• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Jintor

It's still incredibly tragic that Nowi is somehow more popular than Anna. Disappointed.

Did some intense Google-Fuing, but can't seem to find a picture bigger than the example you already found. If I can dig up my 3DS again, I could take a snapshot of my own at risk of terrible picture quality, though.

Nah, he clearly missed Kellam.
ANna needs more supports

ohlawd

yeah it was a Kellam joke.

Moonlight and Anti win Tharja cookies!

Libra joke would work too but Kellam jokes are more popular so I went with that one.

Did some intense Google-Fuing, but can't seem to find a picture bigger than the example you already found. If I can dig up my 3DS again, I could take a snapshot of my own at risk of terrible picture quality, though.

Thanks for trying.

Maybe a pic will show up on the weekend.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I knew what you were getting at, but I thought you might not want it answered at the bottom of the page :x

Busaiku

I wish they used the results of that Facebook poll to determine US choices.
Walhart would've been amazing.

Walhart/Henry and Tharja/Anna.
US choices definitely would've been better.

I wish they used the results of that Facebook poll to determine US choices.
Walhart would've been amazing.
I could deal with Henry if we got Walhart in a speedo. I'm not sure why they didn't just add some more CGs.

But the Facebook poll wasn't really a good indicator IMO. I hope they do another one (not through Facebook) that includes all the characters.

CorvoSol

Cousins can love each other not romantically!

I dunno, I consider my barely even liking most of my cousins as a hallmark of my being civilized.

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I'm still debating if I even want the Fanservice DLC pack or not.

Busaiku

Haven't played in a while, and probably still won't any time soon, but just wondering, how's the difficulty of that Challenge Pack or whatever>
Rogues & Redeemers is also a 5 star thing, but I didn't really find it very difficult at all.

Haven't played in a while, and probably still won't any time soon, but just wondering, how's the difficulty of that Challenge Pack or whatever>
Rogues & Redeemers is also a 5 star thing, but I didn't really find it very difficult at all.
Around the same, but they have specific criteria to get the rewards which make them more difficult.

The settings are much more interesting though. Not just the same cameo characters fighting each other over and over.

Why did Gaius of all people rank so high.

He's just one big sweets joke.
There's more to Gaius than just that though. See: stuff like his supports with Chrom, his conversation with Libra in Harvest Scramble, and his unmarried conversation with the Avatar in Summer Scramble. He really is a pretty awesome character all-around, especially once you learn what makes him tick other than just sweets.

Apparently Sully is very high up the chain in Western polls/the Western fanbase. Must be a cultural thing.

I'm sure, but that's still pretty sad to me.

I mean, isn't the whole cast in this a series of one-note instruments for the most part though? That's not necessarily a bad thing for the variety you get I don't think. Doesn't bother me as long as I don't really hate their respective trope (/cough Nowi)

Could be worse, could be like Chrono Cross' cast.

My main interest is in seeing how the 1D personalities overlap in the convos anyways.

McNum

Hm, just realized something that makes EXPonential Growth a little less attractive. With so few fights per level, you won't get much Weapon EXP. You'll end up as a high level character with iron weapons if you just grind that.

I suppose the cure for that is spawning low level Risen and having your guy beat up those afterwards.

CorvoSol

Real talk Gaius and Nowi are the worst characters in the game.

14 bucks? Each pack is around $6.50. (Unless you are talking a cumulative amount, in which case it will be more.)

Right now in Japan and North America.

I bought 1 pack already. 650 plus another 650 for the fanservice pack would come to approx 14 bucks.

Draxal

Cherche should be in front of cordelia.

I'd say she got the short stick for coming in so late.

Nope, Cherche doesn't have the insanely hilarious supports like Cordelia's and Frederick's and she 's kinda one of the worst characters gameplay wise.

Gaius is good because of all the nicknames he gives the characters, Bubbles; Blue etc.

McNum

Ooh, got Titania as a Spotpass character today. She sells, surprisingly, Titania's Axes. C rank axes with 12 Mt and an avoid bonus on the Enemy Phase? I'll take it! Great weapon for training up lowbies, I'd imagine.

Out of curiosity how does the spotpass stuff work in this game? You leave the wifi on while on sleep mode and things happen on the world map or do you have to finish the game first for things to appear.

McNum

storafötter;56744996 said:
Out of curiosity how does the spotpass stuff work in this game? You leave the wifi on while on sleep mode and things happen on the world map or do you have to finish the game first for things to appear.
Just leave your 3DS in sleep mode near a Wi-Fi access point it can access. You'll find goodies in the Bonus Box in the Wireless menu. As soon as you unlock the Wireless menu in the game, you can use it. So after chapter 4, I believe.

Chrom

Just leave your 3DS in sleep mode near a Wi-Fi access point it can access. You'll find goodies in the Bonus Box in the Wireless menu. As soon as you unlock the Wireless menu in the game, you can use it. So after chapter 4, I believe.

I think Chapter 4 is when the Outrealm Gate is unlocked, but the Wireless menu is made open right after Chapter 3.

Jazzem

Five hours into this...damn, it's so good :') Only other FE I finished was 7 on GBA (the one just called 'Fire Emblem' over here), which I adored...played some of Shadow Dragon as well which I liked but wasn't crazy over.

While I still prefer certain aspects of the GBA game (the entirely 2D visuals for one), this is such a polished and engrossing take on the formula. Tell you what though...I'm glad I picked 'normal', even though it's recommended for series beginners...the challenge is already ramping up pretty fiercely! Also, I am playing on classic mode, which I can tell is going to drive me to insanity...even at this stage I'm very attached to my characters.

Also...this is making me desperately wish I had an XL, feel like I have to squint at times on the OG screen :/

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'll probably grab the Hot Springs one then. Given how easy the maps should be I assume most tiles = fastest tile grinding.

Top Bottom