• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FireFox 3 Release Thread of Burning Animals Hugging Globes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Sam said:
Atrocious. Absolutely atrocious. Seems to crash more often and I can't drag images into PS any more. Renders come up with a black background when I do. Fantastic.
I was wondering about this as well. It's not a hassle but it is weird.
RubxQub said:
thanks, I was wondering the same thing.

anyone else having problems with the built-in spell checker and contractions? as in it will underline the "arne" part of "aren't" and the "didn" part of "didn't".

Sorry to bump this thread, but I have a question about firefox in general. How do you make it so the window never resizes itself because of sites you visit? I remember it involved changing a setting by changing a number or something like that, but I can't remember what it was exactly.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
OxtheMidget said:
Sorry to bump this thread, but I have a question about firefox in general. How do you make it so the window never resizes itself because of sites you visit? I remember it involved changing a setting by changing a number or something like that, but I can't remember what it was exactly.
There is an option you can change, but I've had mixed results with it.

Tools>Options>Content>Enable Java (Advanced Options)

There is a checkbox for "allow java to resize or move windows".

Schrade

bune duggy said:
anyone else having problems with the built-in spell checker and contractions? as in it will underline the "arne" part of "aren't" and the "didn" part of "didn't".

Doesn't do that on mine.

Vlad

I finally got around to installing Firefox 3. I figured I'd stick with 2 for a while while all the initial kinks got worked out.

So, is there either any way to restore the address bar to FF2's functionality and get rid of all this "searching the bookmarks and history" stuff? I found lots of references to changing browser.urlbar.matchOnlyTyped to True, but I'm guessing that that only worked in beta versions, as it's still acting up.

I guess I'm in the minority in how I like my software... I like each part of it to just stick to a given function. If I want to go through my bookmarks, I'll go to my bookmarks.. if I want to look through my history, then I'll just Ctrl+H it. If I want to go to a specific URL, I want to be able to just type a partial URL and pick from a small section of results, not results where the descriptive text of the site happens to have that string in it.

Joe

ok so firefox just randomly changed the fonts and everything looks like crap. any way to restore it?

Joe said:
it's currently on arial size 16. what is the default setting?

I'm pretty sure that is the default setting. Click on the Advanced button and flip the option to allow sites to use their own fonts, see if that helps.

Joe

it is already checked. here is what my settings look like:

2n186z6.jpg

Retrofluxed

Schrade said:
Are you sure you didn't install it using Stylish from here: http://userstyles.org/styles/6090 ?

If so, you can just right click on the Stylish icon in the status bar when you're on GAF and uncheck the style you have for the site.

LOL, very nice theme. Speaking of, does anyone happen to have a Stylish that changes NeoGAF to black as the main color instead of white? White happens to be very hard on my eyes and a black layout would be much better.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
goat said:
LOL, very nice theme. Speaking of, does anyone happen to have a Stylish that changes NeoGAF to black as the main color instead of white? White happens to be very hard on my eyes and a black layout would be much better.

Well not the entire site, but you can mess with the dino-gaf theme HTML color codes to make some parts black if that helps =/.

acv691.jpg

Schrade

BobFromPikeCreek said:
I post on another forum with embedded YouTube videos, and now they won't show up since I switched to verison 3. What the fuck?
Type about:plugins in your address bar and hit enter.

In the listing see if you can find Shockwave Flash. If you don't see it in there, just install the latest version and you should be set.

Schrade said:
Type about:plugins in your address bar and hit enter.

In the listing see if you can find Shockwave Flash. If you don't see it in there, just install the latest version and you should be set.
Yeah it's there. :/

Crocodile

Ok so quick question. How do I make it so that Firefox actually displays Japanese characters and not these weird "number in box" it's doing now?

Schrade

Crocodile said:
Ok so quick question. How do I make it so that Firefox actually displays Japanese characters and not these weird "number in box" it's doing now?
Have you installed the system fonts for it?

Schrade

Crocodile said:
I neither know what those are or how to do that. Care to elaborate?
It requires your Windows XP install disc.

Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages tab -> check Install files for East Asian languages. (This is the part where it'll ask for your disc)

Schrade said:

Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages tab -> check Install files for East Asian languages. (This is the part where it'll ask for your disc)

Didnt ask me for my disk (and yes, my copy is legit)

Schrade

jamesinclair said:
Didnt ask me for my disk (and yes, my copy is legit)
It will probably only do it when you press "OK". You've probably got a copy of the install files on your HD.

Crocodile

Schrade said:

Yep, that worked. Thank you for your help.

neoism

Pankaks said:
Well not the entire site, but you can mess with the dino-gaf theme HTML color codes to make some parts black if that helps =/.

acv691.jpg
please tell me how to get gaf to look like this. I just got fox today after using ie7 forever and oh my fucking god is it night and day or what. LOVE it so for!!

RubxQub

ice cream said:
How do i change the size of the back button?
Right click in the small space under the address bar so you see the choices of:

• Bookmark Toolbar
  • Address Bar
  • Customize...

Go to customize and select the checkbox for "use small icons".

ice cream

Banned
RubxQub said:
Right click in the small space under the address bar so you see the choices of:

• Bookmark Toolbar
  • Address Bar
  • Customize...

Go to customize and select the checkbox for "use small icons".
thanks

alejob

Sorry to bump but ever since I updated to firefox 3 I've had this problemo and I'm wondering if it's just me.

Sometimes when I open a Neogaf page it stalls and only opens the top part. It stops at the blue bar right below the page links. It seems to happen more often when I try to open many pages/tabs at a time. I have to refresh the page to get it to load.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ok. What the fuck.
I still get that error where all your bookmarks don't show up..
Sometimes they do.. sometimes they don't...

on osx

The first 5 or so always show up, but nothing else... except sometimes they do randomly.

still <3 firefox though.. just a big annoyance and i have no idea what is causing it.
anyone else suffer from this?

RubxQub

3.0.2 just came out with some fixes.

Give that a shot I guess and see what's up?

RubxQub

zoku88 said:
I downloaded it a few hours ago, prolly just a security thing.
The release notes said it fixes some layout issues, so it may fix the one problem with the GAF loading.

/shrug

zoku88

RubxQub said:
The release notes said it fixes some layout issues, so it may fix the one problem with the GAF loading.

/shrug
There was a problem with GAF loading?

<-- didn't read the release notes.

Raistlin

goat said:

Tools -> Options -> Colors

Then either manually setup your colors or check 'Use System Colors' if they are as you want, followed by unchecking 'Allow sites ...'.

Once its setup, all you need to do is toggle the 'Allow sites ...' checkbox to switch between normal viewing and night viewing.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ok.
Is there a problem with flash using firefox3 on osx.

Yes, Firefox is up to date.. as is the flash plugin.

I can't see xbox.com, 12seconds, or even videos gizmodo, etc..

What the hell is going on? This has been going on for quite some time.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Jtwo said:
Ok.
Is there a problem with flash using firefox3 on osx.

Yes, Firefox is up to date.. as is the flash plugin.

I can't see xbox.com, 12seconds, or even videos gizmodo, etc..

What the hell is going on? This has been going on for quite some time.

works for me. dont know whats wrong. :/

Since this thread is still around, I thought I'd post this, the shot I did for the photo assignment thread two weeks ago. I was actually inspired by this thread's title.

RSZ_2411ps.jpg

Kibbles

I upgraded to 3.0.3 or whatever the new release is and Firefox no longer wants to work. IE works just fine. WTF. =( I hate IE...

I tried uninstalling and going back to 3.0.2, but that no longer works either. FUUUCKK!

RubxQub

Lucky Forward said:
Since this thread is still around, I thought I'd post this, the shot I did for the photo assignment thread two weeks ago. I was actually inspired by this thread's title.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/brian4447/RSZ_2411ps.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Fucking badass!

Awesome picture, dude :lol

Pringo

Banned
Okay, since this thread's been bumped I have a question to ask. I installed Quicktime yesterday as apparently YTMNDs and some other sites won't have working audio without it. But the thing it, since I installed it I'm not getting audio on any website now. I uninstalled Quicktime but that didn't fix the problem. Any help?

RubxQub

Pringo said:
Okay, since this thread's been bumped I have a question to ask. I installed Quicktime yesterday as apparently YTMNDs and some other sites won't have working audio without it. But the thing it, since I installed it I'm not getting audio on any website now. I uninstalled Quicktime but that didn't fix the problem. Any help?
You mean playing things like YouTube videos will not produce sound, or embedded website audio doesn't work on any page now?

Pringo

Banned
RubxQub said:
You mean playing things like YouTube videos will not produce sound, or embedded website audio doesn't work on any page now?
Both. I'm not getting any audio whatsoever.

Threi

notag
Lucky Forward said:

RSZ_2411ps.jpg
holy crap that's awesome :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom