• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Frumix

Suffering From Success
If you've ever played Dissidia Final Fantasy,
you have a pretty good idea of what Interdimensional Rift looks like

I'm so out of the loop. Been playing casually since HW, Just hit level 40, I think, as a Bard.

Did Bard/machinist get changed drastically in any way? I'm going to be playing more seriously with an organized group. Do I have to level any other jobs to make Samurai or Red Mage worth playing?

If my group needs a tank, what do people recommend for that? What's the fastest way to level up a new job?
BRD and MCH got massive changes compared to their level 60 selves. You no longer have to level any other job to play any job.

R0ckman

Downloading at 5.1 MB/s, so it might just be JP servers :^)

Finally patch notes, though, gracious. Cutting it awfully close.

A lot of the changes made the resources for crafters and gatherers are godsends, especially the one where you couldn't swap from a job into a gatherer and expect any more than 400 GP -- when you need 600+ for anything you'd be switching for!

Massive amounts of QoL for crafters and gatherers is very good.

Where can I see these!?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Also I didn't notice anything in patch notes that explicitly states that the level 60 3.X MSQ's have new gear rewards to make getting to SB content not require farming level 60 gear. Is it time to PANIC???

8hmk82beft3z.png

Wow such a change, yet kept secret! THey changed the roles around

Also I didn't notice anything in patch notes that explicitly states that the level 60 3.X MSQ's have new gear rewards to make getting to SB content not require farming level 60 gear. Is it time to PANIC???
This happened in ARR as well, quests leading to HW gave i110 gear.

I'm just assuming they're keeping it secret like various other parts of the notes. Not to mention in another part of the notes they say they aren't listing all the items being added.

Stuart444

Any PS4 players getting this error code? CE-30022-7

The client has updated but I can't start it and I just get this error code now.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
There's is a HUGE difference between DF images for
Interdimensional Rift
suggesting that
Normal and Savage
versions of the raid will be different not only in mechanics, but also in environments.

Tendo

Can someone help me out here? I pre ordered the standard pc edition on GMG to get it cheap. If I get the collectors edition on PS4 for my PS4 activation do I also get the mount and stuff when I use it on PC? I know it worked that way when I purchased PC editions I got things on PS4, but I just want to double check first.

Brink of death change is significant.

Especially with the removal of stoneskin for surviving shit. But now that vitality is left one it doesn't matter.

erawsd

This note could be indicating that:

In light of the addition of new jobs, the rewards for main scenario and job quests have been adjusted. Moreover, the EXP awarded for completing these quests has been increased.

creid

FINAL FANTASY XIV: STROMBOLI'D

Waiting for my replacement power supply to come in the mail today, hopefully the patch servers won't be too busted by time I can start patching :p

Can someone help me out here? I pre ordered the standard pc edition on GMG to get it cheap. If I get the collectors edition on PS4 for my PS4 activation do I also get the mount and stuff when I use it on PC? I know it worked that way when I purchased PC editions I got things on PS4, but I just want to double check first.

You can use the collectors edition items on any client as long as you bought it on at least either PC, PS4 or Mac.

adversarial

Just about to hit 48. I've never had to grind so much for levels before, this is damn exhausting.

If I buy Stormblood today, will I still get early launch access?

XenoRaven

I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to this. I've just been trying to get through the story and the dungeons and such. I'm pretty close so I figured I'd relax for a bit and I'd easily get it all done before the 20th.

Then my friend told me when early access was.

Then he told me when maintenance was going to be.

This is what I get for procrastinating.

dramatis

I actually plan on playing through the story. I just don't know how long it will take.
When was the last bit of story you did? Unlike 2.x, 3.x story is really trim without filler quests. You can finish in a few hours depending on queue time for story dungeons/trials.

wamberz1

Okay so random question....
My pc has been acting up and I really want to not miss the stormblood launch in case it crashes. So I think I'm going to do something I've been planning on for a while - buying it on PS4 (which is great because then I can just bring that when I travel for work)

I play on the pc non-steam version.

If I just buy the game on ps4, download it and log into my account, will it register that I know have PS4 access? Would I have to buy the expansions again? Just wondering if anyone else has gone through this.

Poetics will never go away, lol.

Gotta keep forcing you into Mor Dhona somehow.

Plus they have to keep legacy currency for someone who might only have the base ARR.

Still salty that the patch notes finally came out and then all the stuff I care about (job changes) is in a separate guide that will be out by the time we have early access so there's not much point. :(

RPGCrazied

Weird. Opened the launcher for a 10th time, it started to update the launcher. Now I'm finally getting the patch. Thank god.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
2nd patch can be now downloaded on the PS4. 3288 MB. Restart the client and go.

I actually plan on playing through the story. I just don't know how long it will take.

It's hard to gauge, 2.0 has a lot of filler in there, but once you finish the MSQ and start hitting the patches on through HW it gets better and is worth doing.

It didn't take me that long to get through the last three patches story missions, it took me maybe 3 nights at about 4 hours? And I was taking my time.

B00TE

Super hyped for the servers to go live tomorrow. I'll have ARMS to play while waiting in my server queue
RIP Balmung

Gonna be jumping right into SAM but I think when I get that to 70 and had my fill I really want to see how MCH came out. Arguably my favorite class aesthetically but I just hated the playstyle. Sounds a lot better now with the changes (as do most of the changes with the classes I play)! Lotta good memories from HW's launch and beyond, so I'm hoping Stormblood continues the trend for me. Love this game.

Oh shit dying is terrifying now.

Loldrg better stop dying now...

Did I misunderstand something? Dying only affects your DPS stats now, it doesn't lower survivability:

Weakness

Before
All main attributes are reduced by 15%.
Duration: 120 seconds

After
Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Mind are reduced by 25%.
Duration: 100 seconds

Brink of Death

Before
All main attributes are reduced by 30%.
Duration: 120 seconds

After
Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Mind are reduced by 50%.
Duration: 100 seconds

nadozza

Did anyone else order a PS4 phys copy on Amazon.ca? I never got a code from them so I reached out to support -- they gave me a X0X00X0X0X0X0X format code instead of a XXXXXX-000-XXXXXX-000 one.

They have to escalate and hopefully give me a new code... I hope it doesn't take too long!!

Top Bottom