• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Gamescom Active Time Report - CNN reporting live from disaster scene

What is going on with this game lol. Guess the demo was smoke and mirror. Maybe I should forget about this game and be surprised when it releases in two thousand fucking eighteen.

udivision

That's not a very good defense, considering that this game was on their plate before any of the other games and remains on the plate, and it's been getting smelly and started growing hair a while ago.

True, I'm just trying to makes sure that not all of my posts in this thread are antagonistic.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
At least they're not overpromising like FFXIV where they're like AIRSHIPS and then all they are is a series of menus. The airships don't even physically exist in the world, yet people somehow forgive and forget and worship Yoshi-P like he didn't stretch any truths.

FFXIV team feels strapped for time and resources. Whether it's mismanagement on account of Yoshida or his superiors is another question. If they wanted to put everything they had planned into 3.0 original release it still wouldn't be out.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Airship dlc and not far in development...
PdMCk47.gif

Son Of D

If they're thinking about airship DLC it makes me think that the game could be very barren content wise with DLC filling in the gaps.

MrDenny

Wouldn't airships be a core part of the game from a gameplay design perspective.
I feel like that decision should already be made by now.
This is not coming in 2016 is it...

I can wait as well, but I don't understand why they're doing these ATRs when they have NOTHING to show.

Come back in 2017 when you have an idea of what the game will be like

This is embarrassing

True true. But they made a commitment to keep an open line of dialogue with fans, and they've been sticking with it, for better or worse. I would rather them keep talking about small details here and there than the years of silence we had before.

Just when I was starting to feel good about Square. And you guys trying to convince me and tell me that my 2017 prediction was crazy. lol. Now 2017 is crazy.

DNAbro

I have never been so disappointed by this game. My confidence for it is at an all time low. what the absolute fuck square

Wouldn't airships be a core part of the game from a gameplay design perspective.
I feel like that decision should already be made by now.
This is not coming in 2016 is it...

This, how can you say a thing like this if you had any sort of plan for this game

wtf
True true. But they made a commitment to keep an open line of dialogue with fans, and they've been sticking with it, for better or worse. I would rather them keep talking about small details here and there than the years of silence we had before.
As you can see from this thread it's doing a ton of damage to the brand though

Myths

Taking a moment to relish in the bitterness of those unwilling to acknowledge "Subject to Change" from the outset. The same group uttering with certainty the features of the game just because they saw it in past trailers or by word of interviews.

Good, maybe then you will approach with more caution in the future.

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

think i'm officially out on FFXV. outside of the enemy designs the game doesn't even look that good. the demo's did nothing but worsen the situation for me as the combat was just bad.

Good thing they have several more years to change my opinion

duckroll

So first they said underwater areas might be DLC. Now they're saying airships are DLC. Clearly they're just dropping strong hints that what they'll be shipping in 2018 is FFXV: Episode Terra, followed by DLC packs included in the Season Pass - FFXV: Episode Aqua and FFXV: Episode Ventus!

Slowdive

Banned
Every question might as well be answered with "That may or may not be in the final game, please look forward to more info in the future!"

Top Bottom