• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer | Lord Nomura giveth us His only Son so we may live

SeanTSC

iOLTAGTXPyWNl.gif

JoJoSono

Banned
Never cared for Shimomura. All her stuff sounds the same. Even parts of the new trailer sound excactly like strong parts of KH music. Her few tracks in Xenoblade sounded just like Kh music. Hope 15's ost is good though.

FYI, everyone's character models are new. More polys, subsurface scattering everywhere. etc.

No more repurposed PS3 models. Like holy shit, the upgrade is massive. Thank god, because the SSBWU-esque rim lighting on the models back in 2013 was terrible.

Now about the particles effects...

man, the more times i watch the less hyped i get. I thought we'd be getting kingdom hearts style combat, it looks so boring in this trailer. the driving on the road looks so wonky too, like it has no weight.

man i used to be so hyped for this. the designs for the main dudes keep getting worse. the gloves are cringe worthy.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Ok watching the trailer again (That damned music eeeek) it just hits all of the right notes. Reminds me a lot of VIII's style but much improved. Also anyone saying the graphics look worse than they did at E3 needs their eyes checked...... this looks a complete generation beyond the last trailer they showed and almost looks like a completely different engine. The combat looks very solid and seems to have a very good collision model as there are times in the trailer where enemies react to being hit in areas during what appears to be actual combat.
t7Okvtx.jpg

CnGxgDa.jpg

Teleport looks insane
PSnHRXx.png

WvN3jLa.jpg

Last two I haven't seen
yO6MZjx.png

3N9xtWz.jpg

Links should be fixed.

KoopaTheCasual

man, the more times i watch the less hyped i get. I thought we'd be getting kingdom hearts style combat, it looks so boring in this trailer. the driving on the road looks so wonky too, like it has no weight.

man i used to be so hyped for this. the designs for the main dudes keep getting worse. the gloves are cringe worthy.
What's boring about the combat? If anything I've learned from Souls, is that slower combat can be incredibly fun/exciting.

ramuh

What do you guys think would be the release date on this beauty? I'm thinking Holiday 2015. And it better be a simultaneous release worldwide..

wmlk

Looks much less button mashy. I couldn't be happier.

Einhander

The part of the trailer that I immediately take notice of is the driving in a sedan. That's truly grounded in reality. I thought of the Grand Theft Auto series during the car footage. This installment is going to be very different than previous FF games.

raven777

I hope the release some gameplay focused video in the future. It's really hard to tell the battle system from this new trailer.

What's boring about the combat? If anything I've learned from Souls, is that slower combat can be incredibly fun/exciting.
it just looks boring. I'm not saying slow combat isn't fun or anything but weren't we promised fast paced KH style combat? you go from expecting Noctis to be flying all over the place wrecking shit and it looks like the opposite of what i;ve been expecting. Not to mention that it just looks wonky.

The part of the trailer that I immediately take notice of is the driving in a sedan. That's truly grounded in reality. I thought of the Grand Theft Auto series during the car footage. This installment is going to be very different than previous FF games.
breh I was driving sedans in FF8!

Qvoth

lol @ the dialogue at the end.. love how s-e likes to make fun of themselves
i'm kinda glad at the slower battles, one of the 1st things i will always think of about FF is turn based battles, if i want a real s-e made arpg i'll play KH

watershed

Banned
I'm a little worried about all those battle animations. It seems like all those animations would slow down the gameplay as each button press leads to some kind of bumbling or stylish dance slash thing.

Yasae

Banned
it just looks boring. I'm not saying slow combat isn't fun or anything but weren't we promised fast paced KH style combat? you go from expecting Noctis to be flying all over the place wrecking shit and it looks like the opposite of what i;ve been expecting. Not to mention that it just looks wonky.
It's really never been shown in any other form; not sure what you were expecting.

Thoraxes

Even the old footage from years ago looked slow and clunky. The one with the night gameplay. Even the more recent stuff was not really that different, unless you thought the target render footage from last year-ish was going to be it.

Jarmel

Banned
I am ALL for this being a bro trip. Too many RPGs have a bloated cast and having only four party members really allows the game and story to focus on the relationship between the four.

Oh god I'm so fucking hyped after seeing that wallpaper.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ughhhh, can't wait.

Kagari, can you answer this: From your friends and colleages, does it sound like the game is at least "on schedule"? And bonus (you don't have to answer) was it due to Nomura's departure from the project?

Well, the "plan" is at least Japan by the end of 2015. I kind of expected them to announce that today. But maybe they don't want to commit to anything yet... cause, well you know. About Nomura leaving... well, let's just say that history tends to repeat itself more than some realize.

TaiKH92

Banned
Looks amazing now I hope there are many memorable moments, charming scenes, tons of content (mainly side content) and that the battle system isn't too mashy

What do you guys think would be the release date on this beauty? I'm thinking Holiday 2015. And it better be a simultaneous release worldwide..

E3 megaton of late 2015 is my hope, with an inevitable delay to 2016. Though I could easily see an announcement of simply "2016."

I am ALL for this being a bro trip. Too many RPGs have a bloated cast and having only four party members really allows the game and story to focus on the relationship between the four.

Oh god I'm so fucking hyped after seeing that wallpaper.
the bromance is half my hype for the game

What the fuck am I reading about "thematic consistency"...in a Final Fantasy game? There hasn't been "thematic consistency" since the series' SNES days.

I don't know why people can't understand the concept that contrasting elements can, in itself, provide a pleasing aesthetic design. Why do you think we see so many commercials of modern cars driving in curvy mountain roads? I'm assuming you guys complain "omg so inconsistent nature and mountains and a modern car OMG SO JARRING" whenever you see those commercials?

What's the alternative here? For the entire game to take place in a single city that has exact and uniform level of technology? I don't understand the complaint at all.

Top Bottom