• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion - First Look + Closed Beta August 3rd

Do you think we will be able to play as female characters in multiplayer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sinfamy

I hate how generic and boring all the humans look in FFXV outside of the main cast of like 12 people who look gorgeously designed, including Aldercapt and Verstael.
I get it's more realistic, but it kind of breaks the immersion.

Whompa02

This seems pretty dope actually. They didn't need to create avatars. Kinda wish we could play just as the 4 dudes, but still this seems pretty cool.

Keinning

Based on the screenshots it seems like you won't be able to make female avatars? That would suck.

i think you are reading too much on this

Has potential. Having only three quests in beta means it might also be scarce in the main game though. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

i mean, it's a beta. a limited portion of the game for testing. the three quests have "three legs each" (whatever that means) so i dont think they will be short. and that doesnt mean the main game will be as limited

MilkBeard

Has potential. Having only three quests in beta means it might also be scarce in the main game though. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

MattAces

Will this take place in the open world, or will it be a brand new world? How will this affect the main game?

Completely separate entity, just like the previous 2 expansions.
Most likely in the open world space OR you select mission and you get match made into a party to complete a mission. Hopefully it's open world, they mention something about "city" as a camp in their website.
It is that, or the camp is meant to be a hub like Monster Hunter.

MilkBeard

Completely separate entity, just like the previous 2 expansions.
Most likely in the open world space OR you select mission and you get match made into a party to complete a mission. Hopefully it's open world, they mention something about "city" as a camp in their website.

Hmmm, city. My guess is Lestallum
in end-game they mentioned it as another hunter base
, but that's only if it takes place during that time period. I wonder when in the time periods of the game this expansion will take place. They have a really good setup for it near end-game.

chefbags

Lol why the does the magic in the pics of OP look so much better than what we got in the game.

Either way I'm all in. Will test the beta and then wait till Noctis and friends are in.

I wanna play as Aranea or if they add ravus that'd be cool.

I wonder if creating all these classes and multiplayer infrastructure is just warm up work for ff16....
I just cant think of any other reason why theyre pouring resources into dlc (and a lot of it free) like that

Keinning

It'd be hilarious if the combat is better in this version than the main game.

It will probably be. I'm betting that playing with the four dudes in the MP mode will make them control like they do in their respectives DLCs - which offer more variety by itself. I doubt they will patch the option into the main game after the MP starts rolling

I wonder if creating all these classes and multiplayer infrastructure is just warm up work for ff16....
I just cant think of any other reason why theyre pouring resources into dlc (and a lot of it free) like that

i doubt cup noodles hat, mexican outfit and afrojack sword were preparation for anything

the game just have a passionate team wanting to give more for their players. i know its hard for some people here in GAF to understand it, but not everyone out there hates FFXV

Arkeband

Banned
It's absolutely hysterical that they let the avatars change different pieces of their outfit, while the base game only lets you swap between entire outfits.

Will this work retroactively and improve the base game? Find out next time on Thanks For Testing Our Beta Within A Beta!

sibarraz

Banned
The 2 main things that I want for this game

1) Playing this in the punished world of eos, there it will make more sense to have hunter hubs.

2) Being able to play with bounty hunter iris

Arkanius

Am I the only one that is completely wondering of what is the point, or even the business plan of this decision?

"Let's take a story based RPG of the FF franchise and lets slap a Multiplayer mode as DLC"

The fuck?
With this and all the DLCs, FFXV just feels like a huge kitchen sink of gameplay ideas that Square Enix is testing to see what sticks.

Koozek

Might get the 14-days trial for PS+ to try this out. Never really played anything online before, especially on a console. I should probably even have some free time next week from Wednesday onwards or so, so perfect timing. Who of my FFXV-GAF brehs would be in?

Blackleg-sanji1 said:
I know you've been hyped for this, you in next week? :D

Based on the screenshots it seems like you won't be able to make female avatars? That would suck.
I think there is one on the right here:
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/c7NwpI1.jpg[/IMG]

I mean, it's obvious there would be, anyway. Why would't it, lol.

BadWolf

Don't you need to buy the season pass to play the multiplayer expansion?

The extra episode stuff is also not free.

Seems like they are just making money.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I want this so much. Love the idea that each player has to bring an ingredient for the meal, haha.

Man, FFXV is the gift that keeps on giving.

It's absolutely hysterical that they let the avatars change different pieces of their outfit, while the base game only lets you swap between entire outfits.

Will this work retroactively and improve the base game? Find out next time on Thanks For Testing Our Beta Within A Beta!

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes, it's fucking hysterical that content planned to come out an entire year after the original game has improvements based on feedback.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Pretty sure the one near the closed window flap in the tent is female...

Kyzer

Banned
This is the only reason i kept my copy hope its good, the battle system in place + multiplayer should work

pentium486

Neo Member
They have a really good setup for it near end-game.

Agreed. They could easily put it in the
10 years of Noctis' absence
without creating any continuity problems.
And as far as I have read, they had already created the
"dark world"
anyway but it didn't make it into the final game.

Eidan

I hate how generic and boring all the humans look in FFXV outside of the main cast of like 12 people who look gorgeously designed, including Aldercapt and Verstael.
I get it's more realistic, but it kind of breaks the immersion.

It makes me feel that the main cast's designs should have been toned down.

People could be assuming she's an NPC. That was my first thought when I saw the screen.

I don't think she is a npc:

jbAFuV.jpg

LordKasual

Banned
This...legitimately looks awesome.

Was not expecting kingsglaive magic.

If they're using the Kingsglaive abilities, that means warpstriking is still an option. This is going to be sick.

Top Bottom