• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makonero

Looks like fun! I'm glad the previews went well, it seems like this might be the mobile hit Nintendo's been looking for. You know, but actually fun, unlike Pokemon Go.

Kouriozan

Don't rush to link your game with your Nintendo Account if you wanna reroll.
Guess most people will want to start with Lucina or something.

so uh

how do you get lucina in this

th

:^)

udivision

so uh

how do you get lucina in this

It's actually kind of cool. There's an amiibo like functionality some phones support. You just take your morning's garbage and dump it all over your phone. The game recognizes Lucina and adds her to your party. Pretty neat!

Caim

Definitely rerolling for Lyn.

After the mess that is Memory Defrag's rates I've become desensitized to it.

Out of curiosity do we know how many different heroes there are at launch that we can pull from the gatcha?

Also, will they all be actual Fire Emblem recruitable units or will some of the lower tier pulls be things like Risen Archer.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Prepared for lots of re-rolling. Make sure to post stats on the characters you see so we an figure out who is a good starter!

Sölf

Less than 24 hours if it really releases 7 AM JST world wide. Oh boy, this will be good.

Do we know how guilds work if they exist?

Also, I approve of Jugdral characters in the banner.

To be fair, how many gacha games are available over here, anyway?
Mmmm, like a bajillion?

If we're talking distinctly Japanese ones with bigger presences, Puzzles and Dragons, Terra Battle, Final Fantasy: Record Keeper, One Piece Treasure Cruise, Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ, Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius all come to mind.

My surprise is mostly based on where we're posting. I just figured that most people on an enthusiast forum would have come across a gacha game at some point in the last few years.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Prepared for lots of re-rolling. Make sure to post stats on the characters you see so we an figure out who is a good starter!

Chances are that we won't know who the best units are for a while. We only know which units are good here when the game was previously released in Japan/Korea/wherever. I'm just rolling for my favorite characters and then going with that.

Quonny

Chances are that we won't know who the best units are for a while. We only know which units are good here when the game was previously released in Japan/Korea/wherever. I'm just rolling for my favorite characters and then going with that.
Yep. I don't care what star rating they are. Just rerolling until I get one of my top 5 characters and playing.

Dee Dee

are you going to be fine playing a gacha game? :V

Haha, good point. I honestly never really spent much on IAP - only permanent convenience unlocks, some skins and chapter unlocks. I work for a mobile game publisher myself though, so I hope that helps to keep me grounded me a bit. You see some crazy stories in those games when people go all in.

I was under the impression there's a monthly limit of how much you can spend in the game anyway? Did I just imagine reading that?

This will be the first gacha game where I'll spend instead of going through it purely F2P. I'm pretty excited for it.
To be fair, I also bought the Fire Emblem Fates Limited Edition, which wasn't cheap either. And apparently a phone with less than 2GB RAM is not quite the standard anymore anyway - time to tip the scales! I mean upgrade. Time to upgrade.

Yaari

Same. They will likely do some campaign as the game started so I don't want to miss out too much of that.

Out of curiosity do we know how many different heroes there are at launch that we can pull from the gatcha?

Also, will they all be actual Fire Emblem recruitable units or will some of the lower tier pulls be things like Risen Archer.

I saw 100-ish quoted in 1 matome comment sections, but not sure where it came from tbh. no idea, all materials shown to us atm just fe units

chrono01

Thanks for the OT, Shun!

Here it is, my dream gatcha game. The one I've been wanting since I started playing gatcha games. Am I excited? Oh yes, I am. Very much so.

I just hope Tharja is available at launch so I can re-roll for her.

I saw 100-ish quoted in 1 matome comment sections, but not sure where it came from tbh. no idea, all materials shown to us atm just fe units

Ah okay I see that list now, not sure if that's a comprehensive list since I can't read Japanese. Hope they are relatively quick adding new units to pull, not sure what the rate is in gatcha games for new content like that though.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

You're right, but since many of you will be able to play for several hours before me, any info at all is a leg up for me. I don't have a strong preference for who I start with either, so playing the field and figuring out who is helping folks early on is probably the best I can do without waiting for weeks/months for a real tier list to develop.

Strimei

Mmmm, like a bajillion?

If we're talking distinctly Japanese ones with bigger presences, Puzzles and Dragons, Terra Battle, Final Fantasy: Record Keeper, One Piece Treasure Cruise, Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ, Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius all come to mind.

My surprise is mostly based on where we're posting. I just figured that most people on an enthusiast forum would have come across a gacha game at some point in the last few years.

Yeah, someone corrected me earlier. I was extremely unaware of how many were actually available, it seems, heh.

Draxal

Only thing I'm not sure about is playing just the English version or playing the JPN release, if you can change the written language.

More concerned about collaboration units and codes not working over anything else.

The fact that every character can be upgraded to a 5*, and that you can influence the gacha system to a certain degree definitely makes this a lot more appealing than other character gacha games.

I'm pumped.

Jims

The rarity system doesn't seem as obnoxious as I thought it would be. Maybe it will be in practice, but the economy doesn't look too terrible for one of these games. I was wondering if we were going to have to spend a ton of orbs to keep trying for more stars on a desired unit (and they're set in stone). But being able to just level them up (if needed), is totally fine. I babied Donnel in Awakening, I will totally do it again in mobile. Power leveling is just what Donnel does.

(I guess if we randomly get a five-star in the early game, they're just our de facto pre-promote for this game?)

Dammit, just realized my phone (which I bought like a month ago lol) only has 1 GB RAM ;_;

Ah well, only put me back 100. Might upgrade.

chrono01

Man, when I saw the 2GB warning, I got worried. Thankfully, the phone I just upgraded to around a month ago (iPhone 6S) has 2GB of RAM in it.

Whew!

Sölf

I also just realized my phone only has 1 GB. The hell, why you do this to me. I bought this last year or so, but still, why. ;___;

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sigurd in the banner? All is well.

Strimei

Dammit, just realized my phone (which I bought like a month ago lol) only has 1 GB RAM ;_;

Ah well, only put me back 100. Might upgrade.

Made me realize I need to check...this may be dumb but how do I figure this out? Android here.

I've been holding off on an upgrade so probably time for that anyway.

edit: Nevermind, figured it out. 1.5 gigs. Bleh.

Quixzlizx

Has there been any info about how friending works? One of my favorite parts of gacha is helping/being helped by my friends/GAF.

chrono01

Made me realize I need to check...this may be dumb but how do I figure this out? Android here.

I've been holding off on an upgrade so probably time for that anyway.
Just do a search for the model of your phone on Google. Should pull up all of the information you need.

Yaari

Yaari, haven't seen you i a gacha thread in a while :)

Haha yeah, Granblue Fantasy has been taking much of my time
and money
. But, I'm glad to see people are sharing my excitement for this game too, and I hope it delivers!

Caim

The fact that every character can be upgraded to a 5*, and that you can influence the gacha system to a certain degree definitely makes this a lot more appealing than other character gacha games.

I'm pumped.

Yeah I wouldn't mind actually spending a little money on something like this for once.

NandoGip

I've played a few gacha games and they're usually fun for a few hours until you a wall out of no where and either need to grind for hours and hours or pay for a chance on a strong summon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom