• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Image of the new Sailor Moon Anime Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Another reason why K-On has the superior artstyle. Dem hips.

True.Detective.S01E06.jpg

Sailor Moon is set apart from other shows because of its art. By making it more in line with K-On, it would lose the magic that made it so great. In other words, it would be like every other anime out there.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh. This creepy pedo shit is why I can barely post around these parts without feeling like I'm in the den of perverts.

"Like" it's a den of perverts?

At least you got to watch it while you were a kid when it was free of stigma. I didn't, and now I don't think i'll be able to.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What? Am I not allowed to comment on artstyle decisions? The very moment I notice that a character has curves I am a pedo because it's not your age group?

You do know that "dem <body parts>" is basically slang for "I fap to this," right?

Anyway I'm pretty excited for the new series. The staff seems kind of..shonen leaning, but as long as it's an adaptation of the comic with better fighting scenes that shouldn't matter too much.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Man this thread took a sad turn fast.

I was so fucking excited about talking about new Sailor Moon stuff too. =/

Might have to go to MM's thread.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anyway I'm pretty excited for the new series. The staff seems kind of..shonen leaning, but as long as it's an adaptation of the comic with better fighting scenes that shouldn't matter too much.

I always felt like SM was a shonen in shojo clothing (eagerly anticipating getting a hasty reply educating me on the actual differences but whatevs.) The show was basically about fighting bad guys, getting powerups, and beating the big bad at the end of each arc. Not much melee combat but the powers were pretty damn fly, Jupiter Thunder Dragon was boss as hell.

I always felt like SM was a shonen in shojo clothing (eagerly anticipating getting a hasty reply educating me on the actual differences but whatevs.) The show was basically about fighting bad guys, getting powerups, and beating the big bad at the end of each arc. Not much melee combat but the powers were pretty damn fly, Jupiter Thunder Dragon was boss as hell.

Sailor Moon never felt like Shojo to me either, it has too many of the basic shounen trappings to really qualify. I think it's mainly because it's from a time when just because something starred a girl that meant it was for girls and not boys.

Sophia

Well, it definitely was a battle manga. I know you're anticipating it, but Shounen and Shoujo are referring more to the demographic, then a specific genre. =P

I really like how the art style resembles the manga this time. High hopes for a good production.

Lynd7

Art style looks good, but feels a bit old fashioned. Also, I wonder how this will go now that Madoka has been such a huge hit, Sailor Moon could come off as out-dated.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from. It's just a more action oriented show targeted at girls, which is what I hope it stays as, rather than targeting the the more "adult" fanbase that wants it to be generic anime with more fanservice and the like. But no one wants that, I'm sure.

Art style looks good, but feels a bit old fashioned. Also, I wonder how this will go now that Madoka has been such a huge hit, Sailor Moon could come off as out-dated.

Doubtful. SM is a classic anime, people will watch for A) nostalgia and B) to see how the remake compares to the original

royalan

Sailor Moon is set apart from other shows because of its art. By making it more in line with K-On, it would lose the magic that made it so great. In other words, it would be like every other anime out there.

This.

If the anime actually ends up looking like that image then that's damn awesome. It's pretty faithful to the manga, and one of the reasons Sailor Moon has persevered like it has is because of its beautiful art.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
i hope WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD SHAKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING makes a comeback

Isn't this only going to cover the Dark Kingdom arc? If so then no Uranus and therefore no World Shaking. :(

I hope this is a seasonal thing and they remake an arc a year, but I guess it depends on its popularity.

This confirmed my fears.

Sailor Moon was a product on the 90's (both the anime and the manga) I a not a huge fan but I know the basics and I would have loved to see and entirely different take on the mythos but I later learned it was a direct adaptation of the manga which is disappointing to me. I would have at least wanted to see a different artstyle but that seems to be not happening.

I wonder if they would modernize things don't exist anymore like cassette tapes and old CRT monitors and whatnot.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This confirmed my fears.

Sailor Moon was a product on the 90's (both the anime and the manga) I a not a huge fan but I know the basics and I would have loved to see and entirely different take on the mythos but I later learned it was a direct adaptation of the manga which is disappointing to me. I would have at least wanted to see a different artstyle but that seems to be not happening.

I wonder if they would modernize things don't exist anymore like cassette tapes and old CRT monitors and whatnot.

Umm it looks totally different from the original anime... And you're basing all that on one promo image? You're really expecting it to be a shot for shot remake...?

Lynd7

This confirmed my fears.

Yeah, I was trying to get that across in my last post. They needed to update this more for a modern audience. The creator probably has told the new anime staff they can't though.

But still, it's one image.

Beth Cyra

People liking Mars.

9Rsre.gif

Don't you dare talk shit on Rei Hino, she was freaking amazing. Her ability to predict and protect Usagi in the Anime/Movies was second to none.

Yeah, I was trying to get that across in my last post. They needed to update this more for a modern audience. The creator probably has told the new anime staff they can't though.

But still, it's one image.

Incredibly unlikely.

Almost every version of Sailor Moon since the Manga has had it's own unique spin and flavor, whether were talking Anime, Musicals, or Live Action.

Team Jupiter reporting in.

I was kinda "but why?" when this was first announced but I'm actually keen for it now.

Still need to get the second half of the manga and watch PGSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom