• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First image of BioWare's new series. [Nirolak Is Bad At Guessing.]

Patryn said:
I keep hearing people say RPG elements. What indication do we have that there will be any RPG elements beyond the fact that historically Bioware has done a few RPGs in the past?

I fully believe this will be an action game.

because fans know and bioware knows that the more their developers push the game beyond rpg and towards action elements the worse their game becomes. (looks at their previous 2 releases)

Lime

The picture does not say much, but the style of the character and the involvement of cars really does not appeal to me.

However, I hope the character in the picture is the main character, so that we get more non-white protagonists in video games.

Solo

There was once a time when a new Bioware IP would tickle me like no other. And then they made Jade Empire. And Dragon Age. And Mass Effect 2. And Dragon Age 2.

Now, I bow only to our lord and saviour, CDPR.

So I guess they decided Rage wasn't quite mediocre enough so now they're going to take a stab at crapifying it even more. Color me jaded, but I've pretty much lost all faith in Bioware.

Solo

ElyrionX said:
I want the Bioware that made Baldur's Gate 2 back.

That's like saying you want the 1980's back. It's nice to want things, but certain things are never coming back.

Complistic

Solo said:
There was once a time when a new Bioware IP would tickle me like no other. And then they made Jade Empire. And Dragon Age. And Mass Effect 2. And Dragon Age 2.

Now, I bow only to our lord and saviour, CDPR.

All hail our polish overlords.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
I understand what the Bioware marketing people are thinking here. They want to release a tantalizing, mysterious, teasing image that gives away little and provokes a lot of speculation and discussion.

It's just that the image is boring and doesn't feel fresh or original. Combined with Bioware's record in the last few years, I'm not too inspired.

spats

M.D said:
This is their new IP, not Mass Effect 3

FatboyReaction-2.gif

I'm not going to judge anything based on one image, but honestly after platinuming Borderlands and playing lots of Fallout 3 + New Vegas I feel like I'm pretty much done with post-apocalyptic, ruined environments. The reason why I haven't played Rage despite being a big fan of id.

Midou

Funny how I seem to like Bioware less and less as they go more shooter and actiony with each title. Dragon Age: Origins will be their last epic RPG title.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Solo said:
That's like saying you want the 1980's back. It's nice to want things, but certain things are never coming back.

Like I said in the first page. Auto Duel. 80s coming back :)
So many people probably have never heard of it or forgot about it, it might as well be a new IP.

Elginer

This looks NOTHING like an RPG but considering where BioWare is going with the last few games, I guess that's par for the course huh. Damn you BioWare, Damn you to hell!

REV 09

The Lamonster said:
Looks generic :(
: (...this. We already have enough games with this "setting". maybe it will be different some how, but the games that everyone is mentioning don't need another to be added to the list.

ReaperXL7

Damn, was hoping for an RPG, but I guess I should not have been considering the developer. Looks like an action game inspired by Borderlands/Rage as has been stated already.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
bigboss370 said:
is this true!? O_O

Three promised reveals include a look at a brand new franchise from BioWare, the developer behind Mass Effect and Dragon Age. We'll also get a look at the next Alan Wake title and a full reveal of Metal Gear Solid: Rising. We'll have the first teaser images of these titles this Monday at Gameinformer.com (also featured in the December issue), so check back then.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...le-alan-wake-sequel-debuting-at-the-vgas.aspx

ArjanN

Kyoufu said:
I want the Bioware that made Mass Effect 1 and Dragon Age 1 back. :(

I thought Mass Effect 2 was better than 1. Sure it's a bit more streamlined than the first game, but way more polished as a result, and those half-assed RPG mechanics weren't a huge loss.

spats said:
I'm not going to judge anything based on one image, but honestly after platinuming Borderlands and playing lots of Fallout 3 + New Vegas I feel like I'm pretty much done with post-apocalyptic, ruined environments. The reason why I haven't played Rage despite being a big fan of id.

Not sure why people see a post-apocalyptic wasteland, could easily just be a desert.

inky

Elginer said:
This looks NOTHING like an RPG but considering where BioWare is going with the last few games, I guess that's par for the course huh. Damn you BioWare, Damn you to hell!

Well, they are a big studio now, so they probably want to diversify their portfolio to make it seem they can do all kinds of games, not only RPGs. Although they are already doing that with their existing IPs. maybe they'll throw in some RPGness to show how those mechanics are more like salad dressing instead o main course for them now?

MaddenNFL64

Bioware is several times larger than they were even 2 years ago. I forget their net worth, but it's 700 million or some such I believe.

Top Bottom