• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SPOILER THREAD

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
If Luna dies after Leviathan, which seems to be the third Astral, how do they awaken the other three?

Probably with Luna's staff or something. It's one of the royal arms. Or maybe she awoke them already.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
wow what that about tabi making luna a strong woman in final fantasy xv

Well, it wasn't something really unexpected....changing the heroine retroactively and then making a claim like that was always going to be hard to accomplish.

Falk

that puzzling face
While probably not intended to be accessed, that's from Judgment Disc, so there's a bunch of posts w.r.t. that on the Judgment Disc thread.

Falk

that puzzling face
aerith could have shown how strong she was by jumping out of the gondola during the gold saucer date scene

missed opportunity there squaresoft

gosoxtim

Well, it wasn't something really unexpected....changing the heroine retroactively and then making a claim like that was always going to be hard to accomplish.
i hate that when they do you know what a strong feamle character by there action show dont tell take aqua for example

I don't think she actually dies in chapter 9, there are still cutscenes from trailers involving her that perubro hasn't seen. Mind you they may be from flashbacks

I don't think she actually dies in chapter 9, there are still cutscenes from trailers involving her that perubro hasn't seen. Mind you they may be from flashbacks
Pretty sure Perubro confirmed that she died. Everyone on 4chan was furious at him for saying that Luna joins the party and then a couple of moments later, he says she died. Not going back there to check!

Pretty sure Perubro confirmed that she died. Everyone on 4chan was furious at him for saying that Luna joins the party and then a couple of moments later, he says she died. Not going back there to check!

Perubro hasn't played farther than that so he wouldn't know if she is definitely dead. The game does make it seem like she is though but this is Final Fantasy

All joking aside I feel like this would have been the easy route.

You mean like how it would be exactly what's expected of them if they were going for a "strong female character"? I don't mean to sound cynical etc its just I wonder if SE see it as a case of trying (and quite possibly failing :/ ) to have a strong character based on her actions and words, rather than "Luna kills 20 Nifelheim Soldiers and is therefore strong".

Granted I am yet to play Birth By Sleep so I don't know about Aqua much.

It will be a QTE in the remake.

Don't give Nomura ideas :p It makes me wonder though, with what would in the past have been CGI scenes (Leviathan battle etc) now being interactive set pieces will this influence what Nomura wants to do in VIIR...

Voror

I'd be surprised if she wasn't dead honestly. I always sort of figured that to be her eventual fate for whatever reason. Hell, I always figured Stella was going to die too.

Inuhanyou

I'd be surprised if she wasn't dead honestly. I always sort of figured that to be her eventual fate for whatever reason. Hell, I always figured Stella was going to die too.

I always thought stella might have died, but been revived in some fashion.

We can't really say how much of Tabata's FF15 resembles what Nomura's 15 was, let alone what Versus was, but killing off Luna like this, if she is dead for good, essentially takes the easy way out IMO.

A cheap feeling of attempting emotional resonance with characters not particularly engaging enough to warrant that. i think the problem is that its already been done in FF as one of the main twists, so doing it again feels like trying to harness that same feeling without really getting there.

Don't give Nomura ideas :p It makes me wonder though, with what would in the past have been CGI scenes (Leviathan battle etc) now being interactive set pieces will this influence what Nomura wants to do in VIIR...

I don't think Nomura cares to speak of, or look at, FF15 ever again lol. Not after all this

Gemeanie

Well they never promised to make Luna a powerful character, only a (mentally) strong one, which seems true if compared to Noctis.

Wasn't her the only female survived Kingsglaive while the others died as plot device?

Inuhanyou

Well they never promised to make Luna a powerful character, only a (mentally) strong one, which seems true if compared to Noctis.

Wasn't her the only female survived Kingsglaive while the others died as plot device?

she*

And yeah, i know a lot of people got pissed because of what happend with Crowe.....

No, the person who claimed they died was a fake person who used a similar tripcode as Perubro to fool people. The actual guy says it cuts from the CGI cutscene to them on the train in the aftermath, Noctis says she is dead, but it seems like a fakeout as you never see it.

Plus statements from the voice actor saying she's around late in the game.

But Christ I don't get why anyone gives a shit for either of these StellaLuna characters, they're complete non-entities.

Voror

Well she could always just be around as a spirit or something, though a fake out would be nice I suppose. Even more if she did temporarily join you. It'd be kind of cool if perhaps she was your partner in the final battle like Zelda helping Link.

No, the person who claimed they died was a fake person who used a similar tripcode as Perubro to fool people. The actual guy says it cuts from the CGI cutscene to them on the train in the aftermath, Noctis says she is dead, but it seems like a fakeout as you never see it.

Plus statements from the voice actor saying she's around late in the game.

But Christ I don't get why anyone gives a shit for either of these StellaLuna characters, they're complete non-entities.
Ah. We'll see then. PshycoNinja gave me a telling earlier in the thread so there may be more.

And bro I like my happy ending when the couple gets together! This death completely nullifies it! Don't hate on people for that please!

Ah. We'll see then. PshycoNinja gave me a telling earlier in the thread so there may be more.

And bro I like my happy ending when the couple gets together! This death completely nullifies it! Don't hate on people for that please!

A happy ending would be nice but isn't XV supposed to have a relatively dark ending? Although the supposed state of the world might be enough for that. It'd be bittersweet but perhaps not in the way people expect if Noctis + Luna were together in the end, but in the post-Ifritpocalypse world.

So,
Chapter 10-13 is about Noctis and co travelling by train through the continent where Niflheim is located: the (new) basic structure is train-->decently-sized HUB places (the first one is a land infested by Malboros in the south (there's a Santorini inspired village in this area); the second one is some sort of Nevada inspired place (it's the biggest one, but still quite small compared to Lucis' areas); the third one is Tenebrae (you can visit a few buildings and bridges, but it's not too big and that will make sense from a plot perspective)

Then, in Chapter 13, Noctis and co go all out to retrieve his father's sword and gather magical power from the Crystal (that has been moved from Insomnia to the industrial city capital of Niflheim).

The entrance is stealthy, crossing some streets until all goes to shit, after which you control the car in a set-piece and land in a factory-like dungeon where Noctis is separated from the rest and has to battle enemies and a couple bosses after getting the Sword of the Father.

Ardyn, however, rekts Noctis in an unwinnable fight, and traps him in his crystal.

That's where Chapter 13 ends. Chapter 14 and 15 is the future time, both of them lasting in total 2 hours or 3 and being even more linear than the previous few chapters.

I guess he's mistaking Venice for Santorini and referring to Altissia there.

A happy ending would be nice but isn't XV supposed to have a relatively dark ending? Although the supposed state of the world might be enough for that. It'd be bittersweet but perhaps not in the way people expect if Noctis + Luna were together in the end, but in the post-Ifritpocalypse world.
Sorry not a complete everything is fixed happy ending! I meant it in more of a bittersweet one. Like what you said! Like "we'll this sucks the world is in ruins but hey at least we have each other!"

Kind of like
the ending to Skyward Sword.

Vic_Viper

Anyone been able to confirm you can still unlock Carbuncle from Platinum demo?

Not surprised at all by the Luna death. She really didnt matter that much to me at all after they made the switch from Versus to XV.

Kaizer

Banned
Anyone been able to confirm you can still unlock Carbuncle from Platinum demo?

Not surprised at all by the Luna death. She really didnt matter that much to me at all after they made the switch from Versus to XV.

If I remember it correctly, Carbuncle was always in the game, completing the Platinum Demo just allows you to rename him to whatever you want.

Vic_Viper

If I remember it correctly, Carbuncle was always in the game, completing the Platinum Demo just allows you to rename him to whatever you want.

Oh really? Ive been holding on to the demo to play it again just in case. I got the unlock message at the end but still wanted to be sure. Really want that Carbuncle!

Top Bottom