• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Information Thread | PC Open Beta... yeah it's not really open.

jsrv

So do they e-mail you the PS3 code after registering FF13, or is the members site supposed to spit something out after inputting the code?

Teknoman

jsrv said:
So do they e-mail you the PS3 code after registering FF13, or is the members site supposed to spit something out after inputting the code?

Looks like they just send you the email.

EDIT: Well I just reapplied to the PC beta making sure everything was linked correctly. Guess that wont have an effect on the 2 extra chances since it still uses the same email/S-E ID.

Teknoman

hitsugi said:
gotta wonder if it's a guaranteed key or if it's just a lotto chance at one.

Kinda vague on that: Says its a chance, but then again i'm not sure if the app will accept a PS3 entry without the code.

Estival

Teknoman said:
Kinda vague on that: Says its a chance, but then again i'm not sure if the app will accept a PS3 entry without the code.
It doesn't...comes up with this error:
2VeX

Jbird34

Pai Pai Master said:
Hmm. I don't wanna give it a shot. :lol I'll ask a GM or something once alpha starts.

Just pass the PC beta on to me and take a shot at the PS3, I am confident you will get in :lol

Salaadin

What if we use the same name but different emails and different addresses to sign up for both betas...

I might just try that. I just need to convince myself to buy FFXIV.

DR2K

Banned
LeMaximilian said:
Not gonna lie, FFXIII is pretty disappointing so far....I can really use a traditional FF game, and XIV would fit that pretty damn well. Signed up for the FFXIcyclopedia account with my regular email, or did we have to use our in-game POL email?

How is an MMORPG traditional?

Teknoman

Super edit: Yup, read what another person's campaign card said, the code is only required for PS3 beta, does nothing for PC beta, and can give the secret item on either version for retail.

Your previous application, yes...but what if you've already been accepted? I doubt they'd kick me out of the beta...I'll just shoot them an email some time between now and Thursday.

Teknoman

Pai Pai Master said:
Your previous application, yes...but what if you've already been accepted? I doubt they'd kick me out of the beta...I'll just shoot them an email some time between now and Thursday.

I'd just give it a shot once you have the client and username/password set up.

I signed up for the PC beta on the first day it was available... will it disqualify me if I use the code from XIII, because it does say entering more than once can get you eliminated?

jiggle

Big Papa Husker said:
I signed up for the PC beta on the first day it was available... will it disqualify me if I use the code from XIII, because it does say entering more than once can get you eliminated?

the latest application overwrites your previous one
so yes you can apply again

Teknoman

Big Papa Husker said:

Entering more than once elimination is gone now. All they'll do is count the last app you sent in, so whatever you submit overwrites the previous one. It shouldnt disqualify you, but I dont think it'll help with the PC beta.

Teknoman said:
Entering more than once elimination is gone now. All they'll do is count the last app you sent in, so whatever you submit overwrites the previous one. It shouldnt disqualify you, but I dont think it'll help with the PC beta.

Oh ok. The question now is, can you have an app for both PC and PS3?

Also, is there anyway to tell whether or not you have signed up already (on PC)?

Teknoman

Big Papa Husker said:
Oh ok. The question now is, can you have an app for both PC and PS3?

Also, is there anyway to tell whether or not you have signed up already (on PC)?

No and no. The only thing there is to do is to resubmit the app. Sure the old one will be overwritten, but they'll still have your same old email address/S-E ID on the list.

Kagari said:
I hope we get more info out of GDC.

When was GDC again?

Does anyone know how much per month this game will be?

I'm more excited about this than FFXIII. It feels more like Final Fantasy to me. Hope it's alright to say that.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Does anyone know how much per month this game will be?

I'm more excited about this than FFXIII. It feels more like Final Fantasy to me. Hope it's alright to say that.

They haven't said yet. I'd guess $14.95 like every other MMO these days.

Pai Pai Master said:
They haven't said yet. I'd guess $14.95 like every other MMO these days.

FFXI is $13/mo. without any extra chars, right? Hoping they'll do that again. $15 is a little high in my opinion, but maybe that's just because I'm so used to ffxi.

Ikkarus

I registered my game on the their members website, got the promotional code then once I filled out the beta registration form for XIV it tells me the code they emailed me is incorrect or has already been used. :/

That's not good. :(

EU by the way.

Mileena

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
I'd hit that.

Or a lifetime subscription like other MMOs have been doing recently. Had they offered that for FFXI I'd have paid in a heartbeat.
IMO it's better FFXI doesn't have that because then I'd still be playing. I love that game but I can't play it, takes too much time.

That said, FF14 is my most anticipated game of the year :D

gillty

Banned
HappyBivouac said:
FFXI is $13/mo. without any extra chars, right? Hoping they'll do that again. $15 is a little high in my opinion, but maybe that's just because I'm so used to ffxi.
$15 would likely include a few extra character slots

Nakazato said:
OMG HELP

my promo code isnt WORKING HELP ME PLZ !!!

Enter it manually if you're talking about the PS3 code, it will NOT work if you copy/paste, even if you remove spaces after pasting.

Ikkarus said:
I registered my game on the their members website, got the promotional code then once I filled out the beta registration form for XIV it tells me the code they emailed me is incorrect or has already been used. :/

That's not good. :(

EU by the way.

Enter it manually, as I said even if you remove the spaces after copy/pasting it WON'T work.

Jinko

Pai Pai Master said:

I'm guessing because you got into the PC beta they won't let you into the PS3 beta, I doubt the PS3 beta is for a while anyway.

DodgerSan

Nakazato said:
got it to work :D it was cutting off the last 4 digits :lol :lol :lol

:(

Yep, I had the same prob when I copy/pasted from the email.

You have to enter it with no spaces.

Why couldn't they send it like that? /mysteries of the universe

Nakazato

DodgerSan said:
Yep, I had the same prob when I copy/pasted from the email.

You have to enter it with no spaces.

Why couldn't they send it like that? /mysteries of the universe
casue it made to much sense

Caffer

Neo Member
wtf!!!i registered my european copy 12 hours ago and no mail yet...nooo i want it!!:(

is there anyone not interested in the ps3 beta willing to give away his FFXIII registration code?:D

Replicant

It's freaking annoying that the username you use for Square Enix Member site is not automatically working for Square Enix ID site. Also, the later site requires you to pick password that is at least 8 characters long and must be a combination of numbers and alphabets. I hate that.

Top Bottom