• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SPOILER THREAD

SoulUnison

Banned
When you visit hammerhead for the last time and stay in the mobile home, coming out of it Gladiolus mentions something about being engaged. Is it a known character or is it just no one introduced in the game?

ABJDE0L.jpg

This is why Gladio and Prompto stopped hanging out over the 10 years.

Zafir

4. Agreed. The only comfort we get is that Aranea randomly comes in on night fights after chapter 7. Wish we got more of Cor. Hell, the "hunter" in the powerplant should have been Cor ffs and not gladio. Missed opportunity.

Random thought of the day about Aranea. I've heard of people getting her in post-game, but it actually doesn't make much sense at that point.

In post-game the game reverts back to the usual dawn is 4am, and dusk starts at 4pm. However, when you do chapter 7, the starscourge had already set in, and the night had extended to dawn starting at 8am, and dusk starting at 2pm.

Consequently, one can assume the time warp actually goes back before the starscourge had set in, but Aranea would have still been in the Empire at that point, and not your "ally".

Why yes, I am pretty bored at the moment to think of such random curiosities.
:p

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Aranea is a better fit for Prompto anyway, pragmatism to balance out his dreamer personality

Dimmle

Luna has probably five total minutes of screen time (probably?) and one of those scenes is entirely dedicated to communicating her feelings about her wedding dress.

TissueBox

I'm disappointed you don't get to see Cindy 10 years older version.

She'd pro'lly look exactly the same, just with a moustache.

It does suck how cut short the WoR segment feels overall yeah.

Luna has probably five total minutes of screen time (probably?) and one of those scenes is entirely dedicated to communicating her feelings about her wedding dress.

To be fair she's laser focused on the whole Starscourge/Noctis ordeal for pretty much the rest. I honestly wouldn't have minded seeing other sides to her, but actually, first it would've been nice if we got more than just 15 minutes in general lol.

Dimmle

To be fair she's laser focused on the whole Starscourge/Noctis ordeal for pretty much the rest. I honestly wouldn't have minded seeing other sides to her, but actually, first it would've been nice if we got more than just 15 minutes in general lol.

Yes, after making that observation I realized that one scene probably went further to characterize her than the rest of her duty-bound, self-sacrificial runtime.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Luna is probably one of the worst shafted in the game..and no i don't think her screentime in the movie balances it out like tons of people i've talked to have tried to use as a defense. It doesn't make up for it

Luna is probably one of the worst shafted in the game..and no i don't think her screentime in the movie balances it out like tons of people i've talked to have tried to use as a defense. It doesn't make up for it

Using a separate movie as a defense for anything in the game doesn't work for me in an argument. Game should have and could have fleshed everyone out better without the need of a 2 hour movie.

Dimmle

Kingsglaive can't even make up for Kingsglaive, let alone FFXV's handling of Luna.

that movie is TWO HOURS long, my GOD. TWO HOURS.

Fou-Lu

The more I think about the game the more I wish Iris and Aranea had been permanent party members. They are both great characters for the brief amount of time we see them and would have been great reps for the Monk and Dragoon classes.

Kingsglaive can't even make up for Kingsglaive, let alone FFXV's handling of Luna.

that movie is TWO HOURS long, my GOD. TWO HOURS.

Kingsglaive was a waste of time. Should have put the manpower towards more cutscenes for the game. I can't imagine the movie made a great deal of money either

TissueBox

Yeah not a good argument, the movie itself didn't even finish her story; just acted as a fun little prelude to make you more interested in it going into FFXV.

If it was a complete-feeling, multilayered, wholesome story on its own that tied into FFXV but also felt meaty by itself, well, yeah it would be different. But Kingsglaive feels more like a 'sneak peak' than a 'Part I'.

The more I think about the game the more I wish Iris and Aranea had been permanent party members. They are both great characters for the brief amount of time we see them and would have been great reps for the Monk and Dragoon classes.

I just wish Iris was at least invitable post-game. >_<

MechaX

ABJDE0L.jpg

Prompto forever alone

Not going to lie; my first thought was her too, but Gladio pulled that "eh, I can't let any of my bros meet her in person until someday and I never actually talk about her" shit and that is always shady as hell, so it's probably not her and it is probably a Vegas wedding.

Zomba13

Are you sure? Because I've seen no mention of it at all and you'd think it'd have been talked about more what with it being the super cool iconic suit from the party scene of vXIII. There is the Royal Raiment which is the pinstriped suit that Regis wears which came with some deluxe editions of the game (and I know at least the UCE) but I've not seen any mention of the suit. I know Amazon had the Road Trip thing that came with some classic FF weapons and the Gold Chocobo skin for the car.

Dimmle

Are you sure? Because I've seen no mention of it at all and you'd think it'd have been talked about more what with it being the super cool iconic suit from the party scene of vXIII. There is the Royal Raiment which is the pinstriped suit that Regis wears which came with some deluxe editions of the game (and I know at least the UCE) but I've not seen any mention of the suit. I know Amazon had the Road Trip thing that came with some classic FF weapons and the Gold Chocobo skin for the car.

I don't think it's Amazon because I certainly don't have it. I'm pretty sure it's a Best Buy thing?

Zomba13

I don't think it's Amazon because I certainly don't have it. I'm pretty sure it's a Best Buy thing?

This is why I hate preorder shit. Like, when the SE youtube channel did that load of uploads with like a billion videos showing off all the DLC I'm sure it missed some and seeing the black suit and that jacket makes me think that there is some super hidden DLC out there.

I don't understand (I mean I do) this stuff. No one can get the full experience unless you pay more than 10 times the price by buying the game from every store. I'm all for stuff like "early access" to the items, like you could find the Mage Mashers of Gae Bolg but later in the game or something, but instead it's a bunch of exclusive preorder items you can't get anywhere and ordering from their official store with the most expensive versions only gets you the bare minimum of preorder bullshit.

The ending fell completely flat for me.
If they had actually fleshed out the main characters I'm sure I would feel different, as it is I felt nothing. I already watched them die hundreds of times due to their repeated stupidity in battle, I was just happy that this time I wouldn't have to bail them out by using an item

Zafir

It especially doesn't make up for it when her dialogue is such shit in it. "Must get the ring to Noctis", "Must help Noctis to become king", "It's my duty", blah blah blah. Just awful. She just doesn't have a personality outside of helping Noctis. Which is tragic considering, she could have. There were glimmers of potential here and there, but man did they blow it.

Mailbox

It's so weird that Cor just vanishes.

the weirder thing is when they even mention how he's vanished
"what ever happened to that guy?"

There were at least two or three times I thought he was gonna show up again and I was disappointed each time.
Kinda wish he'd randomly help during the day like Aranea does at night.

Would be great if for hunts above level 40, he would have a small chance of joining in. shame.

TissueBox

the weirder thing is when they even mention how he's vanished
"what ever happened to that guy?".

One of the reasons I love Prompto, lol. Still doesn't give the plot a pass, but then again Tabata and the team were stuck with him I assume. (Him being Cor.)

I wonder what Cor's role used to be, given he used to be the fifth dude in the group in some of the early promo stuff.
final-fantasy-15-director-gets-advice-from-seriescwfd1920-1459390490607_large.jpg

MAN that is old alright lol. What a ride.

Mailbox

Wasnt cor helping the hunters?
Which is more weird since he knows about noctis' quest

Its shown that hunters are more like crownguard and are used for protecting the citizenry outside of the wall more than just money hunting. Since there is no army for the marshal to lead, he's effectively working in a militia group now.

Its not super weird when you think about it. though i would have liked him to appear on your journey more than twice.

Speaking of outfits, is this even real?

Did anyone actually buy the real jacket and get the dlc code? I wish this was just obtainable in game.
Wait, you had to buy a real version of that jacket in order to get it in the game? I remember hearing that jacket DLC was like $35, lol. No wonder I could find it on PSN.

I'm sure this hasn't been the first time this has been mentioned, but man the game just leaves out tons of story for what I feel like will be used for the DLC. I'm more specifically talking about how Prompto being a MT is thrown in there at the end, how Gladio just up and leaves when you're at Lestallum, and how you don't see Ignis lose his eyesight.

Also, would have loved to have had more Aranea in the game, easily one of my favorite side characters in it.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I'm sure this hasn't been the first time this has been mentioned, but man the game just leaves out tons of story for what I feel like will be used for the DLC. I'm more specifically talking about how Prompto being a MT is thrown in there at the end, how Gladio just up and leaves when you're at Lestallum, and how you don't see Ignis lose his eyesight.

Also, would have loved to have had more Aranea in the game, easily one of my favorite side characters in it.

I would happily buy a second game that just follows all the people that you meet for five minutes in this game. Cor, Aranea, Gladio's sister, those two Kingsglaive operatives.

MechaX

Wasnt cor helping the hunters?
Which is more weird since he knows about noctis' quest

I think the eternal answer is that Cor is doing badass shit on behalf of the hunters without you, forever.

When I think about it, would the game have really suffered from any respect if Cor was a permanent fifth dude in a five-man party?

I would happily buy a second game that just follows all the people that you meet for five minutes in this game. Cor, Aranea, Gladio's sister, those two Kingsglaive operatives.

If they could have BS'd a reason for both Nyx rising from the dead and being able to use warp strike powers, they... probably could do this.

Seriously, like give me XV-2 with Gladio's sister and Aranea teaming up, and then have the rest of the cool side characters have a more prominent role.

jimmypython

the way i look at it know is that this game is the last piece of Wada's legacy, which got cleared by Matsuda. Let's see what will become of SE under the current CEO and new business division-based new company structure.

DR2K

Banned
I just don't understand how a game that's been in planning and development for so many years can be so unifinished? Was there any advantage to using any of materials made prior to the conversion of V13 to 15. Why not just make a totally new game for XV?

Ishida

Banned
I just don't understand how a game that's been in planning and development for so many years can be so unifinished? Was there any advantage to using any of materials made prior to the conversion of V13 to 15. Why not just make a totally new game for XV?

That's exactly what "development hell" means.

I'm actually greatly surprised the game turned out to be great despite its troubled dev cycle.

jiggle

Its shown that hunters are more like crownguard and are used for protecting the citizenry outside of the wall more than just money hunting. Since there is no army for the marshal to lead, he's effectively working in a militia group now.

Its not super weird when you think about it. though i would have liked him to appear on your journey more than twice.

Priority wise
It just makes more sense, to me, that he helps noctis win back the kingdom and avenges his friend's/King's murder

When I think about it, would the game have really suffered from any respect if Cor was a permanent fifth dude in a five-man party?

If they could have BS'd a reason for both Nyx rising from the dead and being able to use warp strike powers, they... probably could do this.

Cor is too good looking and badass and will overshadow noctis
And Gladios' big muscles can't compete with Nyx's bum

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The cost of so many things added up and ate the budget
-multiple demo updates
-making cutscenes and segments that weren't even in the game, (oi that dawn trailer)
-the creative director spending a good amount of time on ATRs
-the unreasonably HUGE marketing budget
-fantasy based on feedback style development
-developing the engine alongside the game

and more, we're lucky the game turned out the way it did granted I haven't seen a game so transparently run out of funding and dev time since the order 1886 recycled the one boss fight for the second one.

Top Bottom