• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Wilsongt

Just over a month after starting them, I got a bunch of crafters + 2 gatherers to 50. Winner winner!
JWWWPyQ.png

Now I have to stomach going back and doing the remaining 3 crafters. RIP my inventory/armory/retainer slots. I've also heard meh things about crafting in Heavensward so we'll see how it goes above 50.

Turns out crafting is actually fun. I've been running around crafting better gear for FC members and random low level crafters I see in towns o/

On the other hand I took one look at the new event and the grinding involved and noped straight out.

If there are any high-level crafters in your fc, have them powerlevel those jobs to 50. The mats at this point are easy to get and hqing the items is super easy.

Sifl

The day when nobody in a PotD party walks into a trap with Sight enabled will be a joyous day indeed. Forget A4S, it's too hard for the players to not step onto a bright red tile right there on the floor.
I purposely step on all the toad traps.

Jaeyden

Ran 41-50 last night 4 times because I'd start with 29/28 and no matter what always finished Edda with 30/29. Finally said fuck it and decided I would just run 1-50 again today to finish...got my last upgrade from a chest in 1-10. Thank you RNGesus. lol

Sifl

Anyone ever had this happen to them?

I was qued for void ark, eventually one in progress popped and I clicked join. Screen goes into the loading black screen, then I appear right where I was standing when when popped, with it canceled.

Village

I chose ninja

Because ninjas

Before i continue my journey, are there any super nesscicary other class/job abilities that are super beneficiary

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Just over a month after starting them, I got a bunch of crafters + 2 gatherers to 50. Winner winner!
JWWWPyQ.png

Now I have to stomach going back and doing the remaining 3 crafters. RIP my inventory/armory/retainer slots. I've also heard meh things about crafting in Heavensward so we'll see how it goes above 50.

Turns out crafting is actually fun. I've been running around crafting better gear for FC members and random low level crafters I see in towns \o/

On the other hand I took one look at the new event and the grinding involved and noped straight out.

Alchemy and Culinary were my least favorite to level. Coming back after a while, but having them all at 50 has reminded me how much of a pain they are with their long listed recipes. I'm just leveling them via moogle quests and daily turn ins.

Talaysen

Anyone ever had this happen to them?

I was qued for void ark, eventually one in progress popped and I clicked join. Screen goes into the loading black screen, then I appear right where I was standing when when popped, with it canceled.

This happens if they vote abandon before you load in.

dramatis

Is doing collectables the fastest way to leveling gathering after 50?
Yes.

The best thing about them is that the collectable harvesting points pop every half hour instead of every hour. If you're looking to go for a long stretch just leveling, you can do leves in between gathering collectables.

Valor

It's telling how they design tank armor when those are the finalists. So gross. Only like two plate mail entries this is a travesty I demand a refund.

Most of those armors feel like they should be for other jobs, not tanks.

There's even obvious RDM gear there, they even have rapiers for fuck's sake.

They need some mecha inspired Tank armor like in Monster Hunter.

At least a set that has transformable parts and glowing limiter released things that expand when you draw your weapon.

Top Bottom