• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First official glimpse at Clash of the Titans remake (Sam Worthington)

Status
Not open for further replies.
skyfinch said:
How long before he makes a comedy movie about parenthood, which might include babysitting?

"I just want my kids back."

homeless+dad.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
You know I've been really looking forward to this

Amazing cast, and Leterrier is a great action director

Then I noticed the writers are the guys who wrote Aeon Flux :|

bengraven

MickeyKnox said:
Spoilers?

Are you fucking kidding me?

Statute of limitations on spoilers runs out after a couple thousand years.

I beat you to the punch almost an hour ago:

Bengrave said:
I think the statute of limitations is up on that one.

Has been up for 2000 years.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
MickeyKnox said:
Spoilers?

Are you fucking kidding me?

Statute of limitations on spoilers runs out after a couple thousand years.

What if, and I'm just putting it out there, I was kidding?

Replicant

Anasui Kishibe said:
why does he have the same face in two different posters?

Because it's a facial expression geared for action-piece promotional posters and not for academy award nomination.

Photographers/designers usually pick one or two photos which will match the mood of the promotional campaign and just discard the rest if they don't fit the mood.

Replicant said:
Because it's a facial expression geared for action-piece promotional posters and not for academy award nomination.

Photographers/designers usually pick one or two photos which will match the mood of the promotional campaign and just discard the rest if they don't fit the mood.

that's weird. I mean, they coulda used a slightly different expression/angle to get to the point, not the same face shopped in a different context. It kinda strikes me as cheap job

Replicant

Anasui Kishibe said:
that's weird. I mean, they coulda used a slightly different expression/angle to get to the point, not the same face shopped in a different context. It kinda strikes me as cheap job

It's not 'shopped'. More like the photographer/designer was aiming for a specific shot or expression (ie. anger/triumph). Moreover, those posters you see are most likely experimental posters and not all will make it to theaters. They're still playing around with the typography and the words they want to include/exclude. That's why there are some posters that look similar except in different poses/angle. Usually, only one of the two similar posters will be used in the final version. So most likely only one of the Pegasus and one of the Kraken will be used.

Ok, I wasn't horribly excited to see this movie, but seeing the posters and the photo of Liam Neeson in bad-ass gear, I've changed from indifferent to frickin' anxious! Now I can't *wait* to see this film. :)

Good job, GAF, for convincing me!

Replicant said:
It's not 'shopped'. More like the photographer/designer was aiming for a specific shot or expression (ie. anger/triumph). Moreover, those posters you see are most likely experimental posters and not all will make it to theaters. They're still playing around with the typography and the words they want to include/exclude. That's why there are some posters that look similar except in different poses/angle. Usually, only one of the two similar posters will be used in the final version. So most likely only one of the Pegasus and one of the Kraken will be used.

didn't know they were rough copies, now I feel a bit better about the whole project, thanks

JoeBoy101

Little perturbed with Liam's Zeus. Overall, it looks badass, but lack of white hair seems like fail to me. As it is, he just looks like an angry Charlie Manson.

GhaleonEB

kraken1.jpg

kraken2.jpg

Okay, which is it. Do they dangle her from the cliff or tie her to the ground? And is she in a dress or not?

Also, remake must keep the unexpected boob and butt shot near the end, or the remake fails.

jett said:
After all the God of War 3 footage I'm somewhat interested in this movie now. :p

Actually, it's funny, because showing the GOW3 demo to my girlfriend opened up a long conversation about Clash of the Titans a few nights ago. We ended up renting the movie off PSN.

Personally, after seeing the original so recently, I'm not as interested in a remake of Clash as much as I am seeing what they are going to do for a God of War movie.

The original Clash is just fine, cheese and all. I don't need an "edgier" retelling, CG, and all that other modern shit. Watching Clash the other night brought me right back to where I was sitting in a theater when I was a kid.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I'm sorry but what is this story even about? I love epic movies like this, but I've never heard of this one before.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
mckmas8808 said:
I'm sorry but what is this story even about? I love epic movies like this, but I've never heard of this one before.

Spasm

mckmas8808 said:
Very interesting. Did Kratos fight Perseus in God of War? I seem to remember that name from some where.
Yes, voiced by Harry Hamlin no less. It was an epic nerd moment.

Can't believe the hate for the owl. Seriously how can you hate it and how can it not be in this?

Maybe they are hiding it since they know everyone wants it!!

NotWii

Banned
Ergh, I'm hating the art direction on this one, it looks so derivative.
It's like Lord of the Rings meets 300
Nothing about this looks Greek at all

I'll stick to the original
Zeus doesn't need no stinking armour!
Ray Harryhausen will smite this film from beyond the grave

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I don't know what's more aggravating to me, the fact that some people don't know about the original Clash of the Titans, or that their frame of reference for Greek mythology starts at God of War. :\
Wii said:
Ray Harryhausen will smite this film from beyond the grave
He's still alive!

jett

D-Member
Those posters look great...although I hadn't realized until now that Leterrier is directing this. I thought Hulk "2" was an immense piece of crap. :/ Hopefully he somehow got better since then.

Replicant said:
They have another one:

Possible spoiler:
http://i37.tinypic.com/2vvkoqq.jpg

Here's a protip: if you're spoiled by that I recommend you get a fucking education.

(not talking about you Replicant :p)

NotWii

Banned
fallengorn said:
Eh... don't know. (Book or dvd release?) But the man shows up every year at Comic-Con.
Maybe he won a lifetime achievement award or something
I remember seeing a tribute video and everything, I thought he had passed away :eek:

jett said:
Those posters look great...although I hadn't realized until now that Leterrier is directing this. I thought Hulk "2" was an immense piece of crap. :/ Hopefully he somehow got better since then.

Here's a protip: if you're spoiled by that I recommend you get a fucking education.

(not talking about you Replicant :p)
LOL this reminds me of the time I saw Romeo + Juliet and all the teen girls in the front row who came to see DiCaprio started freaking out at the end when he took the poison and died. That's not how a Hollywood love story is supposed to end! Pro tip girls, that particular spoiler alert has been in the public domain for 500 years!

WrikaWrek

Banned
You know, this movie looks like something i've never seen before, it's something maybe i would expect a comic book or a videogame or a cartoon try to do visually but ever thought someone would have the balls to make a movie in this fashion.

It's cool as hell.

Gary Whitta said:
LOL this reminds me of the time I saw Romeo + Juliet and all the teen girls in the front row who came to see DiCaprio started freaking out at the end when he took the poison and died. That's not how a Hollywood love story is supposed to end! Pro tip girls, that particular spoiler alert has been in the public domain for 500 years!

Not even in the same ballpark as far as public awareness goes between this and Romeo. Come on, i know the stuff i learned in school, and the stuff i saw in fiction, but i for one don't know the story of Clash of the Titans.

Acting like that is synonymous of a lack of education is laughable, since the fuck when do we have to know every particular story in greek mythology? Give me a break.

Dead

well not really...yet
So what are the chances of this getting an R rating? Will they chance it like they did with 300?

I'm sure there'll be a tonne of CG, but it's always good seeing actors act on sets and locations instead of standing in front of fucking green screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom