• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firmware Version 2.00 - Official Press Release

kaching said:
PS Eye still on while the PS3 is on Standby? Wake on Wave your Hands, coming soon? Or just surreptitious surveillance of PS3 users?
We need the clap on! :lol I remember those infomercials like I saw them yesterday.

Tr4nce

I can't get online anymore with RFOM, since I installed 2.00 this morning. I hear more people have problems with this... You guys????

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
TheBranca18 said:
Don't you need absurd upload speeds in order to stream an HD movie file to the PSP over the net?
It's not streaming an HD video though, it's streaming a downsized version of the video (480x272 resolution for the PSP screen).

Tr4nce said:
I can't get online anymore with RFOM, since I installed 2.00 this morning. I hear more people have problems with this... You guys????

Hello.

I was earlier playing warhawk on the ps3 and the servers disconnected.
maybe sony servers are getting updated or something?

SRG01 said:
TTP, as it was discussed several pages back, the auto-turn-on from Wake-On LAN is caused by router settings and/or NIC/discovery pings from the router.

Is there any way to stop it from starting on it's own?

Thrakier

kaching said:
It's not streaming an HD video though, it's streaming a downsized version of the video (480x272 resolution for the PSP screen).

Does it work for you via the Internet? Music and Photos are fine, Video doesn't work.

How do I create a custom folder in the gaming section?

I'd like to have one for demos, one for PSN games etc., but I can't figure out how to do this. All I can do is sort them and it will put PS3 and PS1 games in a seperate folder.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
TerryLee81 said:
How do I create a custom folder in the gaming section?

I'd like to have one for demos, one for PSN games etc., but I can't figure out how to do this. All I can do is sort them and it will put PS3 and PS1 games in a seperate folder.

Press triangle on a game, then go to information, then edit the album title. It'll automatically place it in a new folder of the same name.

chubigans said:
Press triangle on a game, then go to information, then edit the album title. It'll automatically place it in a new folder of the same name.

Ah that actually makes sense, thx a lot.

B-Ri

did you guys notice that now when you download videos, you can background download, or watch the video AS it downloads? :O

Vashu

Metalmurphy said:
NO WAY!! I had no idea!

check the post above yours :p

Check the many posts above yours. ;)

But yeah, cool features this time around. Love the new theme options, and yeah, it being free and completely altering your xmb makes it a great tool. Paying for themes? Hell no! You know what Sony (or any company) should do more often? Add some extra's to the games they sell. Be it wallpapers, or themes.

Just a little extra for the fans or something, that would be nice.

spwolf

Vashu said:
You know what Sony (or any company) should do more often? Add some extra's to the games they sell. Be it wallpapers, or themes.

Just a little extra for the fans or something, that would be nice.

did you somehow miss RC, Warhawk, Uncharted wallpapers?

kevm3

I love the PS3. So feature packed. You know what would really be awesome? Remote play for PS2 games, if that's not a feature that is already there. Playing Okami or a good RPG while you're away from your system would be excellent. It would be excellent if the PSP allowed you to plug your six axis into the USB port and use that to play the games, or if they came with a wireless adapter for it.

The browser is much faster, and the playlists were a much needed feature. I can't wait until they get in game music and Home will be an excellent addition as well. The PS3 was well worth the $500 price.

Ragnarok10

I heard you can access the video chat feature remotely through the PSP that basically shows you what your PS Eye is seeing while you're away from your PS3, anywhere in the world. If true, VERY cool!

PS3 = Home Security System ftw

Vashu

spwolf said:
did you somehow miss RC, Warhawk, Uncharted wallpapers?

Of course not, but receiving special items (i.e. wallpapers, gamer pictures or themes) that way would just be a little extra novelty, is all. Heck, I even got the 'special' wallpaper of R&C that was on the USB stick I got from SCEE.

Guy Legend

Apparently on the Playstation boards, the new 2.00 update has killed the 80 gb's BC with Gran Turismo 4. Ugh, anyone else try it.......

Ragnarok10 said:
I heard you can access the video chat feature remotely through the PSP that basically shows you what your PS Eye is seeing while you're away from your PS3, anywhere in the world. If true, VERY cool!

Too cool. I'll try this out.

Ragnarok10 said:

I see some people getting arrested for finding innovative uses for this... :lol

Ragnarok10 said:

Pretty sure that if a PS3 is at the door, the first thing they'll steal is your new home security system. PS3 as a Home Security System FTL

el Diablo

Banned
Thought i noticed it last night but couldn't confirm, i'm 99.99% sure now that they stealth fixed/tweaked the fan speeds.

Before mine would go into the third fan speed (very noticeable when there's low or no other sound) after about 15 mins even if it was just sitting in the XMB, this has happened every time i've used my PS3 since one of the very first few firmware updates. I've had mine on for about 3 hours now and it's still at the second fan speed (only noticeable if you put your ear up to the machine). Anyone else notice this?

For the record i'm like a bat, blind as one but hear just as well as one :lol

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Thrakier said:
Does it work for you via the Internet? Music and Photos are fine, Video doesn't work.
I've only tried it in a limited fashion. Right now my PSP is still at 3.5 FW so I haven't tried it in awhile. Whatever is causing your problem isn't because it's trying to send a full HD stream though.

Shit. I can't even update it. I downloaded it on my notebook then put it on a flash drive and the PS3 won't recognize it. Doing it the regular way won't work either.

This sucks.

Zaphod

el Diablo said:
Thought i noticed it last night but couldn't confirm, i'm 99.99% sure now that they stealth fixed/tweaked the fan speeds.

Before mine would go into the third fan speed (very noticeable when there's low or no other sound) after about 15 mins even if it was just sitting in the XMB, this has happened every time i've used my PS3 since one of the very first few firmware updates. I've had mine on for about 3 hours now and it's still at the second fan speed (only noticeable if you put your ear up to the machine). Anyone else notice this?

For the record i'm like a bat, blind as one but hear just as well as one :lol

Now that you mention it I think you are right. I've had mine on for 30min trying to download the Uncharted demo and I've yet to hear the fan spin up to full speed. It used to do this all the time.

Phoenix

WasabiKing said:
Pretty sure that if a PS3 is at the door, the first thing they'll steal is your new home security system. PS3 as a Home Security System FTL

Yeah but if you're smart you will have that video stream going to a site so you can grab the last few frames and know who robbed you :)

the_id

can someone with a pal PS3 test this: play an imported US game or a demo from the US ps store on their PAL ps3. Uncharted doesn't work. I hope its an isolated case or sony did another stealth region lock of games. i'm at work and i have a useless flatmate.

tanod

when is my burrito
the_id said:
can someone with a pal PS3 test this: play an imported US game or a demo from the US ps store on their PAL ps3. Uncharted doesn't work. I hope its an isolated case or sony did another stealth region lock of games. i'm at work and i have a useless flatmate.

It's a special case. It's a bug. It's similar to how the United States R&C demo couldn't find the Japanese movies when you play it on a Japanese console so then it wouldn't play the movies. The difference is that instead of continuing with the game after the movie, it hangs.

I'm not able to get into the store right now so I can't download Uncharted. :( Also, the fan is definitely running slower.

Raist

Banned
the_id said:

Done. Works (see the Uncharted demo thread :p)

Good God, now I can't even sign in after figuring out how to update. I think I'm going to give up... although I wanted to play Uncharted SOOOO bad.

GodfatherX said:
ive heard the browser is faster now...can anyone confirm?

also did they finally update the java/flash in the browser ?

The browser does seem faster but it doesn't look like they updated flash. I tried the PlayStation blog first and movies had sound but no video. :(

snorggy

count me as one of the folk who's internet connection died with the 2.00 firmware... WTF !! i cant d/l uncharted demo :(

i don't even know where to begin to try and fix this as it was working perfectly fine before the update... argh

Top Bottom