• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes announced (mobile, f2p, screens, trailer, character vote, more)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hastati

This game is calling out to meeeeeeeeee
bap5g5w.png

Don't do it

No perma-death makes me sad. I guess I get it. A casual Nintendo fan checking out Fire Emblem because its a free mobile Nintendo game would be turned off instantly when they loose their high level Tharja. And I guess its almost TOO good a fit for whales and Nintendo said something about not wanting to target them, right?

But still!

ggx2ac

This is coming out so soon, it will probably do well in Japan. Makes me wonder if the Animal Crossing mobile game will release near the end of March?

Makonero

No perma-death makes me sad. I guess I get it. A casual Nintendo fan checking out Fire Emblem because its a free mobile Nintendo game would be turned off instantly when they loose their high level Tharja. And I guess its almost TOO good a fit for whales and Nintendo said something about not wanting to target them, right?

But still!

no permadeath when you, you know, pay money for these characters makes sense

Eila

Looks bad but I'll check it out anyway.
So after I pre-register on google play where do I choose my hero or whatever?

ranmafan

Looking forward to this but really surprised at android first considering iPhones popularity in Japan. I can wait but hopefully it's not too long. But Nintendo needs to stop this type of release schedule for phones. Sucks people are still waiting for Mario on android and it will suck people will have to wait for this on iOS.

Maxinas

But still!

Well yeah, could you imagine spending hundreds-thousands of dollars on your waifu/husbando, only to permanently lose her/him cause of a strategic mistake? From what i can recall, using more of those orb thingy's to draw new characters lowers the cost over time, so that's a generous way to lower the costs of obtaining new characters.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
F2P huh? Watch this somehow make more money than Super Mario Run lol

Somehow ? People will whale on this to get Top Tier units down the line...max spend cap on Mario is 10 bucks - thats basically nothing.
Are gacha games fully playable without paying?

Yeah, you dont need to pay.
Just have to work around your free resources and free units.

chrono01

I hope they let us know when iOS users get this. Mario Run was different, since it was (mostly) a single-player experience, but launching Fire Emblem a few months on iOS after Android will hurt it. Let's hope the release dates are within the same time-frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom