• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV’s The Regalia coming to Forza Horizon 3

Arkeband

Banned
Forza Team please stop wasting resources trying to Fix FF XV and do XVI already!!

haha, i don't doubt some people are truly going to get angry about this

"instead of putting cars on forza they should be doing FF7 remake instead"

Why are they still wasting time on Forza Horizon 3. Better give me my sweet Forza Horizon sequel.

/s

Countdown till we have someone come in and complain about the forza team wasting their time on FFXV content or the FFXV team wasting their time doing cross game marketing or something when they should be making FFXVI

heh heh, wow these are some primo burns on the FFXV haterz, nice job guys!

jbug617

Banned
From the Forza post on their site.

According to Square’s Yasuko Nakaaki, the Regalia is part of a larger theme. “All the art you see in FFXV was created based on the premise that we’re delivering a ‘fantasy [world] based on reality.’” The car itself represents freedom and Prince Noctis’ bond with his father. That notion came from Hajime Tabata himself: “I applied my own experiences of being taught how to drive by my father,” Tabata said, ”then later inheriting and driving my father’s car on my own.”

Inspiration for the road-trip theme brings the two studios even closer. “Our ties with Forza run deeper,” Tabata said. “The reason being, one of the games that we looked to as reference when we were creating our road trip-game was Forza Horizon 2. That’s why this collaboration is quite unbelievable and a real honor for us.” Plus, according to Tabata, Square/Enix is full of car lovers; including employees who run track days in their off time or even store engines in their living room for future restoration projects.

More directly influencing the design of the Regalia was a directive from Tabata: “Make it a royal car that would have a value of over $500,000.” So Nakaaki looked for cars that would satisfy both demands. “I looked at everything from Rolls Royce to Mercedes, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Alfa Romeo, Bugatti, even Maybach and Cadillac.”
https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/hma_7_28_17

NEO0MJ

Is there any way to get alerts for when this is on sale? I've been meaning to get this game but the price on the Windows store is too high.

I'm trying to make sure I'm not sounding like a jerk here, but Forza Horizon 3 is a PC game. So yes, it would follow that the content in that game would be playable in that game.

Do you mean getting it free if you don't have the XB1 version of XV?

I think it's shade at FFXV not getting a PC port

Eusis

Finally, the Regalia will control like I'd expect a car to control on the open road, not like some weird on rails thing you can still crash anyway.

Koozek

Finally, the Regalia will control like I'd expect a car to control on the open road, not like some weird on rails thing you can still crash anyway.
You know they added off-road driving last month, right? Though the default Regalia is still only on-rails in Manual Mode.

2eVwFDG.gif

Caayn

I did not see that one coming. Will definitely take this car for a spin.

Kinda crazy that I'll drive this car before I'll drive it in FFXV.

Noobcraft

I'll definitely be downloading this. It should help hold me over until FFXV is finished and I can experience it on One X.

Fox Mulder

I don't get this marketing strategy.
Cool for those who like both games.

They added a fast as shit fallout car in FM6, finally added the halo warthog after teasing it for years.

Im fine with fictional cars from other games. I haven't played final fantasy and it's not really my kind of game though.

I haven't gotten anything at all yet and I've restarted my Xbox and the game multiple times. Do I need to be at a certain level or at a certain part of the game in order to get those cuz I'm a fairly new player.

Top Bottom