• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Ghazi

So Sully killed
Tharja
just now by accident while I was getting Chrom over to her. I don't have a save to fall back on, should I just start a new game or keep playing and get her in the next run? I really wanted her for my team though.

ohlawd

That breastplate is just a massive cover up.

Am I dreaming right now, should I slow down?

So Sully killed
Tharja
just now by accident while I was getting Chrom over to her. I don't have a save to fall back on, should I just start a new game or keep playing and get her in the next run? I really wanted her for my team though.

It's okay even though really it's not, you dastard.

Just keep playing.

Jintor

God I hope they bring out a godtier hardback (or at least strong cardboard like the Persona books) artbook for this

Ghazi

Just had Chrom and Sumia's S relationship tier lol @ that
proposal and then the discussion that followed

GamerSoul

Every time I see this thread it makes me sad that I cant but this game yet. #brokelife heh.

Anyways, after I've watched a few support convos I think Sully :3 is my choice for MU, but that Tharja is making me think. lol. It's pretty nice how they added more meaning to the convos and pairing up because I sadly never really used them all that much when I played any of the games. Maybe for a few characters at the most.

ohlawd

Every time I see this thread it makes me sad that I cant but this game yet. #brokelife heh.

Anyways, after I've watched a few support convos I think Sully :3 is my choice for MU, but that Tharja is making me think. lol. It's pretty nice how they added more meaning to the convos and pairing up because I sadly never really used them all that much when I played any of the games. Maybe for a few characters at the most.

I loved them in the other games.

I just never did it often because eff spamming "wait"

For a future FE game without a dual or pair mechanic, the Tellius support method is the way to go. Gain support points for deploying together, bonus points for rescuing/healing/shoving/adjacent.

GamerSoul

I loved them in the other games.

I just never did it often because eff spamming "wait"

Yes, exactly. i did not really have the patience on some maps lol. Yea, I remember reading them on the internet at some point but it was kinda tedious for me in game also. They have always been great though.

Also the 5 per character limit. It's like "sure, I want to see your supports, but do I really want to see yours over that guy's?"

hah, true.

Espada

Okay, so I just finished the battle in the Border Wastes
(the mission against Gangrel)
and a whole bunch of stuff went down. I saw
baby Lucina
. I found out about the skill inheritance mechanic really late so I'm wondering if I passed some deadline for her to get some skills.

I also have to say that Olivia is weak as hell. How on Earth do you train this girl!?

Jintor

baby Lucina
. I found out about the skill inheritance mechanic really late so I'm wondering if I passed some deadline for her to get some skills.

I also have to say that Olivia is weak as hell. How on Earth do you train this girl!?

Dance like you want to win. (Or do the traditional thing and let her last-hit archers or something)

You've got... a while before the skill inheritance mechanic kicks in. Like,
Chapter 13
or so?

Moonlight

Banned
baby Lucina
You didn't miss anything with regards to skill inheritance.

And just be patient when training Olivia. You can grind via the Dance command, but if you want her to take down an opponent, make sure they're down to as little health as possible and that the weapon they're wielding doesn't defeat you in the weapon triangle. As soon as Olivia can wield Steel swords, it'll become much easier.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
baby Lucina

edit 2: Actually, I think you have a chapter or so of wiggle room after that cutscene, or at least still have a Risen or Street/Spotpass opportunity if you feel the need.

As for Olivia, dance like crazy until level 15, then reclass her to something useful like peg knight for galeforce or myrmidion for Swordmaster's Astra and Swordfaire. Don't pass on her dancer mini-buff skill, as her kid(s) can't inherit the dancer class.

Espada

Dance like you want to win. (Or do the traditional thing and let her last-hit archers or something)

You've got... a while before the skill inheritance mechanic kicks in. Like,
Chapter 13
or so?

Thanks for the tip. I'm so wary of getting her anywhere near the action as she takes so much damage. Chapter 13 is not too far off, so it looks like I'll be abusing the hell out of Reeking Boxes. Any good maps I can use them on?

Moonlight said:
And just be patient when training Olivia. You can grind via the Dance command, but if you want her to take down an opponent, make sure they're down to as little health as possible and that the weapon they're wielding doesn't defeat you in the weapon triangle. As soon as Olivia can wield Steel swords, it'll become much easier.

Yipes, looks like I have quite a bit of work ahead of me.

Metroidvania said:
As for Olivia, dance like crazy until level 15, then reclass her to something useful like peg knight for galeforce or myrmidion for Swordmaster's Astra and Swordfaire. Don't pass on her dancer mini-buff skill, as her kid(s) can't inherit the dancer class.

Argh, I feel like I'm missing so much. Those Master Seals have been trickling in at BEST.

ohlawd

You got one chapter left iirc.

Better get that Luck +4 from Olivia if she's the mom. Everyone else.... it doesn't really matter. She has access to all classes her mother does.

Thanks for the tip. I'm so wary of getting her anywhere near the action as she takes so much damage. Chapter 13 is not too far off, so it looks like I'll be abusing the hell out of Reeking Boxes. Any good maps I can use them on?

You COULD just use the free DLC or weak spotpass characters.

Espada

You COULD just just use the free DLC or weak spotpass characters.

I'm avoiding that because eventually I start breaking weapons, running out of restorative items, etc... and none of those enemies have any bullion on them. Which teams give the most experience?

Well, if you just want to train Olivia and don't mind it taking quite a while, you could always either choose a Spotpass team with a healer leader or the free DLC, and when the boss is the only enemy left, have a unit wait and then have Olivia dance until you get her to the level you want.

Metroidvania

Argh, I feel like I'm missing so much. Those Master Seals have been trickling in at BEST.

You'll be able to buy them shortly.

I'm avoiding that because eventually I start breaking weapons, running out of restorative items, etc... and none of those enemies have any bullion on them. Which teams give the most experience?

Of the streetpass options, any low level ones with thieves are your best bet. Matthew from FE7 is the only one I can think of off-hand that has one.

Or, if you have someone like serra from FE7, who can only heal, you can leave her alive, and just have olivia dance for 50 turns or what have you.

Gold shouldn't be a huge issue, I believe you get a good hunk of funds either after C.13 or soon thereafter

Only for marriage. The skill inheritance I think doesn't trigger until a few chapters later

"Dance Olivia! Dance for XP!"

He already saw
baby Lucina and beat Gangrel
, marriage already happened, it's only one or two chapters at most until skill inheritance matters for its first character.

Not sure what to do with these permanent stat boosts items, I'm having that Megalixer problem

I have a Seraph Robe, Secret Book, 2 Energy Drops, 2 Goddess Icons, a Drocoshield and an Arms Scroll

Metroidvania

Not sure what to do with these permanent stat boosts items, I'm having that Megalixer problem

I have a Seraph Robe, Secret Book, 2 Energy Drops, 2 Goddess Icons, a Drocoshield and an Arms Scroll

Either use 'em on your favorites/people who are really lacking or have had a few bad levels ups...

Or save them for endgame/DLC when you're missing a few points in a non-capped stat so you don't have to grind out more levels.

Dracoshields/Talismans are going to be the most needed, they seem to be universally the lowest percentage, at least, in my experience.

ohlawd

Talismans should be used sparingly.

You know why? Because almost everyone in this game has terrible terrible terrible Res growths. Can't just hand them out like candy.

ohlawd

No.

But if you were to buy a 3DS just for Etrian Odyssey IV, then yes.

there's like 10+ good games on the thing and another 10+ coming soon. You won't regret it.

Sendou

]blacky[;56811464 said:
I want to buy a 3DS just for Fire Emblem. Is it worth the money?

Well yeah. You will find other games too if your taste is not incredible narrow. Try Ghost Recon Shadow Wars for example. Plays like a mix of Fire Emblem and Advance Wars. Underrated gem of launch lineup.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
]blacky[;56811464 said:
I want to buy a 3DS just for Fire Emblem. Is it worth the money?

Yes. I did and have no regrets. There are a lot of great games coming for the 3DS anyways.

Beelzebub

yeah, and your avatar is a MII so I'm assuming you like nintendo games and am scratching my head as to why you dont have one already as its got plenty to love

ohlawd

If you're an actual human being with real priorities AKA waifu hunting, you can score like 200+ hours on this game just like that.

Cha-ching, mofos, that's how you do it.

Dunkelgrau

Are there any key benefits for the XL especially in Fire Emblem? I tend to the normal 3DS because I can stick it in my pocket.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
]blacky[;56812548 said:
Are there any key benefits for the XL especially in Fire Emblem? I tend to the normal 3DS because I can stick it in my pocket.
The Start button, but I guess that's more for when you're grinding DLC.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
After recently getting my 3DS XL I tried the demo for this with no expectations. I'm not a huge fan of turn based games so wasn't expecting anything. Well what a surprise, it was ace! Very very enjoyable and I think I'll definitely pick it up. Need to buy a bigger SD card though.

Top Bottom