precisely what is acceptable and what isn't. Players making Cosmetic or UI changes should be fine but stuff like Cactbot, datamines, ACT, parsers clearly shouldn't be.

Or have a backbone and ban all mods and bring much needed changes in an update to customize UI and implement core system changes that make the game better overall.

They're handling this incredibly poorly. Why would any high-end streamer want to stream the next Ultimate if they're going to get banned for using a damn DPS meter or ACT callouts? Most of the fun that people had with the race was in Arthars' stream BECAUSE of his callouts lol. I also find it weird when people say that ACT callouts are cheating. It's no different from your raid leader making callouts, or even the "follow the dorito" EX strat since you don't have to actually think about mechanics. This whole thing is ridiculous lol.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Arthars said the only thing he used was ACT for DPS. The callouts he left because it was good interaction and his audience had fun with the memes. I didn't finish his recent stream in its entirety, but he thinks the JP Streamer and Neverland guy were banned due to all the other plug-ins they used related to the quicklauncher, etc other than ACT. Unfortunately, I'm not all that familiar with every plug-ins, but it's going to hurt future Ultimate streams.

No more RIBIDE or DAN DAN.

YukiOnna

Voluntary Honour System:

In patch 6.2 we plan to implement an NPC by which you may voluntarily return the deposit you were accidentally refunded.
As these housing lottery issues have been significant and caused great stress and frustration in many players, we have no intention of performing a data rollback to forcibly rescind any refunded gil. We will make an announcement regarding the voluntary return of housing deposits once the NPC in question is ready to be implemented.

In closing, I would like to thank you all once again for your patience and understanding this past month, and extend my deepest apologies for the trouble and inconvenience these issues have caused. We will do everything in our power to safely restore your data, fix any remaining issues, and bring you all a fair and functional housing lottery system. Thank you for your continued support.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished Endwalker. Man, those FEELS. After playing the game since ARR and now completing Endwalker I feel the same sense of closure that I felt after Marvel's End Game. It's that good.

Edit: Forgot to mention - that song "Close in the distance" nearly broke me. SO GOOD.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Spent some more time today doing the optional content in Endwalker like the Praetorium and other fights.
My ilvl is currently 575... how long would it take to get all ilvl 600 gear? (or at least close to it)

edit: also, just crossed the 400 hour mark. Lali-ho!

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Spent some more time today doing the optional content in Endwalker like the Praetorium and other fights.
My ilvl is currently 575... how long would it take to get all ilvl 600 gear? (or at least close to it)

edit: also, just crossed the 400 hour mark. Lali-ho!

Depends on luck and if you do Savages. It doesn’t take too long though.

Valonquar

Without doing savages just shy of 2 months to earn the weekly 450 tomes and a bunch of hunt trains or 24 man raids for the upgrade items. You're stuck with a 595 weapon from EX primal unless you do savage.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I completed Smileton earlier today and this music (Carrots of Happiness) puts a smile on my face every time I hear it. :messenger_sunglasses:
Any tips on making money besides doing the daily roulettes?

QMV41mP.jpg

Better late than never! I feel better after this clear. I am considering starting on the ultimates, but the videos seem really daunting. Also I'm not sure my marriage can stand the schedule necessary to prog lol.
Nice mount! What did you have to do to get it?

Also
I had the World of Darkness come up in my daily roulette and I had forgotten how gorgeous this place is. Knowing that we'll be going back and that it's the 13th reflection has me hyped for the upcoming expansion.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Currently griding the dead ends trying to get the Starbird minion… this may take a while

Last edited:

Valonquar

It took me over 80 runs with trusts to get that damn minion. The 3 Endwalker minions from the 87, 89 & 90 instances all have terrible drop rates.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Whew, it took me the whole afternoon but I climbed the ranks of the Twin Adders from the bottom to the top, then unlock all of the hunts from all of the hunt vendors from ARR to Endwalker. I was planning on doing some grinding tomorrow to make some money but doing all of this earned me the cash that I wanted.
Next I need to look into earning the nuts that I need for that shadowbringers forgiven reticence mount.

edit: Getting 3200 nuts is going to take forever it seems...

Edit: I’m at 495 nuts after grinding this morning so it may not take too long.

Last edited:
Lmao Yoshi-P had to issue a notice about the 6.11a Black Mage PvP buffs that EVERYONE thought were egregious
rs95e1pmrd191.jpg

I would like to emphasize that the black mage is experiencing no preferential treatment by being specially mentioned here
Jon Hamm Yes GIF

They're rolling the changes back in 6.15, which drops on June 7th, which is also when they're finally releasing the rest of the 6.1 patch like beast tribes and the Tataru stuff. Really wish they didn't pad the content out this way but alas...

Also, Make It Rain drops on June 3rd, which will probably also be the day that Megashibas take over Eorzea

Celcius

°Temp. member
What's the best / easiest way to get on a hunt train? Does the neogaf FC do hunt trains? I'm trying to farm nuts

YukiOnna

Lmao Yoshi-P had to issue a notice about the 6.11a Black Mage PvP buffs that EVERYONE thought were egregious
rs95e1pmrd191.jpg

Jon Hamm Yes GIF

They're rolling the changes back in 6.15, which drops on June 7th, which is also when they're finally releasing the rest of the 6.1 patch like beast tribes and the Tataru stuff. Really wish they didn't pad the content out this way but alas...

Also, Make It Rain drops on June 3rd, which will probably also be the day that Megashibas take over Eorzea
That man climbed to Crystal in all JP Data Centers with nothing but salt and introduced those balance adjustments. I'm convinced.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ugh, just finished attuning to all of the aether currents in the Endwalker areas. One was super tricky and took me like 20 minutes to find with a map lol. Don't know if I can be bothered to go back and do all the Shadowbringers areas....

Last edited:
Ugh, just finished attuning to all of the aether currents in the Endwalker areas. One was super tricky and took me like 20 minutes to find with a map lol. Don't know if I can be bothered to go back and do all the Shadowbringers areas....
The key is to pick up currents while you're going through MSQ, because they're usually located close to where MSQ takes you. Obviously that's too late now, but keep it in mind for next expansion

Celcius

°Temp. member
Jumping from hunt train to hunt train is fun! I mostly played by myself in the past but now I'm learning how the party finder and everything works lol.
Almost done doing all the aether currents in Shadowbringers... just one more area to go.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally got my Forgiven Reticence mount! Only took 3 days due to hopping from train to train and server to server doing hunts.
I'm really glad I got all the aether currents in EW and ShB, as being able to fly through zones was essential.
Now I just need to decide if I want to continue trying to get that Starbird minion or not, but I don't normally use minions so it's probably not worth the time...

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Finally got my Forgiven Reticence mount! Only took 3 days due to hopping from train to train and server to server doing hunts.
I'm really glad I got all the aether currents in EW and ShB, as being able to fly through zones was essential.
Now I just need to decide if I want to continue trying to get that Starbird minion or not, but I don't normally use minions so it's probably not worth the time...
Nice! The only Aether Current I don't have yet is Rak'tika, lol. Just can't feel arsed to do it.
I don't really minion farm since I never change from Fat Cat.

We got part 2 of the FFXI 20th Anniversary Interview with Yoshi-P saying this about jobs:
Job names are especially tough. (laughs wryly) After all, there’s no point if a job is similar to its namesake in name only; its gameplay experience needs to match their pre-established design too. At this point, I’m thinking we have no choice but to come up with brand new jobs that haven’t appeared in the FF series before.

I mean, there are still plenty of jobs they can still tap into from the series... but they have two problems: 1. they've limited their selection because they've phased out a bunch of job archetypes over the years (pet jobs, DoT jobs, and Time-related jobs, to name a few), and 2. they're running out of unique weapons for new jobs to utlize. Although, I guess they can just copy another Gundam weapon like they did with Sage...

All I know is that next expansion will definitely have a new Scouting job. Should be interesting to see what they come up with for that role. I expect it to use whips or nunchaku.

Top Bottom