• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

jnWake

get both DS games (though obviously 12 would require an import and/or an emulator)

also I'm sure you can snag FE9/10 for less than $60 if you look in the right places ;)

I don't think I could get them for cheap in Chile haha. I would if I could though, but South America is rough for older games.

EDIT: Thanks for the advice. A shame the DS games don't have supports. That feature is so cool. Is the story at least good?

I don't think I could get them for cheap in Chile haha. I would if I could though, but South America is rough for older games.

EDIT: Thanks for the advice. A shame the DS games don't have supports. That feature is so cool. Is the story at least good?

FE11 (the one released in English) doesn't have the proper supports.

FE12 (the one that wasn't localized) does.

Shadow Dragon has a flat story but the game is still very solid. It's definitely not the strongest game in the series but it's a pretty easy recommendation.

I'd also recommend the SNES games; all three are great.

No Ike for Project X Zone is sad :////////////

Shadow Dragon has a flat story but the game is still very solid. It's definitely not the strongest game in the series but it's a pretty easy recommendation.

I'd also recommend the SNES games; all three are great.

For FE3 I would recommend the remake (FE12) if you want a interesting challenge, Lunatic mode in FE12 is probably the most intense challenge I played in the series and it was more fair and harder than in Thracia 776 IMO.

Golnei

No Ike for Project X Zone is sad :////////////

His popularity is honestly kind of forced, whereas Lucina and Chrom are legitimate genre icons who more than earned their place. And besides, who would they have paired him up with? Elincia and Micaiah aren't that popular on their own, while both Lucina and Chrom have a respectable amount of fans.

I still would have rather seen Lyn and Hector, though...

Draxal

His popularity is honestly kind of forced, whereas Lucina and Chrom are legitimate genre icons who more than earned their place. And besides, who would they have paired him up with? Elincia and Micaiah aren't that popular on their own, while both Lucina and Chrom have a respectable amount of fans.

No Marth and Caeda is the big surprise.

I kinda expect Tiki or Robin to be a solo unit.

I'm surprised that MonolithSoft picked Chrom instead of Robin to pair with Lucina in PXZ2 :^)

I'm shocked that they're in the game. Robin still has that issue in that fem Robin still exists. Maybe male robin and fem robin can pair up!

Draxal

Also, it looks like Cipher Set 2 booster boxes are sold out on Amiami, that's a surprise as they never ran out of S1.

They did have productions issues with this one iirc.

Draxal

some printing error probably... that's why it's delayed by 2 days

Ayup.

https://twitter.com/FEcipherENG/status/642350727248134144

Due to manufacturing defects, the release date for Series 2 of Cipher will be pushed back to Sept. 19th. We apologize for the inconvenience.

edit.

https://twitter.com/chromsmia/status/645166503780708352

Also, has pics of the themes that come with the starter packs ... I kinda ordered 3 extra starters each, so if anybody here has japanese 3ds and wants the theme let me know.

Draxal

for free? :D :D :D

Yeah, the monetary value of the marth/lucina codes were like a dollar, and I don't care enough.

Pics of the themes.

CPQXfXhUcAAE9fB.jpg

CPQXgYZUYAEX1vM.jpg

Draxal

Box came in

Preview Promo: Ike
Sleeves: Hoshido

SRs
Takumi
Leon
Felicia
Camilla

R+
(B + H) Azura

R
Pieri
Lazwald
Odin
Soleil
Ophelia
Oboro
Matoi
Tsubaki
Grey
Saizou
Kaza(Hana)

Overall, I think the art is stronger in this set compared to the first set. Still have a couple of codes for the 25th Japanese themes if anybody's interested.

Draxal

oh wow thanks

yeah, they all look a lot nicer, lots of nice flashy effects too

hopefully they'll release another strategy guide so I can get the artwork in a nice book lol

and yeah, less lolfaces besides probably one of the ryomas and aqua

The Takumi/Leon montage card looks really sharp in person.

The starter exclusive cards are also here.

http://fecipher.jp/cards/ST0003.html

and

http://fecipher.jp/cards/ST0004.html

Just have to scroll to the bottom as they have different numberings.

Lunar15

Yeah, the only reason Ike's sticking around at all is just because Sakurai either legitimately likes him or they just saw no reason to eliminate his moveset from smash. He's not all that popular outside of that game. I get the realities of it.

Draxal

Yeah, the only reason Ike's sticking around at all is just because Sakurai either legitimately likes him or they just saw no reason to eliminate his moveset from smash. He's not all that popular outside of that game. I get the realities of it.

I'll disagree in that he's really popular because of Smash just like Roy. Fire Emblem is a drop in the bucket compared to Smash, but since he's in its very hard to get rid of him. He did place really high in that one poll earlier (outright winning it).

L95

oh wow thanks

yeah, they all look a lot nicer, lots of nice flashy effects too

hopefully they'll release another strategy guide so I can get the artwork in a nice book lol

and yeah, less lolfaces besides probably one of the ryomas and aqua

I didn't realize the strat guide had pictures (as in larger, clean images?)

(well, I figured it has images, but you know what I mean..!)
hmm.

Draxal

I didn't realize the strat guide had pictures (as in larger, clean images?)

(well, I figured it has images, but you know what I mean..!)
hmm.

It doesn't have them clean (aka there's still text on them), the pictures are exactly the same size as the cards, and the paper isn't nearly as nice as the card stock they use for the cards.

It doesn't have them clean (aka there's still text on them), the pictures are exactly the same size as the cards, and the paper isn't nearly as nice as the card stock they use for the cards.

the best we can do until they release an artbook with all the art (oh I hope they do)

L95

...oh. Eh. Nevermind then lol

Alot of the artists are putting up there art on twitter, it's a pain to find, but you can find some of them.

I also hear Pixiv is a good place to look.

Draxal

Saw a better picture of the Corrin/Kamui promo box. And yeah, she's definitely Hoshido and not Touma, so I'm expecting a male Nohr Corrin/Kamui as well for the next set.

I'm okay with most of the name changes, but Kamui/Corrin is just one I don't like.

Saw a better picture of the Corrin/Kamui promo box. And yeah, she's definitely Hoshido and not Touma, so I'm expecting a male Nohr Corrin/Kamui as well for the next set.

I'm okay with most of the name changes, but Kamui/Corrin is just one I don't like.

google "Corrin"

top result: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrin

really short wikipedia article, ayy lmao

by the time Fates comes out in the west the Fire Emblem wiki will probably be the top link

btw nice job Draxal, it only took 132 days of Levyne not posting for you to tie in post count! :p

Levyne

Banned
I search my quotes, lol.

Heh, life, work, got sucked into an MMO vortex, name it :p

Still subscribed though. Maybe I'll do another playthrough at some point. I just don't get into the card game or figure stuff.

I search my quotes, lol.

Heh, life, work, got sucked into an MMO vortex, name it :p

Still subscribed though. Maybe I'll do another playthrough at some point. I just don't get into the card game or figure stuff.

why hello there, only 133 days since your last post here :p

anyway this is incredibly random, but is there a term for the experience system in games like Fire Emblem and Paper Mario where the actual experience required per level up is constant, but experience gain scales based on your+the enemy's levels?

2 days ago Nintendo created LINE account, today the 1st Nintendo-related stickers available to buy... so how long till Fire Emblem LINE stickers will be available? haha

Lunar15

Lol, went for the booty shot with Nepehnee. The current age of Fire Emblem sure is weird.

That said, them acknowledging Nephenee makes me feel good.

Top Bottom