• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look: A REALM REBORN: FINAL FANTASY XIV PS3 version

Oh geez, this looks great. I kinda want FF XIV now, but I've never played an MMO before. Mostly due to my lack of a decent PC, but still. ;-;

i stopped playing once i hit legacy. I hope I can get into the winter beta. I know i will be getting this on ps3 when it comes out

Zee-Row

Banned
I hope the draw distance doesn't take a big hit , that one of the things I hated about the PS2 version of Final Fantasy 11. You couldn't see more than 5 feet ahead of you.

Kuro268

Neo Member
Is combat in this traditional everquest/wow style combat or something different?

A little faster than FFXI but a tad slower than WoW. That's only for the current battle system though... It's changing in ARR and they're saying it's much faster along with the inclusion of party attacks (Limit Breaks).

Xiaoki

If this was free to play I would be all over it.

But, Im currently playing WoW: MoP and GW2 and considering getting Rift: SL.

Also, for a PS3 MMO I think it looks good. Well, do want to see a large battle in motion though.

jiggle

hearing crystal tower always make me not want to come back
conjures up image of the nyzul/salvage nightmare in XI

Shamdeo

The armor for chocobos is called chocobo barding. They'll be able to fight alongside you in combat. Some heal, some are damage dealers, etc...

Zekes!

I'm one of those people who always wanted to play FFXI so I'm kind of interested in this...hope it turns out well

I just really hope that new combat system isn't as generic as it looked in the videos. The current system is basically Xenoblade's (aka amazing), but for some reason instead of just fixing server lag and speeding up some animations they decided to overhaul the overhaul.

Everything else about 2.0 looks amazing but if the battle system is plain old MMO I'm not sure I want it.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
On 2.0 i will give away a CDKEY.

I should buy a copy of PS3 to play some times on PS3 :p

Blablurn

do i just need a version of final fantasy 14 to receive the update? im talking about the pc version right now. im really interested in this one.

drkOne

More artwork:

Changed to link cause huge: http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/files/2012/10/0c00c1b4a5be222bd3d6960a51f0c178.jpg
8ba5404ef856a10f7fa259b7a0c68c56.png
Ru'Aun Gardens v2, get hype.

Xater

How can you say this looks good? Looks super low-res and you can already tell the textures are terrible. Just look at the wood textures at the house. Ewww...

This comes also way too late. It should probably be ported to next-gen instead and maybe they will still do that. I mean FFXI did on 360.

Pranay

How can you say this looks good? Looks super low-res and you can already tell the textures are terrible. Just look at the wood textures at the house. Ewww...

This comes also way too late. It should probably be ported to next-gen instead and maybe they will still do that. I mean FFXI did on 360.

Screens are direct feed. Will actually look good in motion and all.

Hopefully the perfomance is good

Top Bottom