• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer | Lord Nomura giveth us His only Son so we may live

The revamped animation system is amazing.

I'm really liking the overhaul to the combat system, makes it look a lot more grounded.

On the negative side, the particle effects on Noct are way underdone, plus the warp transitions are too subtle. They were better 15 months ago. Maybe the effect increases as you level up.

Can't wait.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Trailer was fucking glorious. Everything I've wanted out of a Final Fantasy.
Yes. In the context of XIII, XIII-2, and LR, this is absolutely a return to form.

It's hard to articulate but when I say this gives me those sure fire vibes of older FF's, I mean it.

I'm talking about the times when FF was money. It was a sure thing. This feels like the closest thing to that since the PS2 days.

Soma

Full version of the promo art:

bgrbdaq.jpg

Final Fantasy Road Trip?

Fuck it I'm in!

FireVoa

My god, every time my hope for this game ever releasing dims a trailer ignites the passion two fold! Where do I even begin? The music, the juking enemy attacks, the teleporting, the cruising around with bros, the Stella nod, the injury to Noctis and he reacts accordingly, the music.... the music....

I wonder if the story changed in any way? The atmosphere and tone seemed a lot different from previous footage. Almost seemed like a love story compared to the full out war of other trailers.

KarmaCow

I guess we're alone. Oh well. This does not have the charm or soul of what I expect out of the series. At all. A bunch of dudes riding around in a car repeating the equivalent of a Michael Bay summer blockbuster dialogue? What am I missing?

Nothing, but it's not like they've been hiding this from everyone. The characters have always looked terrible.

orochi91

Yes. In the context of XIII, XIII-2, and LR, this is absolutely a return to form.

It's hard to articulate but when I say this gives me those sure fire vibes of older FF's, I mean it.

I'm talking about the times when FF was money. It was a sure thing. This feels like the closest thing to that since the PS2 days.

It's the prelude music that hit me with a wave of nostalgia. Beautiful :'D

Wendler

Banned
CN4B4sp.gif

Sasuke being featured in a car commercial? I thought Naruto stopped being cool years ago.

The open world visually and artistically looks rather generic and graphically underwhelming compared to the insane close-up character models.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Environments and creatures give me Xenoblade vibes.

I still don't believe this game is coming out.

Zhao_Yun

Just wanted to go to sleep when this popped up in my twitter feed. I liked what I saw and the music was fantastic. I have the feeling that this could become Shimomuras magnum opus.

It really looks like the reason its been invisible for so long was because they hadn't implemented the Luminous Engine all the way at E3 2013, and this may be the first gameplay we've seen with it fully incorporated.

Previously they had said that it was only using Luminous' lighting engine, but this looks nicer than before so I'm inclined to believe they are actually using their expensive ass engine finally.

Elios83

Trailer looks stunning, probably a bit too much "ride through jurassic park" but it's nice to see that they're bringing a few classic beasts back. Also seems like Noctis and crew will have a long journey by car.
I wonder how Luna is connected with Stella (they're both italian words, moon and star respecively). I don't think there's a name change...

Pyramidbread

Neo Member
I guess most of the people complaining out on the cars missed the "Fantasy based on reality" tagline that has been on literally every single Versus trailer.

Top Bottom