• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firmware Version 2.00 - Official Press Release

DrXym

The scrolling message was the first thing I disabled. It seemed too small and narrow to be much use even if you did want to read the text. I think it should disappear entirely, and be replaced by the news board which should only appear when you hover over the info icon.

And as the news panel probably employs RSS, I wish Sony would stick that functionality in there too as channels.

womfalcs3

Banned
- I turned off Remote Start because it kept spontaneously turning on the PS3 (there's a reason, I wish I knew it).
* I actually came home, turned on the console, and found that all my downloads were complete. I was in joy as I thought the PS3 downloaded the content while it was on standby! Apparently it downloaded as it kept turning on and off.

- I turned off the Information Board because I found it to be useless.
- I won't use the playlist feature for music and photos because I simply don't use the PS3 for that purpose... (The rare times I do, I stream the music from the computers)

---------------

Even when I had the Remote Start feature turned on, doing it over the internet always timed out. I don't have time nowadays to look into that.

The only times I really use Remote Play is when I'm at home, so I guess I don't really need it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
womfalcs3 said:
- I turned off Remote Start because it kept spontaneously turning on the PS3 (there's a reason, I wish I knew it).
* I actually came home, turned on the console, and found that all my downloads were complete. I was in joy as I thought the PS3 downloaded the content while it was on standby! Apparently it downloaded as it kept turning on and off.

- I turned off the Information Board because I found it to be useless.
- I won't use the playlist feature for music and photos because I simply don't use the PS3 for that purpose... (The rare times I do, I stream the music from the computers)

---------------

Even when I had the Remote Start feature turned on, doing it over the internet always timed out. I don't have time nowadays to look into that.

The only times I really use Remote Play is when I'm at home, so I guess I don't really need it.

Since you use the Remote Play at home, uncheck the Remote Start via Internet option, but leave the Remote Start on. System should not auto start up.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wait a minute. You can start videochat remotely now?

ggl16.jpg

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20071112/ggl.htm

Edit: Wow it werks. The Start New Chat option is greyed out if you try it by bringing up the options menu on a given buddy in the list, but the "stand alone" Start New Chat option at the top of the friends list is there and works. Havent tried to actually chat with someone yet but the USB mic (plugged in the PS3) responds to voice in the Audio Device Settings.

Also noticed when you push the PS Button to bring up the XMB while chatting or whatever, they added a "Back to [the application running in background]" option in the onscreen little menu in the bottom right corner. I dont recall that being there. It was obviously possible already to go back and forth the XMB without interrupting the application in background. It's just that line that it's new. Maybe.

Edit 2: Did a 3 ppl videochat on the PSP. Works great. :D

Schrade

TTP said:
Wait a minute. You can start videochat remotely now?

Edit 2: Did a 3 ppl videochat on the PSP. Works great. :D
While I love the idea of being able to start up your webcam remotely on the PS3 via the PSP, I don't see how the video chat could work. You can't get your voice into the PS3 remotely, can you?

I absolutely love the idea of being able to check out what is going on in your house via your PS3 though... wonder how many cameras you can hook up at a time and whether or not you can select sources.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Schrade said:
While I love the idea of being able to start up your webcam remotely on the PS3 via the PSP, I don't see how the video chat could work. You can't get your voice into the PS3 remotely, can you?

You have to use the PS3 headset of course. Or just talk freely to the PS Eye if you are in the same room.

kuYuri

A few questions about this update:

1. Can you make your own folders for the Games section, or can you only sort it by pressing the square button that the PS3 offers?

2. Any stealth edits?

Also, my PS3 also turns on automatically with remote play on. I also have a Linksys WRTG54GS. I hope this is fixable in the future.

tanod

when is my burrito
Strider2K99 said:
A few questions about this update:

1. Can you make your own folders for the Games section, or can you only sort it by pressing the square button that the PS3 offers?

2. Any stealth edits?

Also, my PS3 also turns on automatically with remote play on. I also have a Linksys WRTG54GS. I hope this is fixable in the future.

1) Yes. Group by Album. Then press triangle and go to information. Change the album to whatever you want the folder to be called. Repeat until games are organized.

2) The only thing that isn't on the change list on Sony's update site is a much faster web browser and store.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
TTP said:
You have to use the PS3 headset of course. Or just talk freely to the PS Eye if you are in the same room.

But why start it remotely? If you aren't at home then you can't use the Bluetooth headset that you have for your PS3.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
mckmas8808 said:
But why start it remotely? If you aren't at home then you can't use the Bluetooth headset that you have for your PS3.

I dunno. It's just cool it works :lol

gtmax

I can't stream any divx, WMV files from NeroHome after this update. I could've sworn i saw something about DNLA when cycling through the user agreement.

This sucks. I can only view mpg files.

tanod

when is my burrito
gtmax said:
I can't stream any divx, WMV files from NeroHome after this update. I could've sworn i saw something about DNLA when cycling through the user agreement.

This sucks. I can only view mpg files.

TVersity had an update for FW 2.0. I'm guessing Nero will do the same.

kuYuri

tanod said:
1) Yes. Group by Album. Then press triangle and go to information. Change the album to whatever you want the folder to be called. Repeat until games are organized.

2) The only thing that isn't on the change list on Sony's update site is a much faster web browser and store.

For some reason it won't let me change the name of the folder. Can you write it out step by step?

RuGalz

Strider2K99 said:
For some reason it won't let me change the name of the folder. Can you write it out step by step?

Press triangle to go to Information of the game and press X to edit the name of its "album"...

AVclub

If you click on any game/demo/ps1 icon with the triangle, it gives you the option to go into the "information" window for it. This window has one customizable field called "Album" which you can name whatever you want. I named mine "Demos" and "Games" then did the sort and everything is nice and neat. It isn't hard to do.

Kuran

Banned
Can someone please tell me where I can disable the 'RSS feed'? Its driving me insane, I can't find it anywhere! I must be stupid.

Edit:
Triangle helped! Why isn't this in the settings where it should be?!

Kuran said:
Can someone please tell me where I can disable the 'RSS feed'? Its driving me insane, I can't find it anywhere! I must be stupid.

Edit:
Triangle helped! Why isn't this in the settings where it should be?!

There an orange icon under 'Network'. Press Triangle, then 'Do not use'.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
What's the point of the Information Bar anyway?

THERE IS NO INFORMATION!

Or am I the only one getting "Latest Playstation Network News" scrolled endlessly with no actual news?

kuYuri

Lindsay said:
What's the point of the Information Bar anyway?

THERE IS NO INFORMATION!

Or am I the only one getting "Latest Playstation Network News" scrolled endlessly with no actual news?

You have to actually highlight it and press X to expand it to see what's listed.

Top Bottom