• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

KePoW

Banned
I just bought a 3DS XL last week and FE:A is my first game on it.

Fucking awesome so far, really great game!

I know the OT says the main story is 20 hours. But how long is it total to do all side maps/quests and all conversation paths?

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Been playing this, awesome game, I am in no hurry to finish it, but I'm going to replay this thing in max difficulty next. Reeking box + paralogue 4 stage (and prologue if you are really low level) is the best combination to build character relations and leveling up for the skills.

Anyone has another favorite training place?

(Yes, I train my characters, I love being overleveled and I don't care about how I should play this game, I'm having fun filling bars)

Been playing this, awesome game, I am in no hurry to finish it, but I'm going to replay this thing in max difficulty next. Reeking box + paralogue 4 stage (and prologue if you are really low level) is the best combination to build character relations and leveling up for the skills.

(Yes, I train my characters, I love being overleveled and I don't care about how I should play this game, I'm having fun filling bars)

If I want to get the sparkling tiles as well, I found Chp. 12's and Chp.15's random encounters pretty good as you start near one and just make your way towards the other while everything bum rushes you.

Chp. 17's is pretty great if you are raising someone's bow rank or you want to limit the number of enemies bum rushing you as you start in probably one of the few actual chokepointable areas in the whole game.

Oxx

Wow, the golden pack certainly changes the game.

At first I was afraid, but then I realised that they don't attack unless you instigate.

Now I'm swimming in cash and exp.

I know the OT says the main story is 20 hours. But how long is it total to do all side maps/quests and all conversation paths?

That must be wrong, I'm on chapter 13 and have played for 35 hours. A lot of that time have been lost to resets though.

Chrom

The enemies in Golden Gaffe and EXPonential Growth definitely won't be attacking unless they're defending against your own attacks, but the enemies in Infinite Regalia will go for you when you enter range.

flattie

Hey guys, I'm about 6 hours into this on normal/classic. Finding it a little on the easy side and was wondering what the general consensus is on whether it's better to be playing on a harder mode. I think I could just about stomach starting from scratch if it is genuinely worth going to the next level for.

Sleepy

The Incursion map.

Do you have the EXPonetial Growth map (DLC)? That is a beast for leveling.

That must be wrong, I'm on chapter 13 and have played for 35 hours. A lot of that time have been lost to resets though.

37 hours, same level. Grinding, grinding, grinding, grinding...

Well, Anna only supports one male character...yeah she can only be a mother if the Avatar marries her...speaking of which that must mean Morgan doesn't bear the strong family resemblance of Anna...

Does this also mean Morgan (F) has the generic support with the mother rather than the father?

Wait what? Dammit, I already married my Avatar to Lissa. Oh well, Lissa and my Avatar should produce a powerful, magic-centric child. Unless only the adult female characters can have children? I'm not entirely sure cause I bought this game blind to the mechanics

If a character can marry anyone other than the Avatar (excluding 2nd gen chars) they can have a baby. The other characters can only have a baby with you.

Wait what? Dammit, I already married my Avatar to Lissa. Oh well, Lissa and my Avatar should produce a powerful, magic-centric child. Unless only the adult female characters can have children? I'm not entirely sure cause I bought this game blind to the mechanics

One way to tell which girl can have a child is if they can get a S support with someone other than the Avatar and isn't one of the children themselves.

McNum

Your avatar will always have a child if married. If you marry a character, like Lissa, who would already have a child no matter who they married, you get both. So, your avatar will be the father of both Morgan and Owain in your game. The only other male character with a guaranteed child is Chrom, he can be the father of two children as well.

If you marry a woman who won't have a child normally, like Anna or Tiki, you'll only get Morgan. With a female avatar you'll only get Morgan, except if you marry Chrom, where you'll get both Morgan and his guaranteed child.

Draxal

CoY2 (the one with Roy), one turn pretty much every time with a flier/melee that can sweep the board.

Ahh I see, thanks guys! Btw, after what chapter can I buy Elwind? My...uh...little magic dude (the kid with the blue hat) is running low on Elwind and I like to have Wind magic equipped to him.

Ahh I see, thanks guys! Btw, after what chapter can I buy Elwind? My...uh...little magic dude (the kid with the blue hat) is running low on Elwind and I like to have Wind magic equipped to him.

Not sure about the paralogues, but I do believe the El-magics are buyable after finishing Chapter 13.

Though you could just buy the weaker Wind tome til then.

Chrom

Not sure about the paralogues, but I do believe the El-magics are buyable after finishing Chapter 13.

Though you could just buy the weaker Wind tome til then.

Yeah, I can confirm that. The Chapter 13 armory sells those tomes including Elwind.

McNum

I'm going Tharja + Kellam atm...
The C to A supports there are funny, but the S one is a bit... meh. The kid will have awesome Defense, though. Like the highest possible for a player character in the game.

They're kind of fun together in battle, though. General Kellam provides Tharja with so much Defense that she can tank nearly anything. And for the things that might hurt her, I just switch around and Kellam gets to take the hit. If Noire gets best of both worlds here, it'll be awesome.

Did not know that Noire and Morgan (Siblings) had a conversation together in the Harvest Scramble

Pretty amusing to see Morgan act like her big sister for a bit by yelling out "DOOOOOM" to try and scare away the enemy.

Draxal

Just got Gerome..... Or should I say Nightwing?

Looks like nightwing, acts like batman.

Did not know that Noire and Morgan (Siblings) had a conversation together in the Harvest Scramble

Pretty amusing to see Morgan act like her big sister for a bit by yelling out "DOOOOOM" to try and scare away the enemy.

They can support each other without being sisters in the normal game supports and harvest scramble.

Holy crap. Has it been brought up how there is a very explicit Taken reference in the C-level support conversation with your character and Gaius?

"If you're looking for ransom, I don't have money, but I what I do have are a very particular set of honey cakes..."

NOA did a fantastic job with this translation all around.

Aizo

Banned
I like to think the pairs I make in Awakening are somewhat clever.

Miriel x Kellem (Analyzes everything x Nobody notices)
Sully x Libra (Masculine woman x Feminine man)

Matches of that sort.

CSX

Holy crap. Has it been brought up how there is a very explicit Taken reference in the C-level support conversation with your character and Gaius?

"If you're looking for ransom, I don't have money, but I what I do have are a very particular set of honey cakes..."

Theres plenty other great references if you pay attention :)

The most recent one is the Scooby-Doo reference in the new DLC

Chrom

I think you should actually thank 8-4, as they were apparently the ones who really did the work.

The C to A supports there are funny, but the S one is a bit... meh. The kid will have awesome Defense, though. Like the highest possible for a player character in the game.

They're kind of fun together in battle, though. General Kellam provides Tharja with so much Defense that she can tank nearly anything. And for the things that might hurt her, I just switch around and Kellam gets to take the hit. If Noire gets best of both worlds here, it'll be awesome.

That's a good point, tbh though I'm on full winging-it mode. I've barely looked at more than a general overview of available classes resulting from marriage pairings, but this sounds like I'm basically using them together the same as you are. So far I like the game's systems enough that I will probably do a more planned playthrough next.

Marche90

^ Are we supposed to see something there? 'Cause I can't =/

So, I decided to browse Serene's Forest for a bit, to see if they had uploaded new things, and I just found something very nice: Ultra HQ art of the characters!

Seriously, it's lovely. Look at this (please click the link and don't hotlink, unless you reupload the image to another host, since they asked for the images not to be hotlinked):

Marth
Tiki
Tharja
DLC Ephraim

It's so HQ, you can actually see that (most, at least) the images were all colored by hand and not colored digitally (noticeable in most of Kozaki's art and Eirika)

Now, if you excuse me, I need to save some images to my personal folder

(And sorry, Kincaido, no Cordelia yet)

Top Bottom