• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers rated for Xbox

CyberPanda

Banned
There has been a long talk about the relationship between Square Enix and Xbox. It seems that things are improving and we have already seen some moves on the part of the Japanese to accelerate their franchises. Also we have recently received almost all Final Fantasy Classics that were on PlayStation and PC, but not in the American machine.

And of Final Fantasy we want to continue talking because after several winks between both companies it seems that the delivery number XIV could end up arriving at the console of the ones of Redmond. Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers on Xbox One

We know it thanks to the Brazilian classification system, my partner Pedro has inquired and has discovered that the Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers was rated for Xbox on March 28 this year. In fact it was something that married the words of Naoki Yoshida.

We are talking to Nintendo, Microsoft and Google, but we can not say anything at the moment because we are still negotiating, but once we have all the details necessary to make an announcement, we will share it.

Of course, none of this confirms the arrival of Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers to Xbox, but it seems a good indication.

F76-DDD63-421-C-4-F34-8503-A0-C327-F109-BE.jpg

https://translate.googleusercontent...700253&usg=ALkJrhioypRW34B3koZW5QzdFhFt9KSkmA

Shin

Banned
That's a late 180 by Microsoft, SE has been pointing fingers in their direction for years for being the roadblock.
Better late than never I guess and while I'm sure it will look great or identical to the PC it's a game where keyboard/mouse reigns supreme IMO.
At least if you're social and going to type a lot as the game has a really nice joypad implementation, the game is highly recommended for any MMO fan.

Here's some source material CyberPanda CyberPanda
https://powerup-gaming.com/2019/04/03/final-fantasy-14-shadowbringers-rated-for-xbox-one-in-brazil/ https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/06/final-fantasy-14s-director-says-theres-still-so-much-more-to-do/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjRfm9OgbZA

Last edited:

Endokin

Neo Member
You think the keyboard/mouse is supreme, really? An honest question. I always assume it's better across the board for most PC games, but I feel overall this game nailed the joypad and is meant to play with controller. Alas though, I haven't heavily played an mmo on PC with mouse/kb since Aion, so now I'm just too attached to the controller.

PS4 already limits FFXIV a lot technically. The game is very outdated due to its PS3 bound legacy and its so evident in the amount of loading screens and small zones. FFXIV is a really good game, but fuck man. Being console bound was always an ankle brace for the title. The game is massively popular though. I think it's speculated to be close to WoW now (or maybe has surpassed it).

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
You think the keyboard/mouse is supreme, really? An honest question. I always assume it's better across the board for most PC games, but I feel overall this game nailed the joypad and is meant to play with controller. Alas though, I haven't heavily played an mmo on PC with mouse/kb since Aion, so now I'm just too attached to the controller.
Hehe Asmo or Elyos?
Yea there's just too many keys/skills/features in FF14 that even with the combination (unless you're used to it) it doesn't seem great.
My ex used to play it on PS3 then PS4, I played it on my laptop like 1 meter away and noticed that differences (in-game as well during raid and not just her).
Not sure if I can explain it well, it's joypad support is a lot greater than most games and gets the job done but to truly enjoy the game IMO KB/Mouse is advisable.
But then again MS is working with Razer for a KB/Mouse setup for Xbox, no?

Aren117

is meant to play with controller.

I mean, if you are just a DPS, it's fine. Or if you want to abuse macros...

But as a WHM main, playing with a gamepad was a really shitty experience. At least if you want to be decent for the group, instead of just spamming Cure on tank....

Endokin

Neo Member
Yeah they are, I believe the Razor KB/Mouse was just unveiled actually. That does make sense, I guess playing the game as monk main, I have a different view, the controller makes me feel like im playing a fighting game really. In the end just a matter of opinion though. And Asmo!!! I absolutely loved the PvP in that game!

Shin

Banned
I guess playing the game as monk main, I have a different view, the controller makes me feel like im playing a fighting game really. In the end just a matter of opinion though. And Asmo!!!
Haha I understand what you're saying as Monk was my main (retired from the game years ago).
Also played as Asmo last time I did play, forgot which server it was (the one Clarity was on).

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but Heavensward was previously rated for the XB360 and nothing ever came of that.

Psykodad

Banned
I mean, if you are just a DPS, it's fine. Or if you want to abuse macros...

But as a WHM main, playing with a gamepad was a really shitty experience. At least if you want to be decent for the group, instead of just spamming Cure on tank....
Wut? You can easily select party-members with the up/down directional buttons. If you don't confirm them with X, you will only target them once for any skill, after which the cursor will automatically return to your primary target.

No doubt that kb/m makes it a lot easier if you're used to it, but you're seriously downplaying controllers.

FFXIV also hands-down has the best use of the DS4 touchpad out of any game on the market.

Anyway... nice for the Xbox-community I guess.
The gamw deserves to be enjoyed by as many gamers as possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom