• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
So I went to uninstall the game from my computer. Then I go to look if it's still there after uninstalling and sure enough the beta version didn't get deleted.

...fuggin hate computers.

DrDogg

- FFXIV Open Beta: Uninstall
- FFXIII Code: Registered
- Patches: Downloaded (Gromph rocks! Thank you!)
- Real Work: Will probably still be working well into tomorrow and maybe Thursday, but after that it's FFXIV 24/7

Now all I need is the actual game.

Also, I can be a sackholder if need be. I was a SH for most of my FFXI linkshells and I plan to play the game quite a bit until at least the PS3 version hits. Paid beta FTW! :lol

DrDogg - Doctor Dogg - Lindblum - Ul'dah

I will be on tomorrow morning no matter what (PST). I'll probably log off around noon to get some work done, but I'll be back tomorrow night again.

DrDogg

I just called the GameStop I pre-ordered from and they have them in the building. The clerk is going to call a few other stores to see if they're allowed to sell them to me now. Any suggestions on convincing him to do so in case he tells me no? :lol

Salaadin

DrDogg said:
I just called the GameStop I pre-ordered from and they have them in the building. The clerk is going to call a few other stores to see if they're allowed to sell them to me now. Any suggestions on convincing him to do so in case he tells me no? :lol

Sex, money. In that order.

zlatko

Banned
Okay, so I bought 1,000 crysta jumping through these new hoops SE has set up for us monkeys to get through. (Seriously... I am finally getting why the Japanese devs keep saying they are over 5 years behind the western devs...shit like this is so idiotic)

I am trying to uninstall the beta, but it looks like I'll have to manually delete all the folders it made, since Windows seems to think me clicking uninstall from programs means keep it on my computer.

The game should show up tomorrow and I'm just wondering if I'm set. I do have that FF13 code I believe I registered. How can I check if it's set up and where will we have to put in the new ones tomorrow ?

careksims

I did the Buy and Click and it went smoothly. Not even a call from the bank. I like my bank :D . My order is shipping soon. I just know I won't get it til the afternoon tomorrow.

It's not there's a race since there's fatigue :/

Oh Jinko, you're good at giving our LS pearls. Hopefully some of you with the pearls can stay in town for a day. Hate that you can't mail them to people.

Salaadin

zlatko said:
Okay, so I bought 1,000 crysta jumping through these new hoops SE has set up for us monkeys to get through. (Seriously... I am finally getting why the Jap devs keep saying they are over 5 years behind the western devs...shit like this is so idiotic)

I am trying to uninstall the beta, but it looks like I'll have to manually delete all the folders it made, since Windows seems to think me clicking uninstall from programs means keep it on my computer.

The game should show up tomorrow and I'm just wondering if I'm set. I do have that FF13 code I believe I registered. How can I check if it's set up and where will we have to put in the new ones tomorrow ?

Do not delete the folders in your "My Documents" since that holds your character creation info if you want to keep that for retail.

As for the XIII code, Login and go here:http://member.square-enix.com/na/features/ff13/serialcode/ps3.php
That will display your code.

To register the in game item to your SE ID, Login https://secure.square-enix.com/account/
and goto Select Service > FFXIV > Add a Service Account > Type in Code > and then confirm a couple of times.

Jbird34

DrDogg said:

When I paid off my preorder yesterday at my local GS they said "oh they will be in tomorrow but you can't pick it up until Wed" FUUUUU

Cathcart

Salaadin said:
User Interface
Q. Will I be able to keep the actions set to my action bars when I change classes?
A. Beginning with the launch of game service, action bars will no longer reset when players change classes. Actions that can no longer be used once a class change is made will simply not consume action points. In this manner, players will no longer find themselves without sufficient action points to equip the actions they desire when changing from, for example, a miner to a gladiator. In addition, by employing user-defined macros, players can change their class, equipped gear, and actions simultaneously.

OK, wtf does that even mean. Let's say I'm an archer and I have 8 abilities on my bar. Then I switch to Conjurer and have 8 completely different abilities on my bar. Now I switch back to archer. What's on the bar? Is it the 8 abilities I had at the start of the story when I was an archer or is it some weird bullshit where it keeps some of the stuff I had as a conjurer because it works cross class? The wording of this is just confusing.

Jbird34

Cathcart said:
OK, wtf does that even mean. Let's say I'm an archer and I have 8 abilities on my bar. Then I switch to Conjurer and have 8 completely different abilities on my bar. Now I switch back to archer. What's on the bar? Is it the 8 abilities I had at the start of the story when I was an archer or is it some weird bullshit where it keeps some of the stuff I had as a conjurer because it works cross class? The wording of this is just confusing.

Probably this

Jinko

Cathcart said:

I can't help but think it will be the later :\

I think macros will be the best way about switching classes and actions still, kind of annoying there is only 9 lines in the macro though and it takes 20 seconds to go through it all.

Hopefully WindowerXIV will have a better macro system in a few weeks.

Jinko said:

I think macros will be the best way about switching classes and actions still.

Yea this is stupid.

The action bar should be tied to your primary weapon.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Question about crafting and those crafting guildmark rewards.

You don't need to buy them first in order to make stuff, right? They just improve your success with that stuff, right?

For example, as a blacksmith, can I do smelting synths without having purchased the "smelting training" guildmark reward first?

Rentahamster said:
Question about crafting and those crafting guildmark rewards.

You don't need to buy them first in order to make stuff, right? They just improve your success with that stuff, right?

For example, as a blacksmith, can I do smelting synths without having purchased the "smelting training" guildmark reward first?

All you have to do to synth is equip the weapons and open your menu.

zlatko

Banned
Salaadin said:
Do not delete the folders in your "My Documents" since that holds your character creation info if you want to keep that for retail.

As for the XIII code, Login and go here:http://member.square-enix.com/na/features/ff13/serialcode/ps3.php
That will display your code.

To register the in game item to your SE ID, Login https://secure.square-enix.com/account/
and goto Select Service > FFXIV > Add a Service Account > Type in Code > and then confirm a couple of times.

Okay so I can delete Program Files X86 Square Enix Folders contents, but keep the documents, my games, FF14 open beta ?

Can I just leave them all on there or do I run the risk of getting install errors? I have tons of space left on my PC so it's not a big deal if it just sits there never to be used.

Thanks for the link I got the code from the first link and put it in at square enix ID member site so I should be set for my asuran armguards. :)

Jinko

Rentahamster said:

Seems to by this, although I dont' know of anyone who has got the training manuals yet.

Salaadin

zlatko said:
Okay so I can delete Program Files X86 Square Enix Folders contents, but keep the documents, my games, FF14 open beta ?

Can I just leave them all on there or do I run the risk of getting install errors? I have tons of space left on my PC so it's not a big deal if it just sits there never to be used.

Thanks for the link I got the code from the first link and put it in at square enix ID member site so I should be set for my asuran armguards. :)

Square Enix set up the Beta uninstaller to only uninstall the items from Program Files and not My Documents. I had the same issue as you where the uninstaller didnt really uninstall anything so I went in and manually deleted the FFXIV folder under Program Files. I dont know why it did this but Im guessing its because I replaced the originals with Gromphs download.

SE did say that you run the risk of errors if you leave the Beta installed.

Rentahamster said:
So what do the guildmark rewards do? Just increase your success rate with that particular synth?

Some help some synths probably, some will maybe help in HQ, some will increase a bold synth, we really don't know.

But if you equip the weapon you can synth.

notworksafe

So wait...maybe I am not understanding correctly but I had a question. Is Square making people buy crysta to access their free month of gametime? Seems shady.

DrDogg

So... the Game Stop clerk said that, "anyone who is caught with the game before midnight will be banned from playing". :lol

I <3 Game Stop ignorance...

Looks like I won't be getting my game until tomorrow morning since GS is being dumb.

desa said:
Has it been stated that character customization is more expansive than what was in beta?

Yes, they did state that they're adding more customizations. I don't recall where I read it, but I'm positive SE stated there would be additions for the retail release.

Salaadin

DrDogg said:
So... the Game Stop clerk said that, "anyone who is caught with the game before midnight will be banned from playing". :lol

I <3 Game Stop ignorance...

Looks like I won't be getting my game until tomorrow morning since GS is being dumb.

:lol Thats awesome

Jinko

notworksafe said:
So wait...maybe I am not understanding correctly but I had a question. Is Square making people buy crysta to access their free month of gametime? Seems shady.

I hope not. :S

Zomba13

I think I'll stay up tonight to play some. I take it I'll need to enter some form of payment info to be able to play? I mean that is how it usually works. I just wish SE made things easy like FFXI and not harder for no reason. If I buy Crysta I run into the 360/wii/bioware points problem of having left overs and paying more for what I want and if I use click and buy I have to give my details to something I've never heard of and could possibly not accept my card =/

Paypal can only be used for crysta right? Or can it be used to buy x amount of game time?

notworksafe

Jinko said:
I hope not. :S
Yeah that would be lame on Square's part. I was just wondering why everyone is already buying Crysta now.

Also the Crysta buying itself makes little sense:

ORNQ0.png

So I would have to make two Crysta purchases (1000 and 500) to play without wasting more money by just buying the 2000 Crysta pack? Very odd.

EDIT: Also it seems you can use Paypal to buy Crysta but not to just pay SQE directly? Is this true?

Londa

Banned
DrDogg said:

Gamestop is like the worse place to get any type of gaming suggestions or news. They only know old news and have no idea what to suggest except what is on their best sellers list.

Excko

Was anyone able to register their FF XIII Code? And if you managed to register it, did you register FF XIV first?

Thanks

Cathcart

Rentahamster said:
So what do the guildmark rewards do? Just increase your success rate with that particular synth?

Definitely. I was able to craft some things that required one of those trainings but I noticed my success rate was a lot lower with them.

Also I noticed there were some items where it was a woodworking synth but it would tell me "Your leatherworking skill is too low" but it still let me do the craft and I still succeeded. I think crafts are going to be just like the fighting jobs, you really can't just level one of them. You'll want to level 2 or 3 to combine some of the skills and training. Possibly you won't need all 3 to 50 but you'll probably need a couple skills to 20 or 30 before you can get one to 50. At least, that's my theory.

Salaadin

Excko said:
Was anyone able to register their FF XIII Code? And if you managed to register it, did you register FF XIV first?

Thanks

I was able to register mine but I didnt register XIV first so Im a little worried now. I guess I find out what happens tomorrow.

Cathcart

Jinko said:
Yeah, that's what I thought. It is such a ridiculous answer. Like how do they think that helps anyone?

I think macros will be the best way about switching classes and actions still, kind of annoying there is only 9 lines in the macro though and it takes 20 seconds to go through it all.

Hopefully WindowerXIV will have a better macro system in a few weeks.
I'd be OK with macros if they didn't take a minute and a half to run. Switching out gear and ability buttons one at a time is lame.

Oh well, that's easily my least favorite thing about the game. I shouldn't sound so down on it, I'm actually pretty psyched for tomorrow :D

Jinko

notworksafe said:
Yeah that would be lame on Square's part. I was just wondering why everyone is already buying Crysta now.

So I would have to make two Crysta purchases (1000 and 500) to play without wasting more money by just buying the 2000 Crysta pack? Very odd.

EDIT: Also it seems you can use Paypal to buy Crysta but not to just pay SQE directly? Is this true?

It's very bizarre indeed, but what else do you expect from SE.

Any normal dev would allow the option to buy the exact amount of crysta you would need to pay your subscription.

I hate companies like MS that bullshit you into buying more points than you need.

I'm just going to pay using credit card for each month. If I one day decide to stop playing and see that I have just a little under the Crysta cost limit for a month it will probably make it harder to quit and I'll end up buying more Crysta.

tenderoni

Neo Member
From what I gather, you won't be wasting money if you over buy Chrysta. I think it would just go towards the following months fees. Like you could buy $100 in Chrysta now and they will be deduced every month until you run out of Chrysta. Am I wrong? I'm not sure why people think you would be over paying or loose any unused Chrysta.

zlatko

Banned
notworksafe said:

ORNQ0.png

I thought a month of 14 cost 999 crysta? I only bought 1,000.

Again, like I said earlier, this is the most half assed idiotic thing coming from Japanese developers in a long time. Get with the damn program if this is your job for god sakes Square. It's 2010 and I feel like I'm running the gambit of something that belongs in 1996 ffs.

Salaadin

Excko said:
Humm. That`s odd. i can`t register mine. It says I have an invalid code...

What code are you using? The one that came with FFXIII or the one that you got after registering FFXIII on the website?

zlatko

Banned
notworksafe said:
The subscription costs 999. But you have to pay 300 Crysta for each character you have. That includes the one "free" character. So 1299 Crysta per month.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/envi/envi04.html

I want to throw my keyboard at the wall now. Why is 500 even a god damn option? Just leave it at 1500 and up.

Now I have to buy an extra 500 for a second CC charge. Not to be a rager on the net, but if I EVER met the person behind this crap from SE in real life I would not hesitate to beat him senseless with his own shoes.

I just realized with this method that they made the monthly fee 15 dollars instead of the original promised 12.99.

Can we sue for blatant bull shit lying?

If those of you getting theirs early would be so kind as to wait till tomorrow I'll make the ls asap. Please do not jump the gun and tie up the name.

notworksafe

You can also use Crysta to buy in game items. I read something about them using a model where in game items would be added at some point, so that is probably the idea behind the 500 Crysta amount.

EDIT: Here it is...

Wada went on to outline the subscription and microtransaction models that FFXIV will employ, adding the company is looking to improve on the Final Fantasy XI system.

“The basic model hasn't changed,” he said. “It's a monthly flat rate service with additional charges for items that users want to buy.
http://www.develop-online.net/news/33514/Final-Fantasy-XIV-a-serious-WoW-rival-says-Wada

Another interesting quote from that article...
Asked if he thought Final Fantasy XIV was a serious rival to World of Warcraft’s throne, Wada said “yes, but the flipside is that they are a tough competition.”

zlatko

Banned
notworksafe said:
You can also use Crysta to buy in game items. I read something about them using a model where in game items would be added at some point, so that is probably the idea behind the 500 Crysta amount.

Even if that's the case later on right now all I see is $$$ signs on ways to lie to the consumer to tell them it's 12.99 a month to play, but in reality it's 15 dollars because you can't buy 1299 crysta.

Edit: To add to the worry about the FF13 item code---don't fret. All those codes you enter will be tied to your SE member account. Remember you log into FF14 with your SE member account ID. So tomorrow when you register your game, and other pre order items, then make your character, the items will be linked to the ID you log into.

So you're good to go. :)

Cathcart

notworksafe said:

Oh lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom