• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

I did pretty well this morning. I got a +Atk/-hp Ike (sword), 3 Hinatas, couple extra Pallas for Goad fliers, and capped it with a +Res/-Atk Elincia. Not even mad about the -Atk, just happy it is not -spd. Probably going to summoner support her as well so that and the attack seal will hide her bane.

Going to see how she does with death blow instead of spending a lot of resources on Life and Death. With summoner support and just a Hone flier she would be at 57 atk and 42 speed running death blow. And that's -atk!

"Gonna use my last five orbs and snipe for NepNep"

DJxYZxsVoAI3MoP.jpg

YOU HAVING A FUCKING GIGGLE OUT THERE IS!? HUH!? ARE YOU!? TRYING TO GET ME TO BUY ORBS HUH!?

Also time to create DC Camilla (+Res/-def). Just got to promote Arthur for his emerald Axe. Next two weeks should be fun. 4 weeks really because then there's BK.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Now I don't know if I want to give Elincia, LnD3. I'm hearing it's bad for initiators, but she is reasonably bulky without getting -5 to both stats. Hmmmm.

spiritfox

How are people planning to build Elincia? I've been doing some calcs and it seems BIke, despite being a green, is a tough matchup for her.

Damn, congrats. What natures did you get?

BIke is tough on Brave weapon users since Urvan is naturally built to counter them. He's one of the few units it's better to use Ruby Palla against.

Elincia should get the normal Brave Quad build, I.E. L&D/Swift Sparrow + Hit & Run. Not how useful Flier Formation is compared to H&R.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I imagine flier formation would clash with H&R. The whole point of H&R is to get to safety with just one support skill. Flier formation would require two support skills to get one safe hit in. One to pull back the attacker, and another to pull back Elincia who was in position to warp the attacker into position in the first place.

pelicansurf

I commit. Poor, poor -SPD Elincia.

Still thinking if I want a Hone/Ward Flier skill or a Threaten skill.

BIke is tough on Brave weapon users since Urvan is naturally built to counter them. He's one of the few units it's better to use Ruby Palla against.

Elincia should get the normal Brave Quad build, I.E. L&D/Swift Sparrow + Hit & Run. Not how useful Flier Formation is compared to H&R.

You need desperation if you go L&D3 and maybe even Swift Sparrow, because you wont be able to sweep teams by hitting them 4x times. One of them will kill you on a counter hit at some point.

Ondore

-HP +Def Nephenee on the first round after cleaning the new chapter. I love it: Ignis or Bonfire will wreck even harder and I can slap HP+3 on to mitigate the loss.

Just promoted Palla and then I saw Elincia's stats. The word "shit" sprang to mind. Thankfully the Tempest will give plenty of sniping ammo.

And I think once I get the Black Knight I might run double-red Armor Emblem. Nice to have an easy check for BKnight/Effie/Amelia/Hector squads.

PK Gaming

She's definitely looking good. With Goads + buffs you can jack her Attack and Speed up to an unreasonable range and delete most units on initiation. Definitely hook her up with Hit and Run for the added safety.

Nice. I find it hard to want to build up my -spd Elincia when I have a good Palla already.

Even at -Speed, she's muuuuuuuuuuch stronger.

Shinypogs

Doing the new chapter and beating BK with Camus is amusing. There can only be one mystery man.

I've never bothered to train up the starter Trio beyond a first few levels. ( I was too busy trying to make 3 star est work. 20+ levels worth of tears and frustration). While I imagine she's no brave lucina or Ephraim how is sharena when given some promotions and SI ?

Speaking of the starter trio they really should get seasonal additions. Just make an event take place in Asker and make it so you can only field one version of them. Just handwave away the whole summoning bit.

Achtius

Put hone on someone else (non-blade tome user) so Elincia/blade tome flier can beneift from it.

I think I am going to put
Hone on Michalis
Fortify on Elincia
Goad on sCorrin (with blade)
Goad on my Hinoka

pelicansurf

Put hone on someone else (non-blade tome user) so Elincia/blade tome flier can beneift from it.

Yeah, I have Hone Fliers on Hinoka. I have goad Fliers on Minerva, I was just wondering if she should also have something to buff them, or if she's just the OP gem in the team a la brave Lyn.

Mupod

I imagine flier formation would clash with H&R. The whole point of H&R is to get to safety with just one support skill. Flier formation would require two support skills to get one safe hit in. One to pull back the attacker, and another to pull back Elincia who was in position to warp the attacker into position in the first place.

flier formation seems like it's mainly for use as a troll skill on whale defense teams. I figure it's only a matter of time until I run into someone's blade tome spring camilla + summer corrin both with flier formation.

hit and run definitely seems more practical, but flier formation could let her do things like teleport in and attack a unit that a ranged flier has softened up. For example, a green unit that Corrin might not finish off like Brave Ike.

Could also maybe do some goofy shit with Galeforce. I wouldn't be surprised to see her used in '1 turn GHB clear' videos moving forward.

I've got no shortage of Clairs so mine's getting Hit and Run. Question is who I build as my fourth (I have SCorrin and DC emerald+ Camilla). Current red flier is Palla. Running double red is something I'd never consider normally but with Brave Ike everywhere and Camilla as a hard counter to basically all blues, it might work.

kewlmyc

First time using my flying team in arena (Paula, Corrin, Cordelia, Chereche w/ Hone).

Surprisingly not effective at all. Maybe I just haven't adjusted to only having 2 movement, or not having anyone that can tank Rein, or being in Tier 19 with nothing but no defense tiles and blockades everywhere. I guess Spring Camilla is the answer to Rein on most flier teams but I don't have one. This is going to take some getting used to.

Draxal

First time using my flying team in arena (Paula, Corrin, Cordelia, Chereche w/ Hone).

Surprisingly not effective at all. Maybe I just haven't adjusted to only having 2 movement, or not having anyone that can tank Rein, or being in Tier 19 with nothing but no defense tiles and blockades everywhere. This is going to take some getting used to.

Do you have reposition and hit and run on all the characters?

Both are key in making fliers work.

kewlmyc

Not on Summer Corrin or Paula, but yes on Corderia and Cherche.

I have no problem getting out, it's just getting in which is the problem. Brave Lyn and Rein check me before I can get an attack off.

NSESN

Good thing TT starts before this banner ends. No orbs and no Elincia so far. Looking back. I was wise of pulling another BIke to feed BK, I almost saved up everything for Elincia with no success.

Teslacrashed

Neo Member

I used Drag Back as a budget Hit and Run, and honestly when I switched to Hit and Run I didn't like it. I found myself using Drag Back to keep my units out of range more often, where with Hit and Run I have to engage more, putting my guys at risk.

Sölf

Got a 3* Laslow from the free pull (I didn't have one so far, so it could have been worse).

Currently I have 207 orbs and am unsure if I should pull or not. Elincia would be nice. Then again, so far the leak from a few weeks ago holds true, which means Arvis GHB and Genealogy Banner would come up soon, hhhngggghhhh...

Mupod

Sölf;249036132 said:
Got a 3* Laslow from the free pull (I didn't have one so far, so it could have been worse).

Currently I have 207 orbs and am unsure if I should pull or not. Elincia would be nice. Then again, so far the leak from a few weeks ago holds true, which means Arvis GHB and Genealogy Banner would come up soon, hhhngggghhhh...

Haven't seen this 'leak', but you're the second one I've seen bring it up. Any reason to think it's legit?

Sölf

Haven't seen this 'leak', but you're the second one I've seen bring it up. Any reason to think it's legit?

It was posted on reddit and predicted Nephenee and the Black Knight before the official art was available, it predicted the mini Tempest Trial and also the current Banner as well as BK being a TT reward.

The next thing up was an Arvis GHB and a Genealogy Banner, but no units where named.

Bovine

Neo Member
To ground everyone posting good results:

I went 6% pity rate to Marth wrecking everything.

I've pulled both him and Roy earlier (on like my second pull), I'm going to blame Melee.

Staab

Sniping for Neph...
30 orbs later
3 blue orbs show up...

Azura 5*
Ninian 5*
Effie 4*

okay, game, I can't be mad at you :eek:

Samstrike

So now that I have Elincia i probably won't use Palla anymore but she is the only one with Hone Flier. Guess i will have to say goodbye to her. Not sure on who i should put Hone Flier.

I have :

+Atk/-Res Elincia
+Spd/-HP Cordelia (Firesweep build)
+Atk/-Res Summer Corrin (Blarblade build)
+Atk/-Spd Cherche (Brave build)
+Spd/-Res Minerva (with must of her default kit for now)

Also not sure if I'm better using Cherche or Minerva.

TWILT

Banned
welp, spent 90 orbs and got jack. I mean, I got stuff like Lon'qu for Vantage fodder and such, but nothing above 4 stars rip.

Oh well, guess there's still going to be more orbs...

Sushen

Would it be too crazy to give tharja's blade to a neutral Celica and make a LnD3 build?

I'm deciding to whether to include my red mage roaster but raising atk-/def+ tharja I got today or go wild with existing Celica.

Sniped for Elincia, got a +ATK/-RES one, along with a 4* Roy for Triangle Adept 3 fodder (finally). Now, who to give it to...

Anyone notice that Chapter 13 is a solo chapeter for Chain Challenge? I wonder if that means it'll be the last main story chapter we'll see for a while.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Free pull netted Raigh, yet again. Why have I pulled like 7-10 Raighs at this point?

Would it be too crazy to give tharja's blade to a neutral Celica and make a LnD3 build?

I'm deciding to whether to include my red mage roaster but raising atk-/def+ tharja I got today or go wild with existing Celica.
Why not normal LnD3 Celica with her default tome?

I often see LnD3 Celica with default tome + Regeneration in arena.

Top Bottom