• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at THE FLASH [Extended trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

THat was a great pilot. Much better than Arrow's one. I don't think I will like this show as much as Arrow because I prefer darker and more grounded stories, but that was such a glorious way to start a show.

I loved how they embraced the much lighter tone than Arrow. Barry is happy to be a hero, the superpowers are flying everywhere and there will telepatic gorillas? Fuck yeah.

curious how they will keep up the visuals effects lol.

this seems like it would require way more cg budget than Arrow

I'm guessing they'll tone down some of the bigger CG effects and try to focus on more practical stuff. Wind gusts, camera pans to the Flash suddenly being right there, slow motion action scenes with Barry going normal speed, and stuff like that.

NastyBook

Those visuals towards the end were great. I am even more hyped for this show now. Dat
Wayne Tech/Queen Consolidated merger.

Wiktor

I'm guessing they'll tone down some of the bigger CG effects and try to focus on more practical stuff. Wind gusts, camera pans to the Flash suddenly being right there, slow motion action scenes with Barry going normal speed, and stuff like that.

I think they might also be helped by the fact that they don't have flashbacks. They propably eat quite a bit of Arrow's budget.

Dalek

Pilot was so good. The possibilities of where this show is going...

I think anyone who's read Flashpoint knows what the Season Finale is going to be, and it's so awesome they've set it up this early to have great impact.

Jesse Martin is great, as is Grant. I have to say though I didn't warm up to Iris though. Maybe it will take a while.

Man that ending is superb. It's going to hook a lot of people.

How much creative input does Geoff Johns have in the series?

Tucah

you speak so well
Great pilot. Sure, there was some clunky dialogue and iffy acting now and again but it was a ton of fun and the tone was perfect. It'll make an excellent lighter counterpart to Arrow in the fall and people are going to be hooked.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Some really cheesy moments but I think they got the tone right overall. And I'm really impressed how much was setup in just one episode.

I think The CW has another winner on their hands. Wouldn't be shocked if DC gave them another franchise to bring to television in the next two years.

Pilot leaked?

Hmm, do I watch it now and wait the few months until episode two or try to resist and watch it when it officially airs so I don't crazy waiting for episode 2.

Hmm....

Forkball

ARE YOU THEORETICAL?

THAT LIGHTNING BOLT CHOSE YOU.

The trailer makes it look like the Spider-Man movies with a really fast guy.

Neoxon

Saw it, loved it.
I'm surprised they had Detective West learn that Barry was The Flash from the start, I guess they aren't wasting time. Oh, & that hologram newspaper.

I'd hate to be Iris once she finds out that her new man killed Barry's mom & pinned the blame on his dad.

DieH@rd

Banned
The pilot is VERY GOOD. Much better than Arrow's! They packed a lot in it, and pacing was excellent. CGI effects and Flash's running was well done, although I'm sure pilot will look even better than this SD Interlaced leak. Music was very good.

I'm very glad that they are fully invested into comic book storylines. We already know from before that Zoom will be in it, but they hinted about more amazing stuff.
That one title in the newspapers made me squeal. :D

CryptiK

Saw it, loved it.
I'm surprised they had Detective West learn that Barry was The Flash from the start, I guess they aren't wasting time. Oh, & that hologram newspaper.

I'd hate to be Iris once she finds out that her new man killed Barry's mom & pinned the blame on his dad.

Well it seems they might not be going that way since the after credits scene confirmed the Doc was from the future so he may be the one that did it.

Pilot is great. They really did manage to stash everything in the trailer into a single episode.

It's quite hectic since there's so much to introduce so the character development has to take a back seat, but the last third is pure comic book awesome.

Also, that ending. Didn't think they would
introduce time travel that early.

I don't get the ending.

Think
back to the future 2, where jennifer checks the "You're fired" notice and it changes, same with the photo in 3. I think the doc's checking to see if the future has been changed. Question is, does he want it to be changed, or does he want to ensure it remains as it was in the ending?

manual4

Banned
good for a cw show.you could probably replace the name with arrow and i really wouldn't know the difference other than the obvious super power

DieH@rd

Banned
I don't get the ending.

Newspapers strongly hinted about Crisis on Infinite Earths/Flashpoint type of storyline, big crossover events when heroes traveled from one dimension to another. Incredibly ambitious comic book stories and something that even the most optimistic comic book readers never expected to see on their TV screens.

Also, there was a mention of WayneTech in that newspaper, which is AN ABSOLUTE FIRST for Arrowverse.

Pluto

I watched the first few minutes and turned it off, I still can't decide if I want to watch it now, waiting months for episode 2 will be horrible after a good pilot and apparently it's very good but that makes me want to watch it right now even more.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Two general thoughts/observations

Happy they just let the cop know from the first episode. None of this, does he suspect non-sense

Also, what's the deal with the wheelchair if he can walk. Like not sure what he gets from the idea that he is crippled?

prediction:
Have a feeling he's going to end up being revealed as the dude who killed Barry's mom. Dunno if I was going crazy or not, but during one of the flashbacks it was almost like Barry's mom was screaming something like, "you won't do that to my son!" or something similar. Maybe I'm just hearing things. Future man is the most likely candidate for being the lightning man in the flashbacks (from what we've seen thus far), only because as explained in the show, all these meta-humans only start popping up after the starlabs explosion. Makes sense then that someone with powers back when Barry was a kid had to be someone from the future, or someone affected by something similar. Anyhow, being crippled would be the absolute best way to completely end any sort of suspicion that future man could possibly be lightning man (from the flashbacks) before it ever takes root, for whatever reason. We'll see what happens, I don't follow the comics or know much about the Flash so this is just pure speculation.

That pilot was amazing though, better than most 2 hour superhero films, and already better than Arrow. Can't wait for the entire season.

Hagi

Well it seems they might not be going that way since the after credits scene confirmed the Doc was from the future so he may be the one that did it.

See i thought that but
watch them be the same person :D

Was pretty good hopefully they do the rogues justice and man all dem references.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
See i thought that but
watch them be the same person :D

Was pretty good hopefully they do the rogues justice and man all dem references.

Ooooo damn that seems like a solid prediction, didn't think of that, but it makes sense considering what people have said about the comics. Also the actors both have blue eyes and a similar facial structure, so the slightly different looks part is easy to explain away as hair dye + age

Tizoc

Pilot was so good. The possibilities of where this show is going...

I think anyone who's read Flashpoint knows what the Season Finale is going to be, and it's so awesome they've set it up this early to have great impact.

Jesse Martin is great, as is Grant. I have to say though I didn't warm up to Iris though. Maybe it will take a while.

Man that ending is superb. It's going to hook a lot of people.

How much creative input does Geoff Johns have in the series?

Might want to use spoiler tags primarly as
not everyone who is watching the TV read that comic series

Mariolee

I was actually really impressed with the
tornado
CGI effects. I know it was in the trailer but man oh man. For a TV budget!

NinjaBoiX

I watched a minute of the extended trailer before my brain bled from my ear. So much corny dialogue.

"I've spent my life searching for the impossible, never imagining that I would become the impossible."

Urgh....

Wiktor

I watched a minute of the extended trailer before my brain bled from my ear. So much corny dialogue.

"I've spent my life searching for the impossible, never imagining that I would become the impossible."

Urgh....

Corn and Cheese are necessary recipees in Flash goulash :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom