• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FireFox 3 Release Thread of Burning Animals Hugging Globes

Status
Not open for further replies.

avcables

Banned
dork said:

That's not the right one. The real.exe should be 7.8MB in size, not 7.1MB. That's the RC3 we were mislead to download earlier.

step1.png

This picture shows the filesize as 5.75MB. :lol

step2.png

That's the same filesize as the first picture but from Firefox 2.0. I think they shopped "3.0" into the first picture. :lol

avcables said:
Those all check out to be the same as the Release Candidate 3 files. Not to mention they advertise the download as being 7.8MB right on their front page. I don't think those are the right releases.

7.8 meg was the size of 2.0.0.14 or whatever was on the half-updated icon.

zoku88

RiskyChris said:
7.8 meg was the size of 2.0.0.14 or whatever was on the half-updated icon.
2.0.0.14 is 5.4 ish MB actually. 7.8MB really IS firefox 3 (which I just downloaded/installed.)

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
I installed FF3 a few minutes ago and have been playing around with it. So far, I'm really liking the new firefox. Performance-wise, it's soooo much better. Major props to Mozilla!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
RiskyChris said:
Then what the fuck did I download at 7.1 megs :lol
The official FF3 download directly from Mozilla's site is definitely 7.1 megs. I just got it. I don't know what the 7.8 that I got earlier was.

FatalT

Banned
Foxix said:
o_O we lose our bookmarks?

When I installed it, I was reverted to the bookmarks I had when I tried out the 3.0 beta. This sucks too because I changed around a lot of sites during the time when I tried the beta and then went back to regular 2.0. Oh well. I think I got most of them back to how they were before I installed 3.0, but it still sucks that I had to do it.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Foxix said:
o_O we lose our bookmarks?

Edit: Wow that downloaded fast. *Click* *Your download has finished*
Nah, my bookmarks are still here. It's just a good habit to backup your bookmarks every now and then.

Foxix Von

K.Jack said:
The official download on Mozilla is definitely 7.1 megs. I just got it. I don't know what the 7.8 that I got earlier was.

What the heck? At the firefox homepage it says 7.8 but the actual file is 7.1?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Foxix said:
What the heck? At the firefox homepage it says 7.8 but the actual file is 7.1?
Yeah I dunno. I downloaded it from the page which lists the versions by language, and it was 7.1 megs.

Definitely faster than F2. I like it. A lot.

Foxix Von

oh my god I'm in love.

Everything looks a little different but in a... OH MY GOD THIS IS AWESOME kind of way.

I like the new way it renders stuff and holy hell this is fast O_O

FabCam

fistfulofmetal said:
The add-on site is simply dead.

Just what I was thinking. It just ain't working. Btw, does anyone have the fireNES addon? How does it work because whenever I click on a game to play a new window opens but it just remains black.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm grabbing the final version now. 10KB per second... and this is a 256 KBPS DSL connection. This might take a bit...

hadareud

The Translator
why the hell is my browser still saying (Build 2008052906) after installing it?

Hasn't it upgraded properly from RC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom