• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First images from Titan (saturn's moon) NASA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/space/01/14/huygens.titan/index.html

story.titan.surface.jpg

and an interesting quote::

For unknown reasons, NASA, which operates Cassini, the satellite orbiting Saturn that relayed Huygens' signal, removed an image of Titan's surface from its Web site. ESA had not released that image. No official information was available about the image from Titan's surface.

hmm.. wonder why it was removed.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
There's another thread with this stuff...

But as for why the pic was removed, probably because it was the ESA that developed the actual probe, and they'd like credit for the pictures it took.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Dan said:
There's another thread with this stuff...

But as for why the pic was removed, probably because it was the ESA that developed the actual probe, and they'd like credit for the pictures it took.

The pictures of the surface are being taken with the NASA developed Descent Imager/Spectral Radiometer. So I don't think it's that.

The more likely answer is... they saw an alien.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Goreomedy said:
The pictures of the surface are being taken with the NASA developed Descent Imager/Spectral Radiometer. So I don't think it's that.
Ah, I see. Weird, that was the only thought I really had.

jett said:
It'd be a real freakin' shame if the probe wasn't able to take color images...
I don't know specifically about this probe, but I remember reading how when the ones currently on Mars want to take a color image, they remain stationary and take several greyscale images through color filters, which can then be combined again into color images.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
pnjtony said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
suvin_ranne.jpg

Ahhh...much better

down the road, not across the street.. your gonna be in pain sucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom