• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Qvoth

Might as well try here.

Hello Everyone. A WHM here on Moogle, Chaos Data Centre. I am searching for a static for O3S Progression. I have been doing 1 & 2 successfully every week but am totally frustrated with PUGS in O3S. The PF advertises training for book phase and the party perishes at earlier phases a lot and by the time we manage to reach book phase someone leaves. I can consistently reach book phase if the party manages to pull through till then. The loss of progression has driven me to seek out a static and unfortunately my FC is not into Savage content.

we're already so late in the patch that the people you're playing with are more likely to be bad players
but you should try advertising on r/ffxiv's subreddit for your server and the official forums for your server as well, no harm in trying at this point

IvorB

So, is the plan that we will run that new dungeon once to clear it and then go back to running Ala Migho endlessly for the ex roulette?

Squishy3

So, is the plan that we will run that new dungeon once to clear it and then go back to running Ala Migho endlessly for the ex roulette?
ala mhigo will be cycled out of the ex roulette, the new dungeon will be cycled in. ala mhigo also has a mount tied to it to incentivize people to run it and they might buff verity gain from it?

or they'll also just look at play data and cycle out the dungeon that has the most people actively queuing for it versus getting it via expert

Rua

Might as well try here.

Hello Everyone. A WHM here on Moogle, Chaos Data Centre. I am searching for a static for O3S Progression. I have been doing 1 & 2 successfully every week but am totally frustrated with PUGS in O3S. The PF advertises training for book phase and the party perishes at earlier phases a lot and by the time we manage to reach book phase someone leaves. I can consistently reach book phase if the party manages to pull through till then. The loss of progression has driven me to seek out a static and unfortunately my FC is not into Savage content.

I was in this situation, best of luck.

After clearing 1 and 2 the first week, I spent like almost 2 months trying to pug an O3S clear. Joined a static and now we one-shot it every week.

I found my group through a party finder listing. I'm on Aether though, not sure if Chaos does that.

iammeiam

There are a bunch of XIV Discords that might help; I'm not sure how good the Chaos raid discord is, but the Primal one pretty frequently has people trying to grab healer subs for most floors. FFXIVRecruitment subreddit as mentioned is also good--both for posting yourself and for looking at recent posts.

Also if you're just trying to drop newbie bonus, no-chest/page-run parties will be more likely to clear than 2-chest parties as it broadens the range of people that can join. Dropping the bonus will free you up to join weekly kills.

Qvoth

Where can I hear this?

afaik the youtube links are taken down
there are other ways though

new dungeon gear
012-5.jpg

it's the healer gear design contest winner, i'm guessing the black one is for caster
so i'm guessing the caster gear winner will be 4.2?

Bebpo

Banned
So I went to craft an Orchestration unit and you need a cassia block so I went back through the elements and to start I need Cassia logs...which can only be acquired from an airship if you own a house (or bought on the MB).

That's pretty lame. All the time I've been playing and crafting and gathering I didn't think the game would be dumb enough to lock mats behind owning a house since only like <1% of players can do that. Even gardening items are available through flower pots in a FC room or apartment.

I'm the kind of player that grabs his own mats and hates buying overpriced stuff off the MB, but I guess I don't have a choice for these logs. Pretty annoying. Can't wait to own a house one day and get to try aircraft ventures.

Thorgal

afaik the youtube links are taken down
there are other ways though

new dungeon gear

it's the healer gear design contest winner, i'm guessing the black one is for caster
so i'm guessing the caster gear winner will be 4.2?

I am assuming the roe is wearing the tank gear.

I don't mind it but I do wish that we get a set of gear again that looks actually tank-y.

Like a full suit steel plate armour.

Rua

I am assuming the roe is wearing the tank gear.

I don't mind it but I do wish that we get a set of gear again that looks actually tank-y.

Like a full suit steel plate armour.
The green haired hyur is wearing the tank gear. We saw the healer, ranged, and tank sets in a previous live letter.

Qvoth

tanks are in the centre usually right? pretty sure the male hyur with the goggles is tank
female elezen is probably monk
lala is ninja
female hyur dragoon
so that roe is probably brd/mch

Bebpo

Banned
So I went to craft an Orchestration unit and you need a cassia block so I went back through the elements and to start I need Cassia logs...which can only be acquired from an airship if you own a house (or bought on the MB).

That's pretty lame. All the time I've been playing and crafting and gathering I didn't think the game would be dumb enough to lock mats behind owning a house since only like <1% of players can do that. Even gardening items are available through flower pots in a FC room or apartment.

I'm the kind of player that grabs his own mats and hates buying overpriced stuff off the MB, but I guess I don't have a choice for these logs. Pretty annoying. Can't wait to own a house one day and get to try aircraft ventures.

So I did my daily middle of the night check of all 3 cities/12 wards to see if any housing is available, and just after I posted this I found a house I could buy for the first time in the last 10 months of playing. Bought the M-size house plot for 17 million gil and then another million for the house and went to look at where I could buy a workshop to get started on my own personal airship for airship ventures.

...only to do some reading and see that you can't buy a workshop unless you're an FC and even if you make a solo FC (I wouldn't want to leave GAF FC anyhow), you can't do airship ventures without at least 4 crafters in your FC.

So basically I just blew 18 million for nothing and I still can't get my fucking Cassia logs :| Airship ventures are the new bane of my existence in FFXIV as they are the only content I'm locked out of participating in solo or through pf.

At least I have more space to hang up furnishings now and I have a garden! which is better than 2 flower pots.

On the other hand, my teleport shortcut still goes to the GAF FC (which is good because I want to have a shortcut there) and to get to my house it's gonna be a little extra work of remembering where my house is :|

Anything I should know about housing? I read something like you need to log in at least once every 6 months or you lose your house. Anything else different than an FC room besides the ability to put exterior items and merchants inside?

Omni

I always assume that if there's a learning phase x and progression party in PF, that it's really gonna be about learning the phase before x.

Also when you've seen 75% of a fight, you can enter clear parties because apparently that's what everyone else does

aceface

So I did my daily middle of the night check of all 3 cities/12 wards to see if any housing is available, and just after I posted this I found a house I could buy for the first time in the last 10 months of playing. Bought the M-size house plot for 17 million gil and then another million for the house and went to look at where I could buy a workshop to get started on my own personal airship for airship ventures.

...only to do some reading and see that you can't buy a workshop unless you're an FC and even if you make a solo FC (I wouldn't want to leave GAF FC anyhow), you can't do airship ventures without at least 4 crafters in your FC.

So basically I just blew 18 million for nothing and I still can't get my fucking Cassia logs :| Airship ventures are the new bane of my existence in FFXIV as they are the only content I'm locked out of participating in solo or through pf.

At least I have more space to hang up furnishings now and I have a garden! which is better than 2 flower pots.

On the other hand, my teleport shortcut still goes to the GAF FC (which is good because I want to have a shortcut there) and to get to my house it's gonna be a little extra work of remembering where my house is :|

Anything I should know about housing? I read something like you need to log in at least once every 6 months or you lose your house. Anything else different than an FC room besides the ability to put exterior items and merchants inside?

Reading your two posts just now was tragic D: After I read the first one I was thinking "Someone should post and tell him only FC houses get a workshop..." Then I saw your other post.

Go to your Grand Company and you can get a miniature aetherite for like 14000 GC seals. Put that on your front lawn and now you can teleport to your house.

The airship thing is something you're supposed to to do as an FC. You might prefer to do it solo, but that's just now they designed the content. However, if you ask one of the officers they will at least send the airships out for you to get what you want. I'm not sure if anyone even uses the airships anymore so they might give you airship rights and let you mess around with them. I'm not sure what the gaf policy is for that.

HW story spoilers for like 3.1
That was awesome! The whole church going crazy was sort of telegraphed but I thought they did a good job at the end to conclude it with the look on the preists face when he threw the girl off and then even though I thought the dragon would save her it was a really awesome scene.

My group's BRD manages to beat Neo with PUGs and I can't even get a PF group to practice because theres always a SAM clogging up the melee spot, god fucking damn it

IvorB

ala mhigo will be cycled out of the ex roulette, the new dungeon will be cycled in. ala mhigo also has a mount tied to it to incentivize people to run it and they might buff verity gain from it?

or they'll also just look at play data and cycle out the dungeon that has the most people actively queuing for it versus getting it via expert

'Twas mostly in jest to be honest. I have not been doing much ex roulette lately and don't plan to start soon as I have all the big ticket Creation items already.

Been catching up with offline gaming lately and probably will keep doing that until the new stuff drops.

Redx508

Patch 4.1 UI improvements

-Chat mode will be saved upon logout and restored on login.
-Can summon a chocobo and a minion at the same time.
-PF party creation dialog simplification.
-On the item info box, the desynth skill amount required will now be shown.
-Duty Actions (things like Vril in Lakshmi) now converted to a general action assignable to hotbars. (e: Thanks /u/AngelZatch for the correct name!)
There's seemingly more.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/71qo9h/new_developer_blog_post_on_the_japanese_lodestone/

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002162.html

Zomba13

-Duty Actions (things like Vril in Lakshmi) now converted to a general action assignable to hotbars. (e: Thanks /u/AngelZatch for the correct name!)
There's seemingly more.

Hope that still means it is there as it's own button (L2/R2+R3) because I don't want to have to put it on something for every job and then remember where it is and what combo I need for each class.

Squishy3

Hope that still means it is there as it's own button (L2/R2+R3) because I don't want to have to put it on something for every job and then remember where it is and what combo I need for each class.

Additionally, controller users will now able to toggle the Duty Action button on and off by pressing the L2 or R2 button + R3 button!

41_ui_08-thumb-400xauto-6504.jpg

Once the Duty Action is turned off, even if the cross hotbar is active, you will still be able to trigger the function that's assigned to your R3 button! (Welcome back, focus target!)

also some more hinting from the english post

"That's not all... but I've got to leave some surprises for the others. I think we've still left out the "detailed, but pretty big" UI update, and the one that "everyone will like" per Yoshida in the recent Letter from the Producer LIVE."

Dunan

You can get a small $30 wireless keyboard from Amazon or best buy.

I went out and bought a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard and I have been using that same keyboard to this day. I

Backlit Wireless Keyboard For PS4, PS4 Pro, PS4 Slim Controllers
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072VQQNB8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I don't know what you will decide to do in the end regarding your communication issue but good luck and enjoy the game nonetheless.

Just buy a wireless physical keyboard or something and keep it next to you. IMO, there's no excuse for not communicating in a game like this.

Is the bug with missed and delayed key inputs from wireless keyboards still happening? The first keypress in particular would often not register, which is all the difference in the world when that key is a slash.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/164049-PS4-Keyboard-Typing-Issues

I had an official Sony-branded wireless keyboard and was experiencing this on PS3; it was miserable. When I went to a wired keyboard everything was fine.

Squishy3

I'm kind of way over the duty action being used super often in fights after O2S lol.

Lakshmi's usage of it is fine because you don't need to use it nearly as often but in O2S with how often you need to use it and how it somewhat syncs up with OGCD stuff makes it feel kinda weird as a DPS. Also mashing it just to make sure it's activating for the sinking parts feels really bad.

I'm not against it being used in fights but I'm way over it in O2S at this point. I hope when they include it in fights in the future it's not as aggressive as it feels in O2S.

I'm switching to WAR next week.

I'm tired of how hard I have to work for barely better than pld deeps as DARK. I love the aesthetics and giant sword > giant axe, but enough is enough.

If we still ran with a ninja for enmity shennagins I would endure, but agro is to big of an issue an I would rather live the OGCD tank swap life that still builds my meter unlike dark Knight.

and i'm out.

i feel like i've done plenty of great things during those last 3 months and quite happy.

Will be back in 6months to get more content to burn.

my only regret is that i didn't have time to try the deltascape

Stromblood was trully an amazing expansion... but doing heavensward + stroomblood was certainly overwhelming. Never again.

After playing for a few months I finally beat 2.0 but after that epic ending the follow up quests are such a letdown.

How do you go from beating Gaius to doing delivery quests all over to fix people's jewelry.

Ugh. Can't wait to get to HW.

Euphony

Banned
After playing for a few months I finally beat 2.0 but after that epic ending the follow up quests are such a letdown.

How do you go from beating Gaius to doing delivery quests all over to fix people's jewelry.

I felt the same thing and I was in the same spot several weeks ago. As bad as the early 2.1-2.55 quests are, they do get slightly better and your motivation to continue doing them also improves, at least it did for me. They're very bad in the beginning but they finish off strong.

Atolm

And here I am selling those logs to vendors because no one other than myself bothers with crafting so I own the 4 airships.

Well the 2.1 to 2.3 quests are quite problematic indeed but after that the stuff from 2.35 to 2.55 is good.
It's just that there is quite a bit of filler in them and the stuff that isn't filler is used to set things up for Heavensward & POST-heveansward Still worth it , but it's problematic i have to agree .

At least the dongeons are mostly good.

Camwi

Hey, can I get a friend invite from someone? Hopefully I'm not too late in the process. Currently waiting for the 20+ GB download to finish, and I haven't been asked for a friend code yet.

Bowlie

Banned
Hey, can I get a friend invite from someone? Hopefully I'm not too late in the process. Currently waiting for the 20+ GB download to finish, and I haven't been asked for a friend code yet.

Mine is WFM855WW, thanks for using it! As long as you don't pay for a month of subscription, you can still use a friend code.

Cmagus

Anyone have an issue where you can't log into your account and it keeps giving you invalid password? I have a security token on my account and was even playing last night but I cannot log in anywhere with my account and nothing has been changed. I think it's something up with the security token because on the site I can put my username and password in but after I do the security token it says password invalid.I really don't wanna call them it's long distance and costs a fortune to call them.

Thorgal

Anyone have an issue where you can't log into your account and it keeps giving you invalid password? I have a security token on my account and was even playing last night but I cannot log in anywhere with my account and nothing has been changed. I think it's something up with the security token because on the site I can put my username and password in but after I do the security token it says password invalid.I really don't wanna call them it's long distance and costs a fortune to call them.

i once had a problem where the app got out of sync with the servers invalidating my login .

i used the emergency removal password to strip it off the account ( if you do this try to log in once just to make sure it is just the one time password at fault or if it is your actual account ) then i just reinstalled it again and everything is fine again .

Cmagus

i once had a problem where the app got out of sync with the servers invalidating my login .

i used the emergency removal password to strip it off the account ( if you do this try to log in once just to make sure it is just the one time password at fault or if it is your actual account ) then i just reinstalled it again and everything is fine again .

Thought so, I don't have the emergency removal that means I probably gotta call them... they aren't open on Saturdays so now I'm out of luck.

Top Bottom