• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

King Fost

Neo Member

To be fair, that meme doesn't actually happen that often over there (and thank god, it's really fucking annoying), there's actually quite a few social justice minded people.

Though tbh, the only reason why I hang out in that community is because some of my friends post there, it's not that good otherwise.

On another note, I kinda wish I knew Japanese because I'm very curious about the general opinions of the Japanese player base on the new game and the CCG beyond just a survey. I mean, I learned some stuff on a couple of archived 4chan threads but that's just a brief glimpse and requires quite a bit of digging through the shitposting to get to.

Well then, entering the true hit formula in Excel was much harder than I thought it would be.

oh well, now I can input all these numbers in (why am I doing this)

Weebos

Banned
Virion and Draug? I assume that means there will be a lot of mirages if those are the two they're pulling out.

Shame there are no other games represented.

Draxal

it's surprising they are picking bottom of the barrel characters instead of the popular ones

I"m trying to figure out who the most popular armor knights/archers are in the series.

Takumi wins for archer ... don't know who wins for Armor Knight, honestly I think Draug might win that (I consider the Black Knight to be cheating in this contest).

I"m trying to figure out who the most popular armor knights/archers are in the series.

Takumi wins for archer ... don't know who wins for Armor Knight, honestly I think Draug might win that (I consider the Black Knight to be cheating in this contest).

Wendy got 28th place in the FE6 polls so maybe her, wwwwwwww

Draxal

Wendy got 28th place in the FE6 polls so maybe her, wwwwwwww

Effie would probably place high in a fates poll ... as she's actually good.

Kinda grumpy we don't have Ogma or Navarl in this game yet either. As they're both pretty iconic and popular as well, but I guess they're fighting design space with Chrom.

He's almost certainly referring to Draug.

Takumi is probably too recent to be included...

He is, but FE# only has chars from two games anyway.

Lunar15

Given what that game looks like, maybe it's not a bad thing some of my favorite characters won't be in it!

The game itself actually looks fine, those idols tho.

I would think Gatrie is more popular than Draug, no? Too bad the actual best Knight Oswin isn't recognised for his greatness.

Weebos

Banned

I feel like they should have swapped this to Gordin and Kellam, but they're still not great.

Jeorge, Horace, or Lorenz also work.

Maybe there is a hardcore Draug fanbase that I'm unaware of.

NeonZ

Virion and Draug? I assume that means there will be a lot of mirages if those are the two they're pulling out.

Shame there are no other games represented.

They seem to want one representative of each iconic class. They haven't shown any system for the heroes to change mirages yet, or make enemy mirages join them. So, at this point, it could still turn out to be only one "allied" mirage per character. That'd be a really stupid choice though, so I hope I'm wrong.

L95

Mar-mar preordered!

he'll be my 4th-ish Nendo (5th if the N pokemon nendo releases on the pokemon center US site before now and then)

Draxal

Given what that game looks like, maybe it's not a bad thing some of my favorite characters won't be in it!

The game itself actually looks fine, those idols tho.

It's just continuing from Persona 4 Gol.... Dancing all Night.

seriously, they just throw nonstop idols at you in that game

Draxal

CQRjb_CW8AAwg_t.png

You get either set of 5 sleeves and a set 4 promo card in the series 3 booster box (similiar to series 2 booster box). Starter will contain a 3ds theme download (choral theme version).

Weebos

Banned
CQRjb_CW8AAwg_t.png

You get either set of 5 sleeves and a set 4 promo card in the series 3 booster box (similiar to series 2 booster box). Starter will contain a 3ds theme download (choral theme version).

What size are the Fire Emblem cards?

Are they the standard size of MTG or Pokemon cards?

Or are they weird like Yu-Gi-Oh?

If they're standard I might hunt down some of these sleeves for MTG.

Draxal

What size are the Fire Emblem cards?

Are they the standard size of MTG or Pokemon cards?

Or are they weird like Yu-Gi-Oh?

If they're standard I might hunt down some of these sleeves for MTG.

They're MTG sized, but you won't be able to get enough of them to sleeve a magic deck as only 5 come per box.

They're used for the main character/ and marker cards in fire emblem.

However, they also sell sleeves in quantities of 50 that you can use to sleeve a deck of magic cards.

RiggyRob

Seda, does GAF have a swear filter that can block the words weeaboo/pandering/otaku/waifu and so on?

I'm getting sick of seeing the same thing being repeated over and over and it'll only get worst when Fates and #FE get released next year, and I can't put all of the idiots on ignore.

Seda, does GAF have a swear filter that can block the words weeaboo/pandering/otaku/waifu and so on?

I'm getting sick of seeing the same thing being repeated over and over and it'll only get worst when Fates and #FE get released next year, and I can't put all of the idiots on ignore.
I'm going to randomly put one of those words in every post I make in this thread, just for you.

your waifu is shit

Lunar15

You could just, you know, not give a shit.

If I got upset about GAF repeating annoying things, I wouldn't be here anymore.

Honestly though, you're just focusing in on those things. The #FE threads have been actually pretty positive lately aside from the driveby "weeaboo shit" posts, but you should be ignoring those anyway.

I do have to say though, you can't get more Otaku than #FE. Shibuya/Akihabara, idols, old game fan-service, boob fan-service, male fan-service, mirages that look tailor made to be figurines... look, I'm not saying this as a slight like other people would, but boy, they know their audience. I thought Persona was that game, but this goes even harder.

Draxal

You could just, you know, not give a shit.

If I got upset about GAF repeating annoying things, I wouldn't be here anymore.

Honestly though, you're just focusing in on those things. The #FE threads have been actually pretty positive lately aside from the driveby "weeaboo shit" posts, but you should be ignoring those anyway.

I do have to say though, you can't get more Otaku than #FE. Shibuya/Akihabara, idols, old game fan-service, boob fan-service, male fan-service, mirages that look tailor made to be figurines... look, I'm not saying this as a slight like other people would, but boy, they know their audience. I thought Persona was that game, but this goes even harder.

Persona 4 was bad but the original game was released 7 years ago... but Persona 4 Dancing all Night goes all in and #FE is a continuation of that.

But it doesn't have face rubbing ... and since I do have the Japanese copy of that game I can confirm it's really really fucking creepy ... I do hope they take it out of the American release (I just don't see the voice actors wanting to voice that shit if they thought the confession scenes were awkward (I know Chrom's said it was really awkward to do) as this was ten times more awkward than that). I'm all cool with shipping which has always been in the series, self inserts don't matter much to me, but that's were I guess I draw the line.

RiggyRob

The problem is it clogs up the threads - banning the poster doesn't get rid of the post, and there's too many to ignore. People hide behind the words instead of actually forming an argument as to why it's bad.

Add that to people whining that SMT X FE isn't what they wanted and GAF's echo chamber effect, and it just becomes tiring to trying to find out what to skip and what to actually pay attention to.

Chrom

It doesn't end there, either. Barry Goodman, one of the main characters in the game, literally is an otaku, and he looks the part, too! He even has an English name to emphasize his gaijin status.

Draxal

The problem is it clogs up the threads - banning the poster doesn't get rid of the post, and there's too many to ignore. People hide behind the words instead of actually forming an argument as to why it's bad.

Add that to people whining that SMT X FE isn't what they wanted and GAF's echo chamber effect, and it just becomes tiring to trying to find out what to skip and what to actually pay attention to.

I think there's only a couple of posters who truly do what you're saying, and thus are able to be ignored, and they do it in EVERY FE# thread.

Golnei

#FE doesn't appeal to me at all. Unless it turns out to be a masterpiece of the genre with the most stunningly-realised subversive narrative the medium has ever seen, I'm probably not going to buy it.

But I still find the same people bringing up the impossible dreams brought about by the first teaser at every opportunity to be kind of annoying - at this point, letting it go would be healthier for everyone.

#FE is such a weird thing to discuss. I have no clue what peoples expectations on a 30 second tease with no gameplay that went dark for 3 years were but they were clearly not in line.

Seda

I'm not one for idol/talent stuff but the battle system being a sort of upbeat-hybrid Press Turn with weapon triangle is interesting and having actually designed dungeons (unlike P3/P4) is a plus for me. So...I dunno.

tbh I'll probably play it without stepping into the OT, haha.

Golnei

#FE is such a weird thing to discuss. I have no clue what peoples expectations on a 30 second tease with no gameplay that went dark for 3 years were but they were clearly not in line.

In fairness; FFXV and The Last Guardian had a similar sort of publicity blackout, and came out of the other end aesthetically unchanged, so you can't blame people for that initial shock, regardless of how ill-founded impressions based on that first teaser were. If either had changed in tone as much as (what we saw of) #FE, the backlash would have never ended.

The issue is when criticism of the new direction essentially boils down to 'it's not what I wanted', spread out over almost a full year.

Draxal

In fairness; FFXV and The Last Guardian had a similar sort of publicity blackout, and came out of the other end aesthetically unchanged, so you can't blame people for that initial shock, regardless of how ill-founded impressions based on that first teaser were. If either had changed in tone as much as (what we saw of) #FE, the backlash would have never ended.

The issue is when criticism of the new direction essentially boils down to 'it's not what I wanted', spread out over almost a full year.

Ayup, it's fine if you post you don't like it, just don't post I DON'T like this in every new thread about it.

Draxal

Sf has pics up of the cloaked char from #FE, definite sword user so probably either Ogma/Nabarl/Owain/Lon'Qu

I think it's the earlier two, and I think its most likely to be Nabarl due to him looking rather ... coldish ... but I think Ogma would be also a good fit.

Sf has pics up of the cloaked char from #FE, definite sword user so probably either Ogma/Nabarl/Owain/Lon'Qu

I think it's the earlier two, and I think its most likely to be Nabarl due to him looking rather ... coldish ... but I think Ogma would be also a good fit.

unless its someone completely unexpected like Athena or Samto lol

Top Bottom