• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Max speed as well, DSL in New York. 45 ish mins
Download started slow for me (0.35 like on the screenshot), but then jumped to 4.x (or maybe even more?) and was over before I noticed.

PS4 on the other hand keeps giving me version check errors...

Legendary nodes and unspoiled locations will no longer disappear while players are in the midst of gathering.

This is a really nice change.

The duration of legendary nodes and unspoiled locations added during the Patch 3.X cycle will be increased from 1 hour to 2 hours Eorzea time.
Oh and this one too.

Bowlie

Banned
Bigger and better map, larger inventory, raid finder and duty finder being on the same window

Lots of QoL improvements, I like them

Wow, they actually added a mini-aetheryte point to the marketplace in Ul'dah, so it'll no longer be the city with the most time-consuming trek between the main aetheryte and the market. That was unexpected.

IvorB

Anyone else order from Amazon UK? They still have not sent me the code and they are saying they will send it tomorrow :-(.

Anyone else order from Amazon UK? They still have not sent me the code and they are saying they will send it tomorrow :-(.

Yep, they've always said that.

Wish the EA code was today but as long as its midnight or early tomorrow morning I don't mind too much. You could always send an email to their customer service/do a live chat and ask politely :p

My internet is actually being cooperative and downloading at a reasonable rate, hopefully it keeps this up and I don't have to deal with random disconnects for the launch.

theosi

de4bffc4fb40b355db2cb463273acab6f10e26ac_75.png

Bottom left...Phunbaba??

ebil

- MP and TP will now be restored to full after a party has been incapacitated during a trial or raid.
- The limit to accumulated GP as a non-gathering class has been removed.

and

- Legendary nodes and unspoiled locations will no longer disappear while players are in the midst of gathering.

are probably my favorite QoL additions from this patch. Oh, and spearfishing hype!

kromeo

I was so busy getting my drk weapon finished yesterday I ran out of time to finish the story, how much of it is left after final steps of faith? Pretty sure that was the last thing I did

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
PS4 patch is 2163 MB.
Had multiple version check errors, but at one point it just started downloading. 10+ MB/s, should be done in under 20 minutes, yay.

Yam's

Actions and Traits

For more details regarding actions and traits, please refer to the FINAL FANTASY XIV Job Guide.
* The FINAL FANTASY XIV Job Guide is scheduled to release on Friday, June 16.

Oh come on -_-

IvorB

Yep, they've always said that.

Wish the EA code was today but as long as its midnight or early tomorrow morning I don't mind too much. You could always send an email to their customer service/do a live chat and ask politely :p

No, I already phoned them and gave them the full nerd-rage about it but no luck. All they would say is tomorrow. They couldn't even give a time. Thinking about switching to another retailer/maybe buy from Square directly...

Am I dumb for thinking I should jump into this game? I messed around with the base ARR for a bit, but I also play WoW so enjoy that too. I'm considering giving FFXIV another go - obviously would need to go through the base game first though.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Would server congestion be the reason for version check errors? Don't know what else to do.
Given that I've had multiple version check errors pop up and at one point they just went away without me doing anything, I'd say there's a chance that's the case.

Tanston

Am I dumb for thinking I should jump into this game? I messed around with the base ARR for a bit, but I also play WoW so enjoy that too. I'm considering giving FFXIV another go - obviously would need to go through the base game first though.

Well I look at this game as an improved/modernized version of WoW so i'd vote for yes. At the very least it's different. I had played from vanilla up to cataclysm I really needed a change of scenery.

RPGCrazied

Given that I've had multiple version check errors pop up and at one point they just went away without me doing anything, I'd say there's a chance that's the case.

K, will keep trying today. I'd sooner quit the game then have to reinstall everything with patches. No, thank you.

No, I already phoned them and gave them the full nerd-rage about it but no luck. All they would say is tomorrow. They couldn't even give a time. Thinking about switching to another retailer/maybe buy from Square directly...

:(

I would switch but i'm getting it for like £21 off Amazon so...i'm not so fussed.

Amazon NA here, I got my early access code like 2 days after preordering via email. They haven't charged my cc yet but I have EA according to Mogstation.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Downloaded the patch, restarted the launcher and got another patch downloading now. this one 3.6gb.
Thanks for the heads up, but I don't think the second one is a real patch being downloaded.
Either that or my Internet suddenly got magical, because I finished downloading those 3+ GB in less than 2 minutes. :p

and

are probably my favorite QoL additions from this patch. Oh, and spearfishing hype!
Not having nodes fucking disappear on you is the best thing ever. Plus all crafters get the same level 70 skills so no need to level every single fucking one of them to be able to actually craft, now I'll actually bother getting a few to 70.

Reknoc

So is spearfishing basically just making fishing like the other gatherer classes.

Edit: I guess kinda but also not really. also it's more god damn baits and tackles.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So what exactly is a "Direct hit" and how does that differ from an, I guess, "regular hit"?

Palmer_v1

I'm so out of the loop. Been playing casually since HW, Just hit level 40, I think, as a Bard.

Did Bard/machinist get changed drastically in any way? I'm going to be playing more seriously with an organized group. Do I have to level any other jobs to make Samurai or Red Mage worth playing?

If my group needs a tank, what do people recommend for that? What's the fastest way to level up a new job?

Top Bottom