• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Qvoth

I did play it before the Heavensward expansion and really enjoyed it. But I'm thinking I should just do over.

unless you weren't even 50 when you quit then i highly recommend you to just continue with the character
unless you don't wanna pay for server transfer to ultros which is where gaf mainly is i suppose

I don't think there's any "beginner specific servers", you'll probably find helpful people on any server.

Most GAF players are on Ultros, so come join us.

unless you weren't even 50 when you quit then i highly recommend you to just continue with the character
unless you don't wanna pay for server transfer to ultros which is where gaf mainly is i suppose

I was only level 30 so not that big of a deal. Ok, I just have a hard time deciding which server. I know some of them are already locked due to over-capacity. I'll check out Ultros!

Thanks guys

GAF I did something stupid, spent creation tomes on three different jobs and now I have buyers remorse. I'm going to stick with MNK/SAM and just be content on just beating O1S and O2S. All this started because I didn't want to always compete for gear but looks like lots of bandwagon SAMs are dropping like flies now.

Saving grace for my staying MNK/SAM aside from sharing gear is that we wreck EX primals.

Qvoth

in just a few weeks glaze, twine and roborants should be easily obtainable every week from ivalice raid, no reason why you should stop at v2s
the difficulty jump from v2s to v3s is HUGE, but with enough practice everything in this game is clearable

They're not gonna give Roborants through Ivalice right off the bat.

Also people are ditching SAM because it's almost impossible to find a group as one. Hell, I can't even PF anything as DRG because SAM players always clog up melee slots.

iammeiam

If your iLevel is low, just meld VIT on the right side. The tier is pretty accessible even at i320 provided you have enough HP to not drop dead. Roborant or no, ShinryuEX weapons in a couple weeks will be more than adequate for the back half of Omega. Gear helps, but aside from some HP threshold stuff during Library in 3 and Neo in general it's not gonna make or break you. There will be a lot of PFs with iLevel restrictions but there are usually a number without, and the last two/three fights are a lot more engaging than the first couple.

komaruR

Anymore news on whats being added for cross world friends adding?
Heard they might be doing a chat room thing. Not sure if its this upcoming patch tho.

Welp... My persistence paid off. I paid for 2 months for my wife's character that she no longer plays and now I'm the owner of a large free company house in the 1st ward of Mist on Ultros. Only 4 people had logged into the free company in the last 60 days so I'm thinking I'm gonna just clear all the members out and let the house expire to get the cash for it. Feel like I just won the jackpot here.

Atolm

Today was my turn for coffer on V4S. Used it to purchase the RDM weapon.

Next week I'll be 8/8 on logs and I'll buy the SCH one. Then I'll have the i345 with all my four jobs (AST, SAM, RDM, SCH).

Also got lucky with Khloe today and managed to cross two lines. 100k more MGP and I bought the Archon Throne. Makes my lala look like an evil little queen. Fenrir is leaving my hotbar for this.

Also people are ditching SAM because it's almost impossible to find a group as one. Hell, I can't even PF anything as DRG because SAM players always clog up melee slots.

Guilty, it's why I went to BRD and for a while but wanted to go BLM until I got that to 70 and realized it's a total flustercluck in endgame content where you're always moving.

I guess I could just do Omega Savage on BRD and save the tomes for SAM gear that way or get lucky on a greed roll.

Qvoth

Guilty, it's why I went to BRD and for a while but wanted to go BLM until I got that to 70 and realized it's a total flustercluck in endgame content where you're always moving.

I guess I could just do Omega Savage on BRD and save the tomes for SAM gear that way or get lucky on a greed roll.

SB blm is the most mobile (and fun) it has ever been, take some time to actually learn about the fight, plan accordingly when and where to use leylines and that's about it
keep in mind that caster slots are filled really fast though, like i basically have to refresh the PF every second, because unlike melee 99% of PF only wants 1 caster and rdm is still the caster flavor of the month job

Sorian

Banned
Did we get a date for the patch yet or will that be on Friday (Saturday?) live letter? Waiting patiently to see if I chose correctly on which day I asked off from work (10/10).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Imagine a gif of Exelon trying to jump on those logs outside of Ixali-land, forever.

I didn't find any of the jump puzzles for ARR sightseeing log that hard once I learned about the FPS trick. No idea how it works, but lowering FPS to 30 makes the jumps REALLY easy. That Ixali jump only took me 4-5 tries.

Spent a few hours trying to do that Leatherworker's Guild jump before hearing about it though.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't find it too annoying either but some people found it near impossible. Kugane killed Exelon. His ghost is haunting Monster Hunter now.

iammeiam

LAST live letter's digest went up finally.

The Unending Coil section says:
The reward for clearing will be item level 345 weapons, the same level as the Deltascape (Savage) weapons.

As a result, if players want the strongest equipment, they are not necessarily required to clear this content. However, these weapons will graphically stand out quite a bit.

Additionally, players are rewarded with a token upon completion once per week. We’re planning to make the token exchangeable for a weapon of your choice, so clearing the fight will guarantee one weapon. Just remember that the rewards are set this way because the content itself is that hard.
*Please note there was an error in the live broadcast update thread, and the above information is the latest information.

The maximum item level will not increase during Patch 4.1. We are putting in the utmost care to make final adjustments to the difficulty, to make sure that this content will not be so difficult that not one person is able to clear it during the duration of the patch.

I also thought at some point it was mentioned Ultimate stuff would be slightly delayed from release (which made sense--give people a short adjustment period to whatever job changes are coming), but in the digest that's only mentioned for the Mecha battles.

They also mention that because of Shirogane, the patch maint window will not end early so everyone will know exactly when to slam the servers to try to buy a house.

Qvoth

each player gets a token that you can exchange, so it's basically like pages from savage, but i'm expecting the trade ratio to be 1:1

GAF I did something stupid, spent creation tomes on three different jobs and now I have buyers remorse. I'm going to stick with MNK/SAM and just be content on just beating O1S and O2S. All this started because I didn't want to always compete for gear but looks like lots of bandwagon SAMs are dropping like flies now.

Saving grace for my staying MNK/SAM aside from sharing gear is that we wreck EX primals.

If you have SERIOUS regrets, you can ask a GM for a one time refund/exchange of a tome gear i believe. It's a once per account/lifetime sort of thing though so make sure it something that really matters to you. Outside of hardcore progging in the early weeks, it's not recommended. Especially with the 24 man loot providing another catch up route

After 8 weeks it is finally mine!

MJr0p9i.jpg

Was the last person in my static to get it -_-

Although my weapon did drop on our first clear, so I guess I really can't complain too much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Omni

After 8 weeks it is finally mine!

Was the last person in my static to get it -_-

Although my weapon did drop on our first clear, so I guess I really can't complain too much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Meanwhile I got my mount first week and had to wait like 7 weeks for a weapon

FEELS BAD

kagamin

My static finally cleared v3s, so now we can try out v4s for a couple of hours on the weekend before reset since some of us can't get our shit together and not go out to drink without telling us despite having a schedule for some reason
(yes I'm salty)

luulubuu

I fucking hate this game, all the stuff I had done with the infernal backtracking to join a fucking grand company and now I have to grind more to fucking blow the fucking whistle I got from the fucking CE

Fucking SE

If you have SERIOUS regrets, you can ask a GM for a one time refund/exchange of a tome gear i believe. It's a once per account/lifetime sort of thing though so make sure it something that really matters to you. Outside of hardcore progging in the early weeks, it's not recommended. Especially with the 24 man loot providing another catch up route

Has that actually worked?

iammeiam

Has that actually worked?

It will work for literally 1 item for the life of your account, that's it. I saw it used when somebody needed to job swap days after buying a tome weapon in Gordias; they were able to get the tomes back but won't get another one for the life of the game. It's sort of there as a one-off "oops I trashed an item by mistake" or "oops I clicked the wrong thing at the vendor" customer service thing but as far as I know the 1 item ever rule is extremely inflexible.

But at this point in the gear cycle I don't think there's any single item 'worth' it; we're two-ish weeks from non-upgraded tome weapons being outclassed by primal weapons and 24-man content that will drop 330.

Omni

Baaaaack in Alex Creator I bought the casting chest but a week later I joined an a12s static. Contacted a GM and had them swap the chest for the AST tome weapon. Helped a lot during prog. Cleared the day or so after IIRC

Now watch me use the super savage token on the wrong class if I ever clear it lmao

walei

Rival Wings look sick, and it's located at Dravania Hinterlands aka my favourite Heavensward zone!

Also, the Wandering Minstrel is a dickhead.

Top Bottom