• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm logged in and have about 20 mins before I leave for work, might as well pick up rdm quest

rezn0r

Can't finish HW stuff since DF is down. Feels bad.

ditto, I was hoping to finish 3.0's MSQ leading up to this, but completely forgot about the 24hr maintenance yesterday. now I'm stuck a few patches back. oh well, I have to go to work anyway. I'll pretend "early access" is "catch up time".

Nope. I went in to remap skills to figure out what to replace, like, Lead Shot with

and there is nothing new accessible.

The best comparison is playing an ARR class pre-30, where it's super slow and sparse because they're easing you into it? It feel super incomplete sixty levels in.
Do you at least get the Heated skills or are you just expected to Overheat every time for a few levels?

iammeiam

Do you at least get the Heated skills or are you just expected to Overheat every time for a few levels?

You get seriously nothing to interact with heat aside from the heat reduction on QR (which doesn't count because you'd use QR for non-heat-purposes anyway!) As far as I can tell it's GB on, Hot Shot, 1-2-3 over and over, Gauss Round, Ricochet, wait to hit 100, Wildfire, repeat.

Level 62 gives you Cooldown to bump Overheat back a few GCDs. 64 gives you the trait to make Heated Shots happen so you have a reason to to use cool down to stay between 50 and 100.

It's ruining my attempt at perspective on the whole reboot. They killed a job I liked in the name of creating something to draw new people in. OK, fine. But at least give me some sign of why people who were turned off 60 MCH before would be interested in it now by making 60 MCH not play like a sub-30 job.

Shahed

You can change the dialogue box font size on PS4 by enabling virtual mouse with L1 + right analog stick, then hover over the dialogue box and press R2, you should see a scale window option to make it bigger.
Thank god for this. The font size was doing my head in and I couldn't find a way to fix it

Aeana

As a healer, I don't think I ever said "I have too few DPS options, please remove some so I can be even more bored while soloing"

Now my AST hotbar is like 3 abilities at best.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You can change the dialogue box font size on PS4 by enabling virtual mouse with L1 + right analog stick, then hover over the dialogue box and press R2, you should see a scale window option to make it bigger.

If only there were a way to scale up the main menu now, I'd be set.

You get seriously nothing to interact with heat aside from the heat reduction on QR (which doesn't count because you'd use QR for non-heat-purposes anyway!) As far as I can tell it's GB on, Hot Shot, 1-2-3 over and over, Gauss Round, Ricochet, wait to hit 100, Wildfire, repeat.

Level 62 gives you Cooldown to bump Overheat back a few GCDs. 64 gives you the trait to make Heated Shots happen so you have a reason to to use cool down to stay between 50 and 100.

It's ruining my attempt at perspective on the whole reboot. They killed a job I liked in the name of creating something to draw new people in. OK, fine. But at least give me some sign of why people who were turned off 60 MCH before would be interested in it now by making 60 MCH not play like a sub-30 job.
It's really bizarre specially since BRD gets Pitch Perfect alongside Minuet at 52 so you can actually do everything but spend Straighter procs on Refulgent by 60

artsi

Wait, the main dialogue box is now resizable? I mean this one:

mum7Rvf.jpg

bacardi

It's bullshit it's you need a 4K tv in order to get pro benefits, even the updated fps😑

Are you sure? I thought the PS4 Pro mode boosts the resolution for 4K displays but if you don't enable it you get the optimised FPS as part of simply running on Pro and the patched version of the game?

iammeiam

HW relic costs got nerfed again--Umbrite is 75 poetics, etc. Easier to get glamour weapons than ever!

It's really bizarre specially since BRD gets Pitch Perfect alongside Minuet at 52 so you can actually do everything but spend Straighter procs on Refulgent by 60

Yeah, they... really didn't try with MCH leveling experience, at all, it looks like. I get that there were relatively few of us, but dude.

You only lost Combust 1 and you'll get more stuff later though

Before it used to be Combust, Combust 2, and cross-class Aero. Two instants with shorter durations for oGCD weaving and the third, longer-lasting with cast time. Broke up Malefic spam not infrequently.

Now it's just Combust 2 and then spam Malefic until Combust 2 again.

RPGCrazied

I'm a missing something? I'm at the Sam trainer, have 2.0 done, dragoon is level 60 and all I see is a billion people.

What does the trainer look like, and does it provide a ! or not? Cause if it does I'm not seeing it.

Are you sure? I thought the PS4 Pro mode boosts the resolution for 4K displays but if you don't enable it you get the optimised FPS as part of simply running on Pro and the patched version of the game?
The wording in the settings doesn't mention non 4K screens. But maybe it does do increased fps.

Does anyone know how to adjust font size? Everything has gotten so small.

HW relic costs got nerfed again--Umbrite is 75 poetics, etc. Easier to get glamour weapons than ever!
Did they do anything to condensation, I wonder?
Before it used to be Combust, Combust 2, and cross-class Aero. Two instants with shorter durations for oGCD weaving and the third, longer-lasting with cast time. Broke up Malefic spam not infrequently.

Now it's just Combust 2 and then spam Malefic until Combust 2 again.
I lost combust 1, stella, and aero. Granted, break is basically a weaker stella, but even having one fewer thing to rotate through, let alone 2, can be felt heavily while soloing.
Oh yeah, forgot about Aero

Did anyone actually use Stella though

Bowlie

Banned
Yeah, they... really didn't try with MCH leveling experience, at all, it looks like. I get that there were relatively few of us, but dude.

Okay, so I wasn't the only one feeling I didn't have enough to do. I feel like I'm level 30 or 40, using the same 3 skills.

aceface

Oh man, Duty Finder got overloaded and crashed? It's 2.0 launch all over again!! How long until error 1017 makes its appearance?

wamberz1

So is it basically impossible to progress the story right now? I'm stuck being unable to get this
best served cold
instance to go.

Oh woah I still got sent my Amazon UK early access code. It arrived a whole 2 hours after Early Access had even started.

I cancelled my order like 3 hours before that.

ebil

lol, Gravity is now AST's best single target spell from level 52 to 64. They didn't think this through, did they.

(well, cast time is a tad longer than Malefic, but still...)

Definitely liking SAM over RDM with just a few minutes to mess around. Seems like I take way too much damage as SAM though. Maybe it's just from years of PLD.

plake

Anything to do when MSQ NPC (Alisaie in Rhalgrs(sp?)) won't load? I'm trying reloading now, hoping it'll help. I've left and entered the zone so many times to no avail.

iammeiam

lol, Gravity is now AST's best single target spell from level 52 to 64. They didn't think this through, did they.

(well, cast time is a tad longer than Malefic, but still...)

Please do not prejudge before class balance patch is released in january 2018

(I kind of assumed the MP-cost would be a thing)

You can change the dialogue box font size on PS4 by enabling virtual mouse with L1 + right analog stick, then hover over the dialogue box and hold R2, then press L2 to select options, you should see a scale window option to make it bigger.
This needs to be added to the op, crazy how they did something this stupid and didn't think it'd be a problem.

Top Bottom