• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Forms of the Alola Starter Pokemon Leaked [MASSIVE SPOILERS]

Which is the coolest?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ultimadrago

capturetoyh5.png

"I don't see a third option."

Perfect.

WhyMe6

I don't think Game Freak have anything against four-legged final evolutions, it's just they wanted to continue the theme of Litten being a little shit. I quite like the fact it turns into a dodgy wrestler.

I swear to god if Litten turns Fire/Fighting...

I'm hoping it's Fire/Dark.

Don't forget that Dark type is about being fighting with dirty and underhanded methods. So, based on that description, it's pretty certain to be Fire/Dark.

Requeim

Don't forget that Dark type is about being fighting with dirty and underhanded methods. So, based on that description, it's pretty certain to be Fire/Dark.

And to add to that, Dark would make it weak to fighting, which also makes sense in a way (as in pro wrestler being weak against an actual fighter).

Sou Da

This. It's just such a shitty and obnoxious design. Why is Game Freak so against a fire cat that stays on four legs? It doesn't matter if its technically not fire fighting, it still has the same design philosophy as the 3 fire fighters that came before it.

To me it seems like Game Freak can't handle many Pokemon being legitimately cool, they need to have some silly element added to them to make them comedic to balance the cool factor, and I'm kinda sick of it. Like most of the Gen 4 kanto evos, and most of the dragons being fat.

What's so wrong with a something like this? I get that it's pretty edgy, so tone that down a bit. But a fire saber tooth tiger is a million times cooler than some stupid joke wrestler evo.
It just gets bigger.

AetherZX

My problem with starter fakes is that they never seem to be terribly imaginative in the end. Always following a predictable fan impression.

Howlett/Litten evos are pretty cool but Popplio's evo is a huge letdown. Was really rooting for Popplio since it was the least favorite of the 3 starters but the final evo design just isn't my cup of tea at all. Sun/Moon is now the first gen where I don't pick a water starter which makes me a bit sad but I don't mind since Howlett and it's Archer evo is just too dope to not choose. Also Litten's evo hitting Pikachu with a table is too good lol, definite Heel move there. Yeah the typing(if Fire/Fighting) sucks but I have no doubt it would be hype as hell to watch in the anime like Greninja/Hawlucha......actually I would love to see it pop off mid-match lol!

I suspect that leaker may be mixing up that idea with Mega/Synchro versions.
Megas haven't even been announced. At this point I don't think Gamefreak cares to add them.

I thought this Z attack stuff was the Synchro? Considering how we have different forms of not only Alola Pokemon, but Pokemon from other region I could see something like this happening.

I feel like though maybe their design of like an archer owl will stay the same, but it'll have a different typing.

I love all three. Third best final starter evos after Gens IV and II.

The evos could literally have been anything and no-one would have liked them. No-one ever likes the starter evos.

AetherZX

Megas haven't even been announced. At this point I don't think Gamefreak cares to add them.

That means absolutely nothing. I don't see why they would suddenly "stop caring" about a mechanic they've marketed to death (and continue to) when it has proven itself to be well received and even improved a number of previously mediocre Pokemon.

I thought this Z attack stuff was the Synchro? Considering how we have different forms of not only Alola Pokemon, but Pokemon from other region I could see something like this happening.

Somewhat resembles it with the poses, but not entirely. Ash Greninja is an oddity that I doubt the anime is portraying as something on par with Megas and simultaneously having what looks like its own Z-move for nothing. There has to be another mechanic they've been hush about involving it and by extension, Mega Evolution.

That means absolutely nothing. I don't see why they would suddenly "stop caring" about a mechanic they've marketed to death (and continue to) when it has proven itself to be well received and even improved a number of previously mediocre Pokemon.

Somewhat resembles it with the poses, but not entirely. Ash Greninja is an oddity that I doubt the anime is portraying as something on par with Megas and simultaneously having what looks like its own Z-move for nothing. There has to be another mechanic they've been hush about involving it and by extension, Mega Evolution.

If they cared about Megas so much they could've made Exeggcutor just Mega evolve tbh

Cyndaquil also becomes a bipedal furry :^)

If Typhlosion is a furry then you have a broad definition of furry. Typhlosion kinda alternate between two and four legs as well.

Typhlosion is very clearly an animal that gets on two legs, kinda like a bear. This dumb wrestler looks like someone's fursona.

I don't even care if Litten is dark or fighting.

It carries over the design philosophy of becoming buff and bipedal and is trash regardless of the typing.

Game Freak has to hate quadripedals, I thought Litten was going to be on its way to being a nicely designed 4-legged critter, and instead we have the same old fighter motif.

I thought Fennekin was going to be a majestic Ninetails-esque fox too.

Same. I was disgusted when Delphox was revealed. Immediately went to the best choice, Chesnaught.
No one knew about how badass Greninja would be until after a good bunch of people finished the game and caught Protean ones from the Safari.

If Water/Fairy is really a thing, with good defensive stats Water 3rd evo might be pretty good in competitive.

Azumarill but Specially potent.

I don't see rowlet 3rd being any good unless he has a killer ability or super glass cannon stats.

aBarreras

maybe if people stop saying things like "absolute trash", "total garbage", "worst pokemon ever" "shit designs" and stuff like that

i dont understand why people are so freaking black and white on the internet, something is or the best or the worst, i didnt like litten final evolution that much, but im not saying is total trash and that gamefreak should commit seppuku

TheOGB

Banned
I... man, I really like Rowlett's final, but I just can't with Grass starters and... I cannot pass up on WRASSLE CAT

sorry guys I'm part of the problem

Macka

People have been saying, "Looks like Digimon!" since Gen 3.

Please. These starters are excellent.
Which starters do you dislike? Or is GameFreak incapable of anything other than perfection?

Different strokes for different folks man.

R0ckman

My problem with starter fakes is that they never seem to be terribly imaginative in the end. Always following a predictable fan impression.

At this point GF is like the opposite side of the same coin. You get uninspired typical fan art evos, other end you get uninspired 5 year old super hero crap. It started going to hell 3rd gen with Blaziken leading the path way to hell.

I'm legit surprised they were able to produce Greninja. Especially after the disasters from gen 5.

Sou Da

At this point GF is like the opposite side of the same coin. You get unispired typical fan art evos, other end you get unisnpired 5 year old super hero crap. It started going to hell 3rd gen with Blaziken leading the path way to hell.

I'm legit surprised they were able to produce Greninja. Especially after the disasters from gen 5.
Greninja is the same generic "badass" Pokémon though.

MrBadger

Yeah, I really don't like the cat wrestler. Why does every fire starter have to turn into some anthro animal? It's pretty formulaic at this point. The owl archer on the other hand is great.

Top Bottom