• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

kuppy

The eShop release is 8577 blocks (1098 MB) and will be available at midnight.

So one hour to got for me. If I can download it full speed (haha, what a joke, my connection so slow) than I would be able to play it 70 minutes later.

Alright! My body is ready!
Anyone else buying it midnight?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Wait, why?

Because the magic casters usually get to be the most important units in the late game and need to be shielded/brought up before.

The eShop release is 8577 blocks (1098 MB) and will be available at midnight.

So one hour to got for me. If I can download it full speed (haha, what a joke, my connection so slow) than I would be able to play it 70 minutes later.

Alright! My body is ready!
Anyone else buying it midnight?

Me!

TL21xx

Banned
Welcome aboard PALs, you're in for a treat. Reminds me that I need to get back to playing it myself, haven't had much time to play anything over the past month or so.

m0t0k1

Just seen the Euro artbook, I really hope that's the one we get at EBGames Aus (we still have to wait another day it seems /sadface)

Its not really EU. I think it is GAME exclusive and we don't have a game in our country :( I also wanted one.

ffdgh

Wait, why?

Because mages are one of the best units in this game but they need a lot of protection at first.

Yeah but we get superior box art.

250px-Ash_Buizel.png

Well....we have the better looking cart cover so there!

Welcum PALs. I've been playing a lot on my commute. I keep letting all my magic casters die because all I care about (and the only units that can do any damage and take hits) are the swordsman and knights. Haven't found one useful magic caster yet.

Also, what's the max level?

The most broken class is a magic caster...

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Oh alright, thanks. Is it story related, or just a quick message thing after I find one on a battlefield type of thing?
Once in while you'll get one as a map completion award, but you'll mostly find or buy them same as any other item.

Sleepy

I'm in NA and just got the game this week, so I am right there with the PAL reinforcements. Fantastic game! I know that I said I didn't want to buy the DLC--this game is so good I will probably purchase it all.

Draxal

General Tips.

1. Galeforce (extra turn after you kill a unit) is the best skill in the game, but one does not need it to beat the game. You can ignore the max end game theory and still beat the story.

2. Avatar/Chrom are you two best units early game. Frederick is a scalpel not a hammer, he soaks up experience and his viability fades off quickly.

Already bought a copy ,but I'll be saving it for tomorrow.
This weekend is Fire Emblem weekend for me.
Sucks that I didn't get an artbook though. I guess they didn't bother in my country.

Fredrick doesn't have nearly the same shelf life as Seth or Titania. Given how good the rest of your party can quickly become it's really not worth using him unless you're on hard/classic or above and need to eke out wins.

General Tips.

1. Galeforce (extra turn after you kill a unit) is the best skill in the game, but one does not need it to beat the game. You can ignore the max end game theory and still beat the story.

2. Avatar/Chrom are you two best units early game. Frederick is a scalpel not a hammer, he soaks up experience and his viability fades off quickly.

In fact, if you grind enough to get Galeforce on everyone that can have it, you probably will be kinda really overleveled for the main game.

I wish I could play this game for the first time again. Man I don't think I've gotten that hooked on a game in a LONG time. Enjoy it, you guys!

Never played an FE game before but have this ordered as I liked the demo. Is it possible to screw yourself over if you raise your units wrong/use a bad combination of units? Are there a lot of missable quests or bits of dialogue?

Gvaz

Banned
What should I keep brady as? I would like him to heal because his mag is pretty good, but I feel like I should spec him Dread Fighter because of the growth rates and caps.

Then again I've been speccing everything female else as a bride when I have no skills left to teach them unless they need Tomes.

ffdgh

In fact, if you grind enough to get Galeforce on everyone that can have it, you probably will be kinda really overleveled for the main game.

I was guilty of this on my hard play through. It felt so good gale forcing my way through the rest of the chapters. DLC will make it soo much faster for a future playthrough.

Never played an FE game before but have this ordered as I liked the demo. Is it possible to screw yourself over if you raise your units wrong/use a bad combination of units? Are there a lot of missable quests or bits of dialogue?

Because you can grind, you can't screw yourself over with units. Only things that are missable is the chapters with the children if you let their mother die before it appears or get too many potential fathers get killed to the point that some girls will be without possible husbands.

Lunatic Mode is soooo bonkers for me! I try my best not to use Frederick to kill enemy units but wihout him, I completed the first map after countless tries. After that, the second map? Yeah forget it. I think I really have to kill some with Frederick.

The enemy units have better stats that mine and the Mages have crazy tomes! This is awesome but so hard! Had so much fun with the demo.

For those who have the full game, anyone else completed the first few maps on Lunatic without killing with Frederick?!

Draxal

What should I keep brady as? I would like him to heal because his mag is pretty good, but I feel like I should spec him Dread Fighter because of the growth rates and caps.

Then again I've been speccing everything female else as a bride when I have no skills left to teach them unless they need Tomes.

Who is his dad?

Sleepy

Good, good....

Nice pic. I don't even care if I wind up spending more on DLC than the main game at this point. Although, for the first buy I will probably be very selective. I think this has been asked and answered (by me even, but I forget) what are the first 3-5 DLC items I should get?

too many potential fathers get killed to the point that some girls will be without possible husbands.

Wait, one guy cannot service multiple women?

Lunatic Mode is soooo bonkers for me! I try my best not to use Frederick to kill enemy units but wihout him, I completed the first map after countless tries. After that, the second map? Yeah forget it. I think I really have to kill some with Frederick.

The enemy units have better stats that mine and the Mages have crazy tomes! This is awesome but so hard! Had so much fun with the demo.

For those who have the full game, anyone else completed the first few maps on Lunatic without killing with Frederick?!

Frederick might as well be a necessity for early Lunatic really.

Chrom

I wouldn't say that it's really possible to screw yourself over in any way. There's child inheritance which is dependent on parents and how they're set up, but no one in the game can ultimately turn out bad.

Most Paralogues, or sidequest chapters, are unlocked as you wed most of the female characters in the game. Should these characters die before that, you could lock yourself out of those chapters, but generally speaking, there is hardly anything that you can miss in the game.

pariah164

Nice pic. I don't even care if I wind up spending more on DLC than the main game at this point. Although, for the first buy I will probably be very selective. I think this has been asked and answered (by me even, but I forget) what are the first 3-5 DLC items I should get?

For my money? The Golden Pack, Smash Brethren 2, and Lost Bloodlines 2.

Fredrick doesn't have nearly the same shelf life as Seth or Titania. Given how good the rest of your party can quickly become it's really not worth using him unless you're on hard/classic or above and need to eke out wins.
What about FE7 Marcus?

Anyway, I managed to drag myself away from this FE3 TAS* enough to actually play my copy up to chapter 3...man I restarted prologue like 3 times to get okay level ups on my unit. Chrom of course got crappy level ups and I went on like it was nothing.

Its quite funny how the visual of increasing supports makes me feel bad when I pair up or position units that don't benefit while in the GBA games I cared little for the supports. Anyone else feel similar?

*-yes, I get FE Awakening the game I bought a 3DS for but oh FE3 TAS...my priorities can be messed up.

Top Bottom