• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SPOILER THREAD

sappyday

I read the 4chan DLC/update leaks that reveal their plans for up to next year. It got the Gladio episode right so far and some other things so it could be true. 4chan did leak the original plot so it's possible, and if it is then the game will be getting a lot of content by next year and that's not including the "secret DLC" that might add Insomnia.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I read the 4chan DLC/update leaks that reveal their plans for up to next year. It got the Gladio episode right so far and some other things so it could be true. 4chan did leak the original plot so it's possible, and if it is then the game will be getting a lot of content by next year and that's not including the "secret DLC" that might add Insomnia.

Is it this rumor?

DLC Episode Gladio: Adds a full 2-5h Gladiolus experience (time depends on the player) with a new dungeon along with Cor Leonis to make Gladio stronger, by the end you encounter Gilgamesh, a big gear with tons of blades. There will be some backstory about Clarus, Regis, Cor, Iris and Gladio. Also this dungeon will be added to the main game, you can go there with you party but the access to the final boss won't be available, it's only for episode gladiolus. This dungeon won't be accesible unless you have the Gladiolus Episode. More dialog than cutscenes and a lot of challenging enemy battles.

There's a lot of wrong here though.

motorheadyoda

Neo Member
Apparently when playing the game normally you have to choose between Chapter 13 or Chapter 13 Verse 2, but not both. So either way you don't get the full story.

FIX THIS TABATA.

Split the Noctis sections into Verse 1 and Verse 3. Once Noctis gets to Ravus, cut to Gladiolus, and then cut back to Noctis. Linear storytelling shouldn't be this difficult lol

seriously, SE has plenty of experience doing that. just look at the whole tunnel that was FFXIII.

Yuuuuuuuuup.

The crown still sits on his head as best villain.

Ardyn seriously is so well done. Love him. Definitely one of my favorite villains in the series, if not my favorite.

Well Episode Gladiolus was very short, finished the main part in about 1 hour 15 mins, but I enjoyed it. The environments were very nice, looked gorgeous towards the end with the sunrise. And the battle with Gilgamesh was probably one of my favourites from the entire game, with dat remix while also battling on a big bridge. Perfect.

Can't wait to get home and play this!

Socivol

Ardyn seriously is so well done. Love him. Definitely one of my favorite villains in the series, if not my favorite.

He is by far my favorite villain in the whole series. I love his design, his voice is perfect, and all roads lead to a win for him. He was just so good. The only thing I hate is we don't see more of his past or what he did in Niflheim.

Socivol

Episode Gladio is pretty short I beat it in about an hour and a half but it provides some good characterization of Gladio and to a lesser degree Cor.

spunodi

There was an early loading screen that went by too fast for me to read it at the beginning of Episode Gladio which talked about Ifrit vs. The Hexatheon - did anyone catch it? Some more astral lore is welcome.

BJK

Finished Ch 13 - endgame in 2 sittings.

The game's refusal to let the plot develop during the parts you actually play just kills me.

...wait, Prompto...why would you not be the "real" you? WTF was that about?

Nocht gets pulled into crystal- Bahamut tells him he's going to sacrifice himself. Immediately wakes up 10 years later, tells his friends he's ready to die...when he spent the unseen gap between chapters 9-10 moping about his dead girlfriend. We didn't get any of the moments needed to decompress with these characters; there were just narrative shortcuts taken.

Immortal villain who guides the hero into murdering villain is not exactly novel or interesting in isolation; making him a Doctor Who cosplayer didn't make it better.

I beat the game with Engine Blade 3 as my primary weapon...couldn't tell if I was doing shit damage, or if the solution for the absence of white magic was just to make enemies cheap-shot Nocht & Co., so that you have to use healing items. Hold down button to kill things is not a great fight mechanic- hard to imagine they could make combat less-engaging over FF13, but they found a way!

Couldn't believe they recycled the Leviathan fight mechanics for the final boss fight; it wasn't fun the first time.

Best part of the game is the Vesperpool dungeon where you ditch Gladio for Aranea...and they use the opportunity to build some story explanations In the process.

Can't help but feel disappointed that's all there was to the game.

Trance

Played over the course of a couple of months and just beat it today. This was a profoundly personal experience for me. The most a video game has been in my adult life (I'm almost 27). I'm sure that mantle will be taken up by Undertale when I eventually finish it.

The heart of this thing was the boy band's friendship, and even when the lore got convoluted the potential of the four being driven apart was what was always at stake. So, of course, that ending was killer. I have only played the patched version of chapter 13 (chose to follow Noct, haven't done Gladio yet), and I honestly loved it. I explored the world in the first half of the game so much that I ended up overleveling to 85, and I'm so glad I did. Being able to breeze through the tunnel half of the game meant none of it was a slog. I didn't have to hide during chapter 13, but rather Noct was straight up storming the castle. It took it from a survival desperation to an angry desperation, and that makes his character feel so much stronger.

It's flawed for sure. Much of the dialogue is stilted and overleveling did create some dissonance when I was clearly intended to have a tough time, narratively. But in the first half of the game the stakes were low enough and the plot involved enough waiting around, so all my exploration didn't feel like neglectful dicking around. I was on one last adventure with my buddies to see the world before I had to yield to my royal duties, and that makes the emotional identification to the characters that much stronger even through awkward acting and voicing and writing. It's incredible how much being interactive and literally being the characters infuses a game with empathy and can make up for the roughness of other aspects.

Prompto's photography was what cemented this as an all time favorite. By reviewing them nightly, I doubly appreciated the journey the whole way, and the final choice to pick a photo (while they voice-over reminisce) was my climactic emotional beat. I cried three times during that final sequence: picking the photograph, mid-credits camping, Noct/Luna looking at the photograph.

Oh and how I loved chapter 10. It was a brilliant mid-point low moment for the protagonists. Ignis, the driver, the cook, the one who wears glasses so everything can be 100% clear, loses his eyesight. That's just damn good melodrama. In fact, once I bought that this was going to be over the top melodrama from the get go, I bought wholesale what this game was selling at its heart.

By contrast, an example story flaw for me was that I didn't buy Gladio's motivation quite as much when he was yelling at Noct that whole time. I liked that the drama happened, but the catalyst didn't sell well.

I also learned something about myself playing it. Games, more than other media, are like relationships to me. What I bring to a game affects my appreciation quite deeply. My favorite memory was auto-driving to Galdin Quay when Noct sat up on top of the headrest of the car while everyone was chatting, and I selected Matoya's Cave to play as the soundtrack. There's the nostalgia, but it also represents what JRPGs have taught me since i was little: fill in the blanks. Those turn based battles are just representations of action packed combat. Similarly, I filled in the blanks of their friendships and conversations. Not with concrete thoughts, but emotions. It's weird how this game feigning a meaningful group friendship with a lot of melodrama was able to make it feel so damn real by simply putting me in Noct's shoes and having me spend time with them for 71 hours. Can't wait to do some post game.

Nostalgia, friendship, time to think and relax. This game has its share of flaws. But on the balance, FFXV improved my life for the past 2 months.

Toth

Awesome to hear how much of a positive experience for you. It's amazing how they completely turned around Prompto's character from Episode Duscae with the introduction of his little camera. Such an integral part of the entire game that makes it so lasting.

I picked this game up around launch but only now got to finally make it through the story. There's definitely a lot of flaws in the plot; if I didn't know Luna from watching Kingsglaive and all the pre-release material then I would have had literally no impact from her death. Even now it was fairly mild. It's crazy that her and Noctis don't actually interact at all as a adults in this story. For all that they played her up as this counterpart to Noct: the Oracle and the King, they threw her aside really quickly. Like they wanted an Aerith situation but couldn't actually invest in building up that character.

It also feels super disjointed at points: Here's a guy named Jared, Jared's dead; feel sad, oh you're in Altissia, now you're in this one bog in the Empire, now you're in Tenebrae for like a second to talk to a random lady, okay now you're in Gralea.

It definitely feels like their scope was not able to be accomplished without a ton more money and time which they couldn't spare.

And so with that said... I think this is my favorite Final Fantasy that I've played.

Despite some of the character weirdness, the development of the core cast was great; their dynamic was strong and evolved throughout. Noctis got some serious development and became the kind of kingly figure he needed to without it feeling forced. Ardyn is also a pretty entertaining villain, and his backstory is a fairly intriguing one as it paints his history in some shades of gray that were refreshing. Having played on the most recent patch it was also good getting more info on Ravus and his motivations. All in all, I actually really loved Chapter 13 when I played it post-patch.

The ending was what really set my appreciation for the game and the ambitions of its story in stone. Going back to Insomnia had a really cool double meaning; yes it was all the characters going back to their home, but it was also the players who have followed this game for a decade going back to the city which all the original game footage focused around (they even throw in Noctis's original outfit in the final boss). It really felt like a culmination to the whole journey, in and out of the game.

And then there's the picture scene just before the final boss. Give all you crap you must about various design decisions the game devs here made. The choice to make you review your pictures at the end of each day was an excellent move that reinforced that this really was a road trip among friends, a journey centered on a group of people. And then at the end reviewing your journey; truly seeing it image-by-image as the whole crew comments on it, and picking your favorite picture. Great stuff.

The bittersweet ending is also a bit refreshing; it isn't a "everyone lives happily ever after" situation and the impact of that gives a lot of weight to the story as a whole.

And then of course, after all is said and done, they end it on what truly feels like a bittersweet, but pitch-perfect note.

"You guys...

"... are the best"

Ah, so that's what they mean when they say something can be more than the sum of its parts.

Is it just me who likes Luna more in retrospect? My only real complaint is dat screentime (and also some scenes in Kingsglaive are irksome but I don't know if that's a character problem per se or more of a production problem).

I know people shit on her for being weak and how Tabata talked about her "strength" but really she was a crux for Noctis ect , but I actually really like her resolve as a character. Her knowing that she and Noctis were going to die, and in a sense she sent Noctis to his death is actually really tragic and sad to me. Also her scene with Ravus is more tragic to me now! I think she was in a lot of pain. Just wish we got a tinsey bit more of her before her untimely death. I actually wouldn't mind a Luna DLC. Also the producers better make Tenebrae better in their patches!

I'm looking forward to my second play through when all the DLC is done. I still think the game is a solid 8.5, and hopefully the improvements can move it up more.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
ok. I have some questions about the ending. Or rather, need someone to inform me if my 'interpretation' is correct:

- Chapter 13 happens, Prompto is captured by Ardyn and the game (very badly) reveals that Prompto was maybe a lab creation or a test tube baby ?

- Noct finds the crystal, gets sucked in, meets Bahamut and spends some unknown number of time in the Crystal, to him it may have been instantaneous or a short time but by the time he regains consciousness in the real world, 10 years have passed.

- The team infiltrates insomnia, runs into Ifrit working with Ardyn and Shiva helps beat Ifrit, after which they run into Ardyn. For some reason Ardyn has 'images' of Noct's father, Luna and one other person hanging on chains. Who is the third person ? Is it that short haired super powerful soldier guy from the beginning who gives Noct the key for the royal weapon vaults ?

- Noct then kills Ardyn, but then Noct uses an unexplained ritual to summon the past kings and has them kill *him* and then has some kind of post-death fight in the afterlife with Ardyn where he completely eliminates Ardyn like soul and all.

- At that point the sun comes up, the eternal night ends and the world is saved and the game ends with Noct and Luna having their happily ever after and ruling together in heaven.

- The ending scene with the gang around the campfire and Noctis saying "You guys are the best" is either a flash back or maybe they all died at the end and that's the team meeting in the afterlife. I'm leaning more towards it being a flashback, part of the last campfire they had before infiltrating insomnia.

I read somewhere that there's a dungeon which you can only reach with the flying car which maybe tells more about Ifrit's downfall, I haven't finished all the post-game content yet.

Did I understood all the above right ?

grimmiq

- The team infiltrates insomnia, runs into Ifrit working with Ardyn and Shiva helps beat Ifrit, after which they run into Ardyn. For some reason Ardyn has 'images' of Noct's father, Luna and one other person hanging on chains. Who is the third person ? Is it that short haired super powerful soldier guy from the beginning who gives Noct the key for the royal weapon vaults ?

From what I remember, it was Iedolas(white robe bad guy) Regis, Luna, Nyx (Main character from the Kingsglaive movie)

From what I remember, it was Iedolas(white robe bad guy) Regis, Luna, Nyx (Main character from the Kingsglaive movie)

Yeah, it was Nyx.
I'm surprised he didn't play a larger role in the story in the game, although he only really interacted with Luna, so I guess it would've required her to be a bit more prominent.

MilkBeard

- The ending scene with the gang around the campfire and Noctis saying "You guys are the best" is either a flash back or maybe they all died at the end and that's the team meeting in the afterlife. I'm leaning more towards it being a flashback, part of the last campfire they had before infiltrating insomnia.

Did I understood all the above right ?

Pretty sure they are just showing a flashback of them talking around the 'final campsite' before they enter Insomnia. They saved this scene for the credits so it would have more impact after all is said and done.

adamsapple

Thanks guys.

Also, I just love how they casually throw away the king of the empire's fate by showing his robes on the throne. That's all you need to know about that weasel of a character's fate.

Though I hoped the game would do more with Luna's brother character. His zombified form and the final fight seemed very anti climactic.

Also, surprised they bothered including Nyx in the game. I didn't get a good look at the model so couldn't tell how accurately it was modeled after Kingsglaive.

MilkBeard

Thanks guys.

Also, I just love how they casually throw away the king of the empire's fate by showing his robes on the throne. That's all you need to know about that weasel of a character's fate.

Though I hoped the game would do more with Luna's brother character. His zombified form and the final fight seemed very anti climactic.

Also, surprised they bothered including Nyx in the game. I didn't get a good look at the model so couldn't tell how accurately it was modeled after Kingsglaive.

Yeah, that scene happened so quickly that I didn't even notice it was Nyx there with the others.

Also, I agree about Ravus. He was a cool character, and the fact that they stuck some important story element in Chapter 13 verse 2 is a little bit of a shame. That was an important scene that should have been in the main experience.

Thanks guys.

Emperor Aldercapt was turned into that powerful Daemon that you fight in chapter 13.

Arkeband

Banned
Pretty sure they are just showing a flashback of them talking around the 'final campsite' before they enter Insomnia. They saved this scene for the credits so it would have more impact after all is said and done.

The ending is like this:

• Noctis tells them to take over in his absence.
  • Noctis walks into the room alone and Super Seppuku's to be able to kill Ardyn's astral/spirit form, with everyone lending their strength momentarily from within his (Kingdom) Heart (IS LIGHT!!!)
  • Sun rises on a new day with a shot of empty camping chairs left by the guys (rude ass campers)
  • Noctis and Luna look at picture of something relevant (or Gladio's butt) in the afterlife and hijack the logo.
  • Flashback to campfire scene to show they had one last bonding moment to tell them he loved them before he went off on his suicide mission to make the player sad again.

adamsapple

Emperor Aldercapt was turned into that powerful Daemon that you fight in chapter 13.

Which one ? the big iron giant which jumps down when you exit the throne room after regaining Noct's weapons ?

The ending is like this:

Noctis tells them to take over in his absence.
Noctis walks into the room alone and Super Seppuku's to be able to kill Ardyn's astral/spirit form, with everyone lending their strength momentarily from within his (Kingdom) Heart (IS LIGHT!!!)
Sun rises on a new day with a shot of empty camping chairs left by the guys (rude ass campers)
Noctis and Luna look at picture of something relevant (or Gladio's butt) in the afterlife and hijack the logo.
Flashback to campfire scene to show they had one last bonding moment to tell them he loved them before he went off on his suicide mission to make the player sad again.

Ok, good summary. Looks like I had most of it down correct but the game was really vague about how the events took place. Also, I cheated a bit and had glanced at the 'FFXV alternate ending' topic and used the picture of the wedding dress. It wasn't THAT different, just a few more seconds focused on Luna's face where you see tears building up. I looked at the 'normal' ending on youtube after.

Which one ? the big iron giant which jumps down when you exit the throne room after regaining Noct's weapons ?.

No, the one that you need to survive against when you're waiting for the elevator to come down. It's tall, a dark red and grey colour, and has wings on its arms.

maxresdefault.jpg

adamsapple

No, the one that you need to survive against when you're waiting for the elevator to come down. It's tall, a dark red and grey colour, and has wings on its arms.

Oh, I remember that thing. Is there any file or document in the game that states that this dude is the emperor or is this info derived from the ultimatia etc guides ?

edit: if it's in the Verse 2 of chatper 13, I haven't played it yet. Will play it over the weekend.

Toth

Oh, I remember that thing. Is there any file or document in the game that states that this dude is the emperor or is this info derived from the ultimatia etc guides ?

It was heavily implied and then confirmed outright in the Gladio Chapter 13 addition.

EGOMON

I am still blown by the untold backstory of the game, Eos and her twin childs Ardyn and Izuna the half Astral Lucian kings, Ifrit is the good guy and the dead body of Eos and Ifrit at the rock of Ravatogh

MilkBeard

edit: if it's in the Verse 2 of chatper 13, I haven't played it yet. Will play it over the weekend.

Chapter 13 Verse 2 shows it explicitly, which is why I said it was strange that they stuck some important stuff in that optional sequence. The main sequence alludes to this by having his voice, and he talks about how he deserved ultimate power, blah blah blah, but it was pretty subtle. I would recommend watching verse 2 sequences on Youtube, or next time you play the game.

EGOMON

Well Noct was not wearing the ring during this scene so it must have happened after he killed Ardyn and the ring shattered so it implies that all are dead

Well Noct was not wearing the ring during this scene so it must have happened after he killed Ardyn and the ring shattered so it implies that all are dead

Noctis puts the ring on when they enter Insomnia though. Watch the intro cutscene of when they enter the city. He slips it on and they walk forward iirc.

adamsapple

Noctis puts the ring on when they enter Insomnia though. Watch the intro cutscene of when they enter the city. He slips it on and they walk forward iirc.

True. I thought it was an odd decision to have the camera focus on him putting the ring on. I assumed he would always leave it on after starting to use it.

MilkBeard

Nope, the context of the scene is that it is their final camp before entering Insomnia. Even the awkwardness and emotion that Noctis feels, because he knows he will lose them shortly afterward, insinuates this.

But the little ring scene I think was to make sure the physical link was there. I didn't even notice it, to be honest, but I knew that this was a flashback once Noctis started talking. If they were all alive in the "afterlife" it would have been more like the scene with Luna, people would have been happier or at least showing relief. This is definitely their scene before the big battle, where Noctis has his final chance to say how much he appreciates them.

adamsapple

I really wanted to see the 10 year later version of Cindy after Noct wakes up and was surprised to hear Cid is still alive at that time lol.

Also, as said in the other OT, Death Magic is pretty game breaking. I've been using it to kill all the high level hunts and gain shit tons of EXP. Should be hitting level 99 in a few more hunts/side quests.

Also. Bearded Noct is the superior look IMO. Makes him look so much more cooler and badass.

whiny brat:

bearded badass:

ToonLink

So... I picked up the game during the PSN sale and just finished it today. Honestly not sure what to think at the moment (and not sure if anyone is still reading this thread), but I have a question. Besides act 2 of chapter 13, was anything else story related changed/updated post-release?

Xmengrey

Huh... weird.

There's a guy who posts on an Arabian forum, claims to be an insider. He previously "leaked" Star Ocean V and FFVIIR a while before their announcements. He now claims that's the "Versus XV" thing have actually been discussed internally, and that it has a good chance of happening.

I mean, take it with a huge grain of salt, I just thought that might be interesting for some people here.
So what Arabian forum is this and how reputable?

Xmengrey

Its fake.. Already said. No versus, only ffxv dlc to complete the storyline.
Me I'm just curious of which forum so I can see myself since this rumor also showed up this year

On the DLC note they aren't completing the game anymore they are doing alternate reality stuff now so who knows Versus could happen in the future if this is what they are doing.

Me I'm just curious of which forum so I can see myself since this rumor also showed up this year

On the DLC note they aren't completing the game anymore they are doing alternate reality stuff now so who knows Versus could happen in the future if this is what they are doing.

Versus dlc never happen it would need lot of work, and its already confirmed to fake...ffxv dlc Its not really alternate reality, ardyn dlc is not,Luna and aranea dlc is not, maybe noctis but maybe.

Xmengrey

Versus dlc never happen it would need lot of work, and its already confirmed to fake...ffxv dlc Its not really alternate reality, ardyn dlc is not,Luna and aranea dlc is not, maybe noctis but maybe.

Not a DLC Versus XV is talking about a new game like a XV-2 but telling the story of Versus XIII

Xmengrey

Its already confirmed to be fake, just google it...

Square didn't confirm nor deny anything

If you are referring to the "leak" that said Versus XV was fake well the leak is verified and some people like Robert Campbell someone who works for or worked at Square said the entire leak was fake

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Finally got to it and finished the damn thing (after fantastic ff7 remake)
Well I loved the atmosphere, some of the music and graphics. The overall theme was very inspiring.
The leisure boyband gameplay was also quite relaxing and cool in the first half of the game.
2nd more linear part had some great moments too. Aranea boobs will forever stay in my memory...

BUT:
-The combat sucks when it gets harder 2d part of the game. It's fun and cool looking in the beginning but gets tiresome and very repetitive with warping.
-The ending gauntlet of bosses? I mean wtf ?!!!! It was so frustrating and repetitive. And the game got way harder just like that.
-Why there were 13 great kings if You are 114th king? Why they look like monsters, aliens and angels but your dead father looks normal?
-What's up with the big gods and that one grandpa god helping you out sometimes?
-That's quite an ending.. not... You return after 10 years (was it a blink for noctis or did he sit in the cell for 10 years ?!) and we are suppose to believe that there is any humanity left aside from cindy camp and the lestallum ?
-I guess there is no rebuilding of crown city since they say in the beginning "people are holding up in their homes after empire took over"... so they are all dead. There is nobody to rebuild.
-10 years of night would ruin the ecosystem.
-Is Noctis and Luna dead?! What is that scene at the end with flowery throne room?

Oh I and ... as usual regret playing pc version. 3700x and 3080 but the game was stuttering and had terrible fps drops (to 15fps) in few cutscenes and in some levels like the train if looked the wrong way.
And it crashed on me 3 times straight to the desktop... just after beating the boss and I had to do it all over again... I always do this. I go with pc version because I can ramp up the graphics but then I regret it. FF7 on ps5 just ran flawlessly, never bugged or crashed and loading times were nonexistent. This ran 50 to 70fps with crashes, stutter and drops. I am too old for this shit.

But the game is quite something. Incoherent mess but left me with a good feeling

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Finally got to it and finished the damn thing (after fantastic ff7 remake)
Well I loved the atmosphere, some of the music and graphics. The overall theme was very inspiring.
The leisure boyband gameplay was also quite relaxing and cool in the first half of the game.
2nd more linear part had some great moments too. Aranea boobs will forever stay in my memory...

BUT:
-The combat sucks when it gets harder 2d part of the game. It's fun and cool looking in the beginning but gets tiresome and very repetitive with warping.
-The ending gauntlet of bosses? I mean wtf ?!!!! It was so frustrating and repetitive. And the game got way harder just like that.
-Why there were 13 great kings if You are 114th king? Why they look like monsters, aliens and angels but your dead father looks normal?
-What's up with the big gods and that one grandpa god helping you out sometimes?
-That's quite an ending.. not... You return after 10 years (was it a blink for noctis or did he sit in the cell for 10 years ?!) and we are suppose to believe that there is any humanity left aside from cindy camp and the lestallum ?
-I guess there is no rebuilding of crown city since they say in the beginning "people are holding up in their homes after empire took over"... so they are all dead. There is nobody to rebuild.
-10 years of night would ruin the ecosystem.
-Is Noctis and Luna dead?! What is that scene at the end with flowery throne room?

Oh I and ... as usual regret playing pc version. 3700x and 3080 but the game was stuttering and had terrible fps drops (to 15fps) in few cutscenes and in some levels like the train if looked the wrong way.
And it crashed on me 3 times straight to the desktop... just after beating the boss and I had to do it all over again... I always do this. I go with pc version because I can ramp up the graphics but then I regret it. FF7 on ps5 just ran flawlessly, never bugged or crashed and loading times were nonexistent. This ran 50 to 70fps with crashes, stutter and drops. I am too old for this shit.

But the game is quite something. Incoherent mess but left me with a good feeling

Holding up in their homes implies they're alive. And in their homes. You run into an entire rebel outfit in the Insomnia underground led by Cor. There are survivors.

The "giants and old grandpa," that help you out are Celestials, basically demigods, and I can't remember super clearly, but Luna as the oracle has a pilgrimage to basically commune with these spirits to enlist their aid to Noctis, the prophesied last King of Insomnia.

And yeah, they're dead at the end. Happy after life ending.

Top Bottom