• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at new 'Jurassic Park Arcade' game - oh hey look, feathers!

I figured some people here would appreciate this. YouTube video.

Ok, fine, it seems only one species has feathers.

The game seems to be telling the story of reclaiming Isla Nublar in preparation of building the new park, Jurassic World. It's got over 30 different species, so it should be a fun play.. I always loved the TLW game.

Pictures:

525w6DA.jpg

5NBs5fP.jpg

1kOzFse.jpg

bM68dyu.jpg

Y5XGWe8.jpg

pQDokaV.jpg

vLX69uB.jpg

IQVh6iN.jpg

yDL5ciJ.jpg

LCujrlO.jpg

Borman

ohhhh

spent countless hours with my dad on the first one, would love to try this one out

Lost World wasn't the first Jurassic Park arcade shooter (most people seem to think it is, so my apologies if you truly mean the first).

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
HYYYPE

I loved wasting my tokens on Jurassic Park 2 Arcade, and will go broke if this is placed in my local arcades.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Only one? feathered dinosaurs are the true, best and superior dinosaurs, devs need to have more feathered dinosaurs in their games.

Looks kinda like a cross between the first two games, the sit-down jeep with the infinite ammo turret/cursor you aim around, but its clearly from the Sega/Virtua Cop/HOTD complete with slow down special events, alternate ammo pick-ups you need quick reflexes to grab, and the bosses with the circle weakpoints gradually grow red before they hit you.

Not sure what's up with the T-Rex, as it looks like it came out Dino Crisis, but those Raptors seem fairly close to the Jurassic World leaked pics.

After all the resolution topics in the last few months, I am genuinely curious what kind of specs a 2014 arcade game has

Yeah, this game doesn't seem like much of a looker, but I assume its fairly standard fair for an arcade game.

Only one? feathered dinosaurs are the true, best and superior dinosaurs, devs need to have more feathered dinosaurs in their games.

The resurrected dinosaurs is the Jurassic Park universe don't have feathers because of shortcuts taken in constructing them. This is also why the raptors are enormous. I learned this from the terrible Telltale game. That's probably canon, right?

Brofield

I never did beat The List World arcade game, and I think the closest one to mine is a Dave & Buster's arcade some 45 minutes away from me.

Still, I hope this gets picked up at an arcade somewhere in Toronto

Heroman

Banned
The resurrected dinosaurs is the Jurassic Park universe don't have feathers because of shortcuts taken in constructing them. This is also why the raptors are enormous. I learned this from the terrible Telltale game. That's probably canon, right?

THat is some bs they use to tell why some dinosaurs are not right

soultron

Banned
Hoping for detached light guns. Mounted guns have never really felt great for seated arcade shooters, IMO. Works better of you're standing.

Also kind of disappointed to see reloading is gone. That was what made the Lost World JP arcade game really tense at parts.

Daingurse

Oooh, I've loved the Jurassic Park arcade games. Neat to see another one being made.

I've long accepted that theropod dinosaurs were essentially birds, feathers and all, but JP can get away with not having feathers. as they are genetically engineered freaks. T-Rex probably really looked like a giant chicken, which I actually find terrifying.

I remember heading down to my old local arcade center with my father when I was kid and playing the old version. Laying out quarters in front of you so you can quickly insert them when you lose. This would be neat to see on the PS Move.

lost-world-theater.jpg

adj_noun

Between this and that Star Wars game I'm actually starting to want to go to an arcade again.

Too bad the only one anywhere near me is a dessicated corpse.

So does this have a chance in hell of coming to home consoles?

I wouldn't count on it. I believe that Target: Terror was the only Raw Thrills game to see a console release. And I think that was done with Konami licensing it from RT and then getting another dev to port it. Outside of that, their games are exclusively in the arcades.

Lernaean

Banned
I miss the days when arcade games looked and run better than anything you had back at home.
This looks like shit, and in it's defense, every arcade game I've seen lately, except certain fighting games, look like shit as well.

I also want another Dino Crisis now, directed by Mikami :p

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I wouldn't count on it. I believe that Target: Terror was the only Raw Thrills game to see a console release. And I think that was done with Konami licensing it from RT and then getting another dev to port it. Outside of that, their games are exclusively in the arcades.
Big Buck Hunter Pro got a Wii port, as did the original Fast and the Furious arcade game under the Cruis'n branding. None of them were very good, though.

Top Bottom