• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Tevren

I believe upgrades & levels are saved no matter where you quit, but only floor progress can be saved after each boss.

Died to poison on floor 7 solo with a +2 weapon. When i went back in, weapon was base. I had thought they saved automatically as well.

oSoLucky

Died to poison on floor 7 solo with a +2 weapon. When i went back in, weapon was base. I had thought they saved automatically as well.

Nope, EVERYTHING resets. Died on floor 16 twice to slimes. Also, it seems to be about 1/3 of a level below 50 and 1/5 or so of a level above 50 for a 1-10 run(which takes like 20 minutes) with instant queues since comp doesn't matter. Good alternative to dungeon grinding on a DD IMO.

Ogawa-san

I've done 1-30 with two different characters (fine way to level chars, btw), 18/12 ish upgrades.

I'll keep going because I could use a 235 weapon, but for people that have gone further: does it ever stop feeling like 30min of trash clearing? It's not horribly fun.

And that 9min undispellable Pox debuff can go to hell.

oSoLucky

I've done 1-30 with two different characters (fine way to level chars, btw), 18/12 ish upgrades.

I'll keep going because I could use a 235 weapon, but for people that have gone further: does it ever stop feeling like 30min of trash clearing? It's not horribly fun.

From what I've read on Reddit, it gets more annoying at 40-50. There start to be waves of enemies and random ambushes when you start. A group finished 1-50 in 3 1/2 hours and the guy posting was 12/20, so it's going to take 2-3 full runs it seems =(.

Qvoth

i think they should really change so that DD only accepts the normal 4 man set up of 2 dps 1 tank 1 healer
or make it so that you can enter as a 4 person pt but still enter by matching party, because as of now if you enter as 4 man it's automatically designated as a fixed party

so entering PF DD parties are actually detriment to your progress unless it's 1-50 PF party, because everytime you make a new PF with new people, you're essentially creating a new fixed party, and the previous save data must be either deleted or changed into a matching party data

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

After doing 1-20 I have to agree with the above. I guess I was expecting something more exciting because of the roguelike nature of the dungeon. That, and parties without tanks make the boss fights really chaotic.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Finished Floor 50. Last boss is kinda hard.
Also that plot twist... NotLikeThis.

Overall, pretty fun content, this is what Diadem should've been like. Decent tome/exp output too, and you can very rarely get extra potsherds from chests so that's V materia right there.
Good job Yoshida, there's a lot of potential in here.

oSoLucky

Maybe make the party restrictions happen past a certain level or something? I think it's set up this way to reduce queue times. I did end up with either 2 tanks or 2 healers every one of my 6 runs but 1 so far, which was a standard 4 man party.

when it takes you 5 hours to reach level 40 and you find out that you have to start over from level 1 because your aether gear isn't strong enough

jeep_reaction.gif

Valor

Not sure how people don't find the dungeon crawl of PotD fun. The layouts are always random and the trash mobs eventually are way more formidable. There's also unstunnable enemies and things you almost have to interrupt like the damn owl's sleep move. There's a lot of fun to be had in PotD. Got to the last boss in DF and we wiped miserably after me and this other brave monk revived our dead allies so many times. New thing that sucks is one asshole thinking he's the best in the crew so he uses the damage up/defense ups as soon as you get them regardless of what floor you're on. Or Manticore clearing out trash floors like 47 or 48. So dumb.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Not sure how people don't find the dungeon crawl of PotD fun. The layouts are always random and the trash mobs eventually are way more formidable. There's also unstunnable enemies and things you almost have to interrupt like the damn owl's sleep move. There's a lot of fun to be had in PotD. Got to the last boss in DF and we wiped miserably after me and this other brave monk revived our dead allies so many times. New thing that sucks is one asshole thinking he's the best in the crew so he uses the damage up/defense ups as soon as you get them regardless of what floor you're on. Or Manticore clearing out trash floors like 47 or 48. So dumb.

It doesn't drop 245 weapons
It's not fun because it's not a dance
Boss dances aren't fun because reasons
The game is dead I'm going to play Legion prepatch

/s

Ogawa-san

Not sure how people don't find the dungeon crawl of PotD fun.
My main gripe with it so far: most of the difficulty comes from not having a healer.

Running as a non-healer, most of my groups didn't have one (and one of them had two). So you go around higher floors being all careful, pulling individually even with a tank or two, so you don't die because potions can only do so much. Especially if you're all melee since everything hits everyone most of the time. But if you had a healer you'd just pull the entire room and mow everything down like in a regular dungeon.

I really appreciate the instant queues on a dps job for a change, but I'd be doing it as a healer if I didn't need the exp. It'd make it easier and faster for everyone.

chris-013

My account need a "one-time password" and the app on my iPhone ask me a password... So, I must contact the customer support to disable the software token linked to my account ?

Thorgal

My account need a "one-time password" and the app on my iPhone ask me a password... So, I must contact the customer support to disable the software token linked to my account ?

what do you mean ?

if you where trying to install the token a password should have been sent to your email which you need to enter in the app .

if you want to remove it you either need to disable it on your SE account page or in case you no longer have acces to your phone or the app , you need to enter your emergency removal code of your token ( which is also on your account page .

If you have none of those , then yes you need to ask Customer support to remove the token from your account .

Squishy3

it asks for the one time password regardless if you have one enabled or not, if you never enabled it you don't need to input anything

Got Raff to 14% solo as WHM. Had 14 mins for the fight. Issue was I was spending too much MP healing and had to save enough mp to kill the adds (since they one shot with final sting). Was using HQ Hot Chocolate and HQ Max Ethers. I might try a zerg run to get through the areas ASAP to give myself more time, maybe that will work.

Edit: Just downed her. On to 21-30 solo.

WolvenOne

So some love, some hate, about what I expected. I'd probably love it, but it also sounds time consuming and I don't have a ton of time to spare at the moment. So while I have one or two days to poke at this, it probably won't be enough to re-activate auto-sub.

Oh well. *sigh* T_T

oSoLucky

Is the new dungeon a good way to level alts? And when I say alts, i mean like level 1 alts.

From what I saw on Reddit, a guy went from 6 to 8 in a run from floors 1 - 10, which takes about 20-25 minutes. Up to 50, it seems to be giving about 1/3 of a level each time(and maybe 1/5 after), so I would say wait a bit. You can get to 15 so fast that I would just do Hunt Log/FATES/Guildhests or whatever normal ways to level and then Adamantoise Tears/Roulette until 25-30 and then maybe start DD. Doesn't seem worth it for the time investment at low levels.

Maybesew

From what I saw on Reddit, a guy went from 6 to 8 in a run from floors 1 - 10, which takes about 20-25 minutes. Up to 50, it seems to be giving about 1/3 of a level each time(and maybe 1/5 after), so I would say wait a bit. You can get to 15 so fast that I would just do Hunt Log/FATES/Guildhests or whatever normal ways to level and then Adamantoise Tears/Roulette until 25-30 and then maybe start DD. Doesn't seem worth it for the time investment at low levels.

Thanks that seems pretty reasonable

Figured I'd be soloing this content so I regeared my Summoner and went in. Had a lvl 3 Fire sprite spawn moments after I entered and died.

Second attempt, took my time but realized I have a time limit and made it to floor 10 with less than 20 mins. Boss cut through Titan like butter and even though I managed to resummon him it takes a while before getting hate. He lasts a few moments even with sustain on.

Might try again tomorrow night, but I'm a bit bummed out right now.

EDIT: Okay, I'm a dunce... since it was so long since I touched Summoner I forgot you need to reapply sustain every few seconds. It also helped that this time I was level 21 when attempting the boss. Didn't have to use the succubus item, soloed it down. Actually starting to like this job again, I wonder if I might learn how to use it post 50. Titan can survive a final sting, but next of course are the slimes... but i'll try tomorrow. Going to keep my first slot for solo until I get my weapons. Second slot will go for a very iffy static with my friend who doesn't always come online but wants a 235 for his ninja. I think two Summoners might wreck the place.

Omnicent

man got a room with those wandering ghost guys and then a trap that spawned more of them. Got paralysed and well... RIP.

I fear for floors 101-200. shits going to be crazy

I hope they let us start every 50 floors or something. Because hitting something like floor 100 then having to restart all teh way at one due to crappy gear chests would really suck.

WolvenOne

It just figures, I get home and a major power outage affecting 56K homes hits. Now I don't actually have time to play this evening, lovely. XD

Hopefully I can sneak in time to play tomorrow, which I think is the last day of my sub. Kinda wish I could get just one more week of sub-time, but of course it doesn't work that way. *shrug*

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
It just figures, I get home and a major power outage affecting 56K homes hits. Now I don't actually have time to play this evening, lovely. XD

Hopefully I can sneak in time to play tomorrow, which I think is the last day of my sub. Kinda wish I could get just one more week of sub-time, but of course it doesn't work that way. *shrug*
What about the novel you've been working on? You uh making progress there pal?

Omni

Beat PotD. We must have been at it HOURS. Wiped four times in levels 41-50 (had two randoms with us who were dead 90% of the runs). I have to say, doing those final levels without a healer is a pain in the arse. Cleared the final boss with three people dead and our DRG on like 10% health (who'd have thought)

My eyes are literally just o.o right now

I've got my dark knight to 40 and while I still dont have all the skills, warrior is still my favourite tank and the best tank, imo.

On a side note, Palace of the dead was fun. Err, dunno if I will keep progressing on my blm though. The stats on the weapon are disgusting.

Beat PotD. We must have been at it HOURS. Wiped four times in levels 41-50 (had two randoms with us who were dead 90% of the runs). I have to say, doing those final levels without a healer is a pain in the arse. Cleared the final boss with three people dead and our DRG on like 10% health (who'd have thought)

My eyes are literally just o.o right now

Funny, I was a DRG and managed to save my group at the last second.

I had two healers in my party though.

Lucifon

Not sure if already mentioned but they're running a free login campaign from the 25th

Free login campaign period from July 25 to August 30: five days of play time for inactive accounts.

The milestone coincides with today’s release of Patch 3.35 and the announcement of a free login campaign period that will run globally from July 25 at midnight PDT to August 30 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. The latter offers lapsed players up to five full days to explore the game’s wealth of new content, and will be available to players registered for a service account that has not been active for 30 or more days before the campaign period.

http://gematsu.com/2016/07/final-fantasy-xiv-tops-six-million-cumulative-players

Valor

Running as a non-healer, most of my groups didn't have one (and one of them had two). So you go around higher floors being all careful, pulling individually even with a tank or two, so you don't die because potions can only do so much. Especially if you're all melee since everything hits everyone most of the time. But if you had a healer you'd just pull the entire room and mow everything down like in a regular dungeon.
Oh man, it's funny because I find it way way way more fun when there's no healer around. Managing potions, managing pulls, picking the right targets that I can solo on monk, knowing the best way to use the skills and Pomanders to help tip the scales in your favor.

Love all of that. My first clear of 50 was with two other dps and a tank. It was great!

Deep Dungeon is also good for trying out the level 60 skill set of a job (if you have it leveled to at least 30 to unlock the job).

Did they add anything other than Dungeon Deeps this patch?

Squishy3

I leveled my SMN to 58 in Deep Dungeon but it kept all the abilities unlocked on your hotbar so they're just sitting there taunting me now

Also 252k for 1-10 at 55, 352k for 11-20. Seems it starts at 11% of your current level as the exp reward and then increases by 2% for each set of floors?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
As I'm still trying to figure out this DD thing, is there any way to lose the gained aetherpool levels, beyond failing to end a 10 floor run? Like, say I have +10 on both, and I fail a run. Does it wipe all of that out?

If I changed jobs and went in as something else, does that reset those back to 0?

As I'm still trying to figure out this DD thing, is there any way to lose the gained aetherpool levels, beyond failing to end a 10 floor run? Like, say I have +10 on both, and I fail a run. Does it wipe all of that out?

If I changed jobs and went in as something else, does that reset those back to 0?

Aetherpool stuff is shared between all jobs.

If you get upgrades and don't save at the end of the run because you died then you lose whatever you gained during that run.

At Aetherpool Arms/Armor level 30 you can trade it in for a i235 weapon then it gets reset to 0 again I think.

Top Bottom