• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SPOILER THREAD

Koozek

From an Italian interview (thanks to Mognet's @Storm):
Q: Did some parts of the story got deleted during the game's development, if so which ones?

A: There's nothing that has been cut away from the story when, at the start, we though about the game's scenario. There are some elements that are not present in the game and they will be added as add-ons. The main game tell the story from Noct's perspective, the thing that we want to do is to add the perspective of our 3 allies and, in the end, even the final boss's one.​

Ardyn DLC incoming?

j7ICduY.png

Macnair

Noctis should have seen Iris in the World of Ruin. If he did, he should have stayed there longer, have a family and continued with his life with Iris until deciding to finish Ardyn. Luna is already dead anyway.

Still sad with the ending...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Well, cause the game's scenario wasn't ever finished. Got em.

I'd say it's complete but it lacks the other perspectives like the point of view of Ardyn and how it went down to the empire, more in-depth details regarding Luna, and what happened to the world during the latter half of the game.

If it's timing and budget, I get it since the game was originally a trilogy and is pretty massive. But if it's because "game design decisions", then that's a very questionable design.

Toth

I'd say it's complete but it lacks the other perspectives like the point of view of Ardyn and how it went down to the empire, more in-depth details regarding Luna, and what happened to the world during the latter half of the game.

If it's timing and budget, I get it since the game was originally a trilogy and is pretty massive. But if it's because "game design decisions", then that's a very questionable design.

Agreed, the game itself is a complete story and you can kind of fill in parts of it by looking for bits and pieces there. However, it sorely needed the 3 bro's sections and more Luna/ empire/ Regis stuff to really make the story more coherent / tied together and that was a poor choice overall. At least it will be corrected.

Agreed, the game itself is a complete story and you can kind of fill in parts of it by looking for bits and pieces there. However, it sorely needed the 3 bro's sections and more Luna/ empire/ Regis stuff to really make the story more coherent / tied together and that was a poor choice overall. At least it will be corrected.

Basically, it lacks what most other FFs would've naturally included in their stories. It is kinda like some of the information and backstory and such presented in the database and novellas of FFXIII. As much as I liked FFXV, I hope this type of storytelling isn't a trend in the series going forward.

TissueBox

Tabata: ”Quite some time has passed now... After we had switched from Versus to XV, the first decision we made was to make sure that FFXV would have a complete, coherent story in one game.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/0...i-any-more-says-director/#YsR0oVMq4I6mWBLU.99

Tabata:”The world and the events that Noctis sees are merely things that are seen through his eyes. We didn't want to create a comprehensive and perfectly balanced story in this game."
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/...-xv-story-imbalances-latter-half-game-linear/

tumblr_inline_nsnenwJd2S1sr2nja_540.jpg

Lmaoo, FFXV... had a hard life..

I finally got around to beating this game last weekend. I loved it. I liked the story, a lot. I was getting a FFVI feel. Both games had it where the bad guy had fucked up the world, but our group rights the wrong later.

It's a tragedy, but a redemption story. I liked it a lot.

Lucael

That's an interesting point. Honestly I can't find anything about redemption in the story, only a tragic story for a tragic prince 😑 Growing up in a royal family, staying away ten years from the girl he loves (or at last he'supposed to) and then see her killed, forced to left his home, his father killed and his country invaded, sleep for ten (?) years and then fulfill his destiny, sacrifice to save the world. And if you look at the bro group, one is his caretaker and another one is his training teacher. The only one resembling a friend is Prompto.

When a lot of JRPG theme was free will VS destiny, FFXV came up as the more conservative JRPG I ever played.

I finally got around to beating this game last weekend. I loved it. I liked the story, a lot. I was getting a FFVI feel. Both games had it where the bad guy had fucked up the world, but our group rights the wrong later.

Awesome! ^_^

Welcome to the FFXV train. :D

That's an interesting point. Honestly I can't find anything about redemption in the story, only a tragic story for a tragic prince 😑 Growing up in a royal family, staying away ten years from the girl he loves (or at last he'supposed to) and then see her killed, forced to left his home, his father killed and his country invaded, sleep for ten (?) years and then fulfill his destiny, sacrifice to save the world. And if you look at the bro group, one is his caretaker and another one is his training teacher. The only one resembling a friend is Prompto.

When a lot of JRPG theme was free will VS destiny, FFXV came up as the more conservative JRPG I ever played.

I may be a little biased, but I think FFXV does a lot to subvert the tropes of the genre. While there are still a few in the game, many tropes don't pop their head out. And I legit enjoyed that.

ramyeon

Trailer for the update coming out this Tuesday.

So...nothing in that chapter 13 update sounds fun enough for me to replay a save to get back up to it. The cutscenes maybe. Then again I thought chapter 13 was mostly okay so maybe I'm not the best judge of it.
I would love to play the new chapter 13 stuff but likewise I just don't have the time to replay this game. Honestly wish there was a chapter select function after beating it since they're implementing these kinds of updates.

Koozek

I would love to play the new chapter 13 stuff but likewise I just don't have the time to replay this game. Honestly wish there was a chapter select function after beating it since they're implementing these kinds of updates.
There is. You can select Chapter 13 from the main menu.

Is the Chapter 13 stuff free or part of the Gladio DLC?

I mean, it would be a bit weird to have the biggest draw for the DLC (playing as Gladio) for free in actual main quest content. But oh well.

I'm actually happy because I left FFXV at chapter 13 two months ago (I was bored) so now I'll be able to play through it with revamped spells! woot

Socivol

Chapter 13 Verse 2 just makes Ardyn even more of an asshole. I love that character so much. He literally doesn't give a fuck and that's endearing.

True Fire

This scene was short, nonsensical (how did they get those camera angles from one security tape?), but I loved it. I thought it was a fairly effortless way to explain multiple plot holes that they should have included in the first place.

The moment with Ravus giving up the sword was pretty touching too.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Episode Gladio:
Topless Gladio
costume is available when doing the bonus stuff.

True Fire

Apparently when playing the game normally you have to choose between Chapter 13 or Chapter 13 Verse 2, but not both. So either way you don't get the full story.

FIX THIS TABATA.

Split the Noctis sections into Verse 1 and Verse 3. Once Noctis gets to Ravus, cut to Gladiolus, and then cut back to Noctis. Linear storytelling shouldn't be this difficult lol

Apparently when playing the game normally you have to choose between Chapter 13 or Chapter 13 Verse 2, but not both. So either way you don't get the full story.

FIX THIS TABATA.

Split the Noctis sections into Verse 1 and Verse 3. Once Noctis gets to Ravus, cut to Gladiolus, and then cut back to Noctis. Linear storytelling shouldn't be this difficult lol

I was expecting this.. they went the lazy route. I wouldn't be surprised if a modders (on a future pc release) actually fix it.

benzy

FIX THIS TABATA.

You can switch between both when you rest in that one room with multiple beds.

Well Episode Gladiolus was very short, finished the main part in about 1 hour 15 mins, but I enjoyed it. The environments were very nice, looked gorgeous towards the end with the sunrise. And the battle with Gilgamesh was probably one of my favourites from the entire game, with dat remix while also battling on a big bridge. Perfect.

Top Bottom