• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First gameplay trailer for Project Scissors (Clock Tower Spiritual Sequel)

Nirran

I know there is a Project Scissors thread but the more people that see this the better as the amount of backing has been extremely low so far. They've just released their first gameplay trailer for Project Scissors to backers. This looks like the game most Clock Tower fans have been wanting for forever. Everything about this reminds me of the original Clock Tower. From the original mouse to get around to the main enemy chasing you and having to hide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVrWn9CY91c

They did say they were going to improve upon models and animation as the game's development goes on. Help make this onto PC and not just mobile devices!

Here is the link for the kickstarter as well: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playism/project-scissors-nightcry

AAK

Maybe she could take off her heels and not walk like a Zombie?

But yeah, it looks like a fun survival horror game.

Excessive Cleavage much?

To be brutally honest, this looks terrible. :(

It is a VITA port after all. I wish they didn't go for a point and click interface and went for direct control. It just looks very tedious. I don't think point an click makes sense anymore when a game like that is running in real time.

I already don't like the main character design. I like big breast and all, but it kind of puts me off. The graphics are not impressive at all. I really doubt this kickstarter is going to make it regardless of pedigree. It just seems so cheap and half-hearted.

Seems like too little too late. No idea why the kick starter was launched when Japan was awake instead of the West when they're asking for support for a PC port. That first day is rather important. They still have my support but it sucks seeing this struggle. I love clocktower and never thought we would ever see anything even resembling it again.

Maybe she could take off her heels

One of my first thoughts too, right after "this looks pretty terrible and generic". I love when she was trying to walk slowly in a quiet room and her heels made the loudest sound imaginable.

But hey, you get dual cursors in this game. We're talking the real deal here.
I know they'll most likely fix that for the release but still.

Draft

Tropes vs. Cocktail Dresses.

I'm planning on getting the iPad version anyway. This Kickstarter kind of stinks. The devs should focus on tablets (and Vita, I guess?) Do interesting things with platforms that have touch interfaces and handheld screens.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It looks a bit rough, as expected. They're still working on animations and models. I have a good deal of faith in the talent behind the project, though.

RickGhastly

Neo Member
I understand the limitations and its early development state, but Haunting Ground still looks pretty good. These days, I hope they'd at least be able to hit that mark even on the weakest hardware.

Top Bottom