• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

I'm going to try my best to not be a whale

Hoping to be able to play for a few minutes before work or a few minutes on my lunch or something to just enjoy the game before I decide to plop down money.

Nyoro SF

It's kind of shocking to me that people actually haven't played gacha games before this.

Well whenever I watch or read about people playing gacha games, it seems they're more interested in rolling than actually playing a game... as true to a slot machine's nature.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm very curious what the complete list of possible characters on Day 1 will be. Hopefully the internet provides this info quickly.

Strimei

Well whenever I watch or read about people playing gacha games, it seems they're more interested in rolling than actually playing a game... as true to a slot machine's nature.

It does get to you like that.

I knew I was in trouble when I started playing Granblue Fantasy and I started going "one more roll, just one more roll..."

RedBoot

I'm very curious what the complete list of possible characters on Day 1 will be. Hopefully the internet provides this info quickly.

For a game with this much anticipation, you'll likely see a detailed reroll guide by the end of day 1, assuming the game is reroll-able.

(Some games actually list what's available themselves)

ksamedi

You know, if this game was 20 euros or something, I would probably buy it, but free to play games in general are endless money pits so i never pay a single cent for these type of games. There is no limit to how much money you can spend so it forms a psychological barrier for me.

People are gonna be fucked when they start doing variants like Holiday Roy or Easter Roy.

Soon you'll be able to have a team full of Roy!

Azuran

Banned
You know, if this game was 20 euros or something, I would probably buy it, but free to play games in general are endless money pits so i never pay a single cent for these type of games. There is no limit to how much money you can spend so it forms a psychological barrier for me.

The great thing is that you don't have to pay a single cent if you don't want unless you're one of those people that needs to have every single character at their disposal.

Brunire

Very true. Personally, I will re-roll until I get Ike or Hector and then be good to go. As long as they give out enough crystals to partake in 5-10 pulls per event I will be happy. And as I have with Brave Exvius, I will buy a crystal package every now and then to provide monetary support.

Pro-tip for newcomers: NEVER spend crystals on continues or to re-fill energy. Save those puppies for pulls! Some exceptions apply, such as expanding unit or item slots.

Zero gacha games have been interesting to me except for Marvel Future Fight, I hope this one can keep me interested.

Depends on the game, in some you are super reliant on your rolls to make decent progress in the game. In others you have to pick between spending a shitload of time or money to get a character(but its guaranteed).

Either way though, the point of rolling a good character is to strengthen your team.
The great thing is that you don't have to pay a single cent if you don't want unless you're one of those people that needs to have every single character at their disposal.

This is an important point about gacha that a lot of people that don't play gacha don't realize. You don't actually need to spend money to have fun, as long as your goals are realistic(aka not "i want to max every character) you can achieve them just by putting in the time, and it's much more rewarding than just spending the money imo. Spending is for people who don't have the patience or want to make their life easier, but is almost never a requirement for anything.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
To be fair, how many gacha games are available over here, anyway?

About a billion. They are everywhere, with more being released each week.

I don’t want to be the gacha game defender or anything, but there are so, so many people who play gacha games for months/years without spending anything. It’s true that there is no limit to how much money you COULD spend, but in most games, you really don’t HAVE to spend anything in order to do all the content. No, you won’t have all characters and all weapons, but there’s usually very little, if anything, you cannot do if you are willing to put the time in.

RedBoot

Pro-tip for newcomers: NEVER spend crystals on continues or to re-fill energy. Save those puppies for pulls! Some exceptions apply, such as expanding unit or item slots.

This varies from game-to-game. Stamina refills are one of the best uses for premium currency in One Piece Treasure Cruise.

People will figure out best practices for F2P on this game quickly enough, I'm sure.

Drop

The good thing is that it has no entry barrier, most likely it's going to be possible to enjoy it without spending anything at all.

Dreavus

For some of them, yeah that's basically what it comes down to. It's fun to get a great unit on a pull. Basically we talk about that, upcoming "banners" (promotions for higher chances on certain units), and maaaaybe a bit of strategy for a really hard event boss. It doesn't help that sometimes you can barely even call it "playing the game", at a certain point you're just deciding where to allocate your stamina (and phone battery) while you set it to auto battle lol. It's funny because for a lot of these games the best of the best units aren't even needed to finish the content, but people kill themselves over getting them time and time again.

Out of the ones I've played I think Relic Keeper had the most interesting boss fights but I couldn't quite keep up with it in the end. Too much auto battling to be able to get into a position to take them on.

jwhit28

I would have been worried about getting screwed on the roll before it was confirmed IS led development, but the FE games strike such a balance on the hardest difficulties that I'm confident that at least the story mode can be done by any set of units.

Quonny

I would have been worried about getting screwed on the roll before it was confirmed IS led development, but the FE games strike such a balance on the hardest difficulties that I'm confident that at least the story mode can be done by any set of units.
This is usually true of any gacha game, but yes it'll go doubly true for FE.

Ken

Are we gonna have to have 10,000 conversations with units for their trust master reward. 😂

woopWOOP

Dang, Sigurd's art looks pretty rad in this

I'm not gonna bother rerolling. If I start with a bunch of unpopular three stars then I'll take those three stars to the top!

As a newcomer to the series, I'm hyped for this and Echoes, they're a perfect way to ease me into Fire Emblem's history after loving Awakening and Fates. The only thing I'm worried about is the simplicity of the maps. I started playing Phantom of the Kill to familiarize myself with this kind of game, and even though I'm glad they won't be as stupidly large as PotK was, I still hope that they won't be totally brain-dead due to their size.

Hasney

Do we know if the Android version will have cloud saves? Kinda want this on my phone/tablet/bluestacks, but not different saves on each.

Moonlight

Banned
Her design is rad tho, kinda glad she's the first person you have other then the two "Lords"
Same. My favourite design for her yet, and I'm still super jazzed about her being pushed as a third pillar as the main 'hero' team. Finally getting the credit she deserves!

ryseing

Subbed. Great job as always Shun.

I can see myself putting money in down the line, especially since I never use my Google Play rewards credits. I doubt I'll go as far as to reroll and such though as I don't care THAT much.

Do we know if the Android version will have cloud saves? Kinda want this on my phone/tablet/bluestacks, but not different saves on each.

I have the same question. Ideally could play a match or two on my phone and then play more in depth on my tablet when I get back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom