• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI: The two DLC episodes will dive further into the world of FF16, where you can experience the "dark" and "mysterious" parts of Clive'

Draugoth

Gold Member
FF16 Director Takai talked briefly during the Playstation Partner Awards about the two DLCs they have planned! Takai: The two DLC episodes will dive further into the world of FF16, where you can experience the "dark" and "mysterious" parts of Clive's story.

We've also added more formidable bosses and battle content that you can enjoy. We hope you look forward to it!

Last edited:

Doom85

Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

The only way I’d be tempted to suffer through more XVI was if the DLC was about Cid, the only character I gave that much of a shit about in the game. Easy skip here.

Last edited:

Fbh

I'm hoping it's some sort of epilogue. Can't say I'm too interested in some side story that takes place in the middle of the game .
Leviathan seemed like an obvious story thread they left open for potential DLC, but it would be weird if they encounter it in the middle of the story and then no one mentions or references it moving forward.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Too late already traded it in make a better game next time.

Its a good game with some serious structural issues that make it seem less than the sum of its parts.

The combat system is very good, but by the time its fully developed there are too few compelling reasons to use it. The side-quests are so backloaded that if you make the mistake of being a completionist it totally kills the momentum as the story reaches its climax. Stuff like that.

Shifty1897

Leviathan the Lost
is definitely going to be related to one of those DLCs. Unfortunately what the game needs is not more content, it's a director's cut to trim the open world, the boring quests, and the crafting/equipment from the game until it's just Asura's Wrath 2: Badass cutscenes and badass action gameplay.

Last edited:

Zuzu

I want to sell my copy of this game but I also want to see to see how this DLC turns out.

Please put some actual RPG depth in the combat system into the DLC.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Can't wait. So if it's about Clive when will it be set I wonder. Perhaps during the timeskips?

Surely not post game. 👀

Edit: actually these may not necessairly be about Clive reading the quote again. It says his story, but could also mean the general events aroun his story but about other characters hmmm

Last edited:

Alebrije

Dark Lord Clive approach to a store and ask to the owner:

DLC: I am they darknest itself, and came for your stamina potions

Owner: I am afraid I am out of stock, that old woman at the corner took the last two ones.

DLC watch the old woman and and slowly approach to her while shadows and darknest flow the área.

DLC : I want those potions

Old Woman : Ho dear , I can give you them.but first I need some wild carrots and honey from the forest.

DLC : Carrots? Honey?

Old Woman : Yes two of each one.

DLC looks at the old lady for a seconds and then walks away ,he is ready for a new epic aventure at the forest..

Last edited:

sigmaZ

Dark Lord Clive approach to a store and ask to the owner:

DLC: I am they darknest itself, and came for your stamina potions

Owner: I am afraid I am out of stock, that old woman at the corner took the last two ones.

DLC watch the old woman and and slowly approach to her while shadows and darknest flow the área.

DLC : I want those potions

Old Woman : Ho dear , I can give you them.but first I need some wild carrots and honey from the forest.

DLC : Carrots? Honey?

Old Woman : Yes two of each one.

DLC looks at the old lady for a seconds and then walks away ,he is ready for a new epic aventure at the forest..
In order to get the ingredients to make these potions, you will need to go on a long arduous journey where you must talk to 100 NPCs in order to find and source the ingredients and then talk to them again in reverse to complete this quest. Your reward? A new sword with a whopping plus five attack power.

All of the complaints about this game are legitimate… but I still had a blast. Sorry to admit it but I have to be honest here.

I’m in for the DLC. Give me Leviathan.

Yea I love it. Just thought the SQ were stupid as hell minus a few towards the end. Not sure if I'll get the DLC I rarely play DLC.

rkofan87

Gold Member
I'm hoping it's some sort of epilogue. Can't say I'm too interested in some side story that takes place in the middle of the game .
Leviathan seemed like an obvious story thread they left open for potential DLC, but it would be weird if they encounter it in the middle of the story and then no one mentions or references it moving forward.
this i want to play jill oh well

PanzerCute

Its a good game with some serious structural issues that make it seem less than the sum of its parts.

The combat system is very good, but by the time its fully developed there are too few compelling reasons to use it. The side-quests are so backloaded that if you make the mistake of being a completionist it totally kills the momentum as the story reaches its climax. Stuff like that.
Exactly. Side quests are too simple and too numerous so they mess up with the pacing, and combat is great but the game is WAY too easy.
Oh and they were also too lean on the RPG side.

Great game nonetheless.

JeloSWE

FF16 is the only FF I've dropped mid way through. I might, just might pick it up if it comes to PC where we maybe just maybe can get a locked 60fps with decent resolution. But the world, general esthetical design and story didn't inspire me that much compared to all the previous installments.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
In order to get the ingredients to make these potions, you will need to go on a long arduous journey where you must talk to 100 NPCs in order to find and source the ingredients and then talk to them again in reverse to complete this quest. Your reward? A new sword with a whopping plus five attack power.
Need to make it so that each of those 100 NPCs will give you some tidbit of info like “the other day I was just standing there minding my own business when I saw this strange looking guy with his face covered up… he was holding an onion, and he scurried off when I approached him!”

After listening to all 100 of these dipshits yap about something nobody cares about, you will finally piece all the clues together: some bandits have been stealing all the ingredients and they’re hoarding them in the bandit hideout that’s like 100 feet outside of town.

sigmaZ

Need to make it so that each of those 100 NPCs will give you some tidbit of info like “the other day I was just standing there minding my own business when I saw this strange looking guy with his face covered up… he was holding an onion, and he scurried off when I approached him!”

After listening to all 100 of these dipshits yap about something nobody cares about, you will finally piece all the clues together: some bandits have been stealing all the ingredients and they’re hoarding them in the bandit hideout that’s like 100 feet outside of town.
This is almost too real it triggered me.

Top Bottom